The word conditioning for a fighter

yomon

Green Belt
Reaction score
the word conditioning for a fighter bothers the hell out of me. Since the word itself means general athletic state related to an activity, it embodies strength, endurance of all types, and cardio all into one overly simplified stupid word.

Now i have no problem when the word is used in general discussion not related to any workout plan. But when somebody explains that a specific workout will increase your conditioning it bothers the hell out of me because ANYTHING active will increase your general athletic state. It's a dumb word that really explains nothing about what a cirtian workout will do.

"do burpies because they increase your conditioning" GREAT!!! Could you be more specific!

yeah this is a rant, but its as dumb as saying situps increase your core strength.

It's just an associative term used to generalize endurance, stamina, durability. Like when you see Mark Coleman gas in a fight. He's muscular, but he does not have good conditioning. I don't know how that became the rave, but if you think about it slang never makes any sense. And I think that's phat yo', it's off the hizzle fo' shizzle...nah'msayin'?

Back