The World MMA Awards: Who do you think will win Fighter of the Year 2020?

Like everyone says it's hard to choose this year.

You have Figgy, who will be a 3-0 champion this year if he beats Perez, but he did miss weight in the first Benavidez fight so that's a bit of a black mark.

Izzy had an amazing performance against Costa, but the Romero fight was so bad it might rule him out.

Khabib only fought once, as impressive as it was.

Then you have Jan and Yan.

Not sure, there's no clear cut outstanding candidate.

Reactions: HHJ
Jan and Izzy are good shouts. Only thing against Izzy (as a massive Adesanya fan) was that his fight vs Romero was fairly flat. Yan and Fig could also be in the running depending on how their next two fights go.

Outside of the box suggestion, but I would argue Khabib deserves it this year. If you consider the year Khabib had in 2020 as well as his supposed bad training camp, and consider the fact that he put on the performance of his life against Gaethje, there is an argument for him to be the Fighter of the year. Not just the best p4p fighter inside the octagon, but maybe the most resilient and enduring outside of it.

I agree with you from a moral standpoint, but fighter of the year needs at least two fights.

It's not about the quantity but about the quality.
Who beat Adesanya last year.
Old Silva, Gastelum who got choked out by Weidman and he won against Whitaker which was the only quality win.
Khabib beat Gaethje only....

Peolple care about this fake shit?

I get a mtv misic award vibe with
100000000 screaming little girls.
Only then without the girls lol.

Its fighting not some moronic popularity contest.
Well it is now.

If it was a popularity contest, Jorge would have been the fighters of the years 2019.

It doesn't. There are fighters who won it and fought just 2 times while there were other fighters and Champions who fought more and didn't get it.

Not always of course but it has often been a factor, someone could have great results over a 12 month period that fall outside of the year and be at a disadvantage.

You can't really compare it to sports that have a well defined season, it will never be that exact.

It's the quality how he beat him that determines performance.
Best fighter of the year means the best performance of the year.
If we go by whose had the best performance of the year, Khabib would still not win. Izzy, Chimaev, Conor, Figueredo, and a plethora of other fighter had better performances in a single fight....

You see how your definition is flawed?

If we go by whose had the best performance of the year, Khabib would still not win. Izzy, Chimaev, Conor, Figueredo, and a plethora of other fighter had better performances in a single fight....

You see how your definition is flawed?

Not at all.
According to everyone Gaethje would be the hardest fight of Khabib.
We are talking about quality.
Did anyone think Cowboy would win of Conrat?

Not at all.
According to everyone Gaethje would be the hardest fight of Khabib.
We are talking about quality.
Did anyone think Cowboy would win of Conrat?
Lol, you fell to the marketing. Anyone who has watched Gaethje's fights with grappling knew he was fucked. You really thought Justin had a chance? Stop deluding yourself.

I think Yan wins it if he beats Aljo next month. Coz of the fact he's still undefeated in the UFC

I have a feeling they will give it to Khabib,

even though he doesn't actually deserve it

If it's anything but Khabib it's a fix.

Khabib! The undefeated new P4P No. 1!
espn-p4p-rankings-khabib-nurmagomedov.jpg

Bump.

Figgy just won tonight and is fighting next month, if he wins Dec 12, it will be 4 wins in 2020 and a belt. He's gonna win it if that's the case.

Back