The World Going Green Would Pay For Itself in 7 Years?

our carbon footprint is shrinking
China is one of the worst if not the worst polluting country

oh poor you

Only because they have a massive population , if you go per capita they aren't even close to the top of the list , the US wins that dubious prize .

AOC has a sherdog account: luckyshot

Electric companies dont use oil, most oil goes to transport.

You are probably thinking of natural gas.

No, that's what I meant. In the US electric companies don't use oil - hence more would be in trucks. Exxon wouldn't care if electric companies went green.

If coal and gas companies could save trillions a year, they'd all be switching over to solar/wind power to generate the electricity they sell

I'm not so sure. We've seen this before with companies like Kodak.

You can only do solar in like one part of Texas. Etc. Most places aren't suitable for green energy. So you'd have to be wiring electricity from like Texas and Mexico to Delaware. How's that possible? Does anyone else realize how crazy that sounds?

I imagine it's a problem of internalization of costs and externalization of benefits. The costs are already sunk on fossil fuel energy infrastructure: it's just a clean stream of profits. To undertake switching to green energy, especially as one of the first to do so, a company would have to expend billions/trillions of dollars investing in research and infrastructure that would then likely be used by would-be competitors to enter the market more efficiently and with less overhead. So those first companies, at least absent subsidies or intellectual property ownership, would be externalizing a lot of benefit and internalizing all the cost.
I grew up in the middle of the East Coast. Can't do solar there. Can't do wind there. You'd have to be wiring electricity from like Texas all the way to New Hampshire. That sounds crazy.

As someone that’s worked in renewable industry for a long time, these numbers are conservative.

Going green coupled with simple conservation and the steady progression of energy efficiency has a very quick payback.

The problem is, people are just stupid and have more misinformation than knowledge.

I’m pretty much certain the majority of people in this forum think turbines cause cancer and birds burst into flames above solar farms

As someone that’s worked in renewable industry for a long time, these numbers are conservative.

Going green coupled with simple conservation and the steady progression of energy efficiency has a very quick payback.

The problem is, people are just stupid and have more misinformation than knowledge.

I’m pretty much certain the majority of people in this forum think turbines cause cancer and birds burst into flames above solar farms
Isn't green energy only cost effective in very certain places though? I feel like your numbers are just based on extrapolating the green energy potential of sunny Texas or windy Oklahoma to the rest of the country and the entire planet or something.

Isn't green energy only cost effective in very certain places though? I feel like your numbers are just based on extrapolating the green energy potential of sunny Texas or windy Oklahoma to the rest of the country and the entire planet or something.
Totally depends on where and what energy we’re talking about. There’s wind, solar, solar thermal, geo thermal, etc etc etc. coupling these technologies in most cases gives way more than enough power than needed. They are making panels that work in darkness, ones that use rain for power etc. https://www.google.com/amp/s/futurism.com/device-energy-dark-night/amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...new-solar-cell-captures-energy-from-raindrops

The people that CAN use it, don’t for reasons that are very unintelligent. Shockingly stupid things. bureaucracy levels of stupidity. https://www.google.com/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/6008243/prince-edward-county-wind-turbines/amp/

look at what all is involved with just making canola oil

Back