The World's Deadliest Animal Is...

Arkain2K

Si vis pacem, para bellum
@Steel
Reaction score
The world's deadliest creature isn't what you'd expect. A 2014 graphic from Bill Gates' blog outlined the number of deaths per year related to animals. Scroll down and you'll see the biggest offender:

The_worlds_deadliest_animal_isnt-7ba0889fa5027af9ad858ccea27d65ca

Yes, mosquitoes — the pesky bugs that suck blood and transmit viruses from person to person — are responsible for the most animal-related deaths.

"When it comes to killing humans, no other animal even comes close," Gates noted on the blog.

Malaria by itself is responsible for more than half of mosquito-related deaths, predominantly in sub-Saharan Africa, though that incidence fell by 37% between 2000 and 2015, according to the World Health Organization.

Dengue fever, another mosquito-borne disease, has become a leading-cause of hospitalization and deathamong children in some Asian and Latin-American countries.

And it's not just deaths that mosquitoes are responsible for. The recent spread of the Zika virus in the Americas by the mosquito has alerted the world to the impact the pest has. Once infected with Zika, only about 20% of people ever show symptoms, which most commonly include fever, rash, joint pain, and red eyes.

One reason why Zika is troubling is because it has been linked with birth defects in babies whose mothers have had Zika symptoms and a neurological condition called Guillain-Barré Syndrome.

The_worlds_deadliest_animal_isnt-0b02b7bb7024a5d2e571ee53510d10d4

While Aedes aegypti has been singled out as the carrier of Zika and dengue, other mosquitoes like those in the Anopheles group carry malaria.

Apart from vaccines, mosquito eradication is one of the best ways to curb the spread of deadly infectious diseases. Then, perhaps, there could be a new deadliest animal.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/worlds-deadliest-animal-isnt-shark-161002207.html

Sounds more like a combo of mosquitoes and lack of access to adaquete health care.

Ripped apart by wolves seems like the shittiest or one of the shittiest ways to go

I mean they're eating you before you're dead. Your last image could be looking at one enjoying what used to be your arm or leg

I would have guessed giardia and the shit errrr pee out your butt it causes that leads to the most deaths in the third world.

The banning of DDT has caused more death than any single policy I can think of.

The environmental risks were never even proven, the claims in Rachel Carson's book "Silent Springs" about dead fish and thinner bird egg shells were never substantiated.

Tens of millions of people are dead from preventable diseases because environmentalists have decided easing their own anxieties is more valuable than human life.

Anyone who tries to justify the banning of DDT must also justify the deaths of tens of millions of people that DDT WOULD have otherwise been saved.

Last edited:
Yeah but I'd rather get attacked by a mosquito than a shark or bear or lion or croc.

Mosquitos suck. This dosent surprise me at all but I also worked in orphanages in se Asia where people die all the time from malaria and giardia.

Malaria medication sucks too. Sucks bad.

I was entering this thread expecting a Futurama reference from The Scary Door.

Last edited:
Yeah but I'd rather get attacked by a mosquito than a shark or bear or lion or croc.

The problem is you're not gonna get attacked by a single mosquitoe. Those fuckers always bring all their friends and extended families to the party. If there's a single inch on your body that the DEET bodyspray didn't reach, they'll find it, even if it means stinging right through your shirt.

I have camping trips every year in the wilderness where there are warning signs about wolves, bears, and mountain lions as soon as you enters the gates, and I'd feel safe with a can of Mace, a taser gun, and a tree with some low branches that I can climb on. But give me all the mosquitoes repellant in the world and I still wouldn't want to head into malaria hot zones where you'll likely be swarmed by a cloud of disease-ridden mosquitoes as soon as the sun sets.

Last edited:
was expecting a picture of my ex-wife,the fucking evil bitch.

Death by snail sounds funny, but I assure you it's not.

I support an initiative to eradicate mosquitoes from the earth

I was way off

Last edited:
It's true, I got a mosquito bite on my calf once that itched so bad i thought I was gonna die.

Back