The worst a Champ has lost his Rich Franklin/Anderson Silva...

Franklin got his face rearranged by Anderson Silva in less than 5 minutes. Cain got knocked out in 64 seconds.

I'd say those are the two least successful UFC title defenses.

Its possible he just forgot but damn cmon Joe spends a ton of his time watching/talking about fights lol

People are right with Cain/Brock that one is right up there as well because it wasnt just a flash KO....Brock was just a terrible fighter

Took nearly 3 rounds for Jones to put Shogun away, took Anderson a little over 2 minutes to put Rich away.

Sure, Jones was destroying Shogun the entire time, but it was still three rounds. Silva didn't even give Franklin the option of fighting longer.

No one is saying that Jones-Shogun was more brutal than Anderson-Franklin. They're saying that in between Cain-JDS and Anderson-Franklin there was Jones-Shogun and that was the last really brutal title fight were one guy thoroughly dominated and outclassed his opponent.

What about when Cain destroyed Lesnar to win the title? That was a mauling. Or when Lesnar wrecked Mir (interim champ) to unify the HW title?

Additionally, for the first round and a bit of the 2nd Gray Maynard was destroying champion Edgar in similar fashion.

For 4.5 rounds Sonnen mauled champ Silva.

Of couse there's JBJ/Shogun too.

I used to be a huge Rogan fan/supporter, but after listening to him pretend as if Leonard Garcia was the second coming of Tyrone Spong as he hit air, I become disgusted. Then the Leben and title fight -- I'm spent.

What about when Cain destroyed Lesnar to win the title? That was a mauling. Or when Lesnar wrecked Mir (interim champ) to unify the HW title?

Additionally, for the first round and a bit of the 2nd Gray Maynard was destroying champion Edgar in similar fashion.

For 4.5 rounds Sonnen mauled champ Silva.

Of couse there's JBJ/Shogun too.

I used to be a huge Rogan fan/supporter, but after listening to him pretend as if Leonard Garcia was the second coming of Tyrone Spong as he hit air, I become disgusted. Then the Leben and title fight -- I'm spent.

At the time Rogan said that Cain was really running over JDS without letting him put 0 offense ( the last 3 rounds were were slower paced ).

2 guys you mention lost.

yeah he took a beating, silva/sonnen 1 was close..

shogun/jones
penn/edgar 2

Meah. Disagree. Flash KO < 5 rounds of vicious beatings. And I'm a guy who loathes decisions.

Especially if the guy that won with one punch , was unable to do anithing in 5 rounds.

GSP vs Hughes 2....

That's as bad as it gets. Display you are better than opponent in virtually every area of MMA, and then finish them.

Another fight where the challenger ran over the champ was Couture/Sylvia. That was the epitome of "being outclassed".

Also, Cain wasn't himself in that first fight. It's like something Rashad Evans said, before he got run over by Machida. He said that once he got the belt, he became afraid. When you're chasing the guy with the belt, you're one of the wolves, but once you have the belt, you realize that all of the wolves are after you. He said he had nightmares and dreams about losing, and it all came together to become the Rashad Face. I think that Evans/Machida 2 would also be a lot different from the first fight, but I'd say that it would be much closer, and no guaranteed win for either guy.

Last edited:
Dana White did the same in the post fight interview. Weird.

Caine first loss to JDS was a lot worse than last nights

KO > Decision

Cain beat jds bell to bell everywhere the fight went. Jds got one thing right in their first fight. Cain avenged it pretty comprehensively.

He should have said the worst beating a champion has taken in 5 rounds.

Back