The woman official frantically telling Diego Rivas to calm down after his win

could you be more sensitive than that?

this is a fucking fight, and no one is gonna die inside the ufc from knockouts like that
Its not a "fucking fight" you dumbfucking idiot. Its competition, and its dumbfuck bar fight fans like you that don't understand the respect level these athletes SHOULD have for each other. Its not like these guys had some personal beef or something. Go watch worldstar.

could yall stop overeacting that really wasn't that bad

Its not a "fucking fight" you dumbfucking idiot. Its competition, and its dumbfuck bar fight fans like you that don't understand the respect level these athletes SHOULD have for each other. Its not like these guys had some personal beef or something. Go watch worldstar.
uh, yeah its a fight

celebrating doesnt mean disrespect, sorry to burst your bubble or something

Ahh yes... those bygone respectful days of MMA...

tank_matua_bigjohn.gif
I know its not "Honorable" But this is why Tank Abbot was my first favorite fighter

uh, yeah its a fight

celebrating doesnt mean disrespect, sorry to burst your bubble or something
Eh, listening to someone who doesn't understand the principles of martial arts isn't affecting me like that. There's a lot of idiots that think mma is like street fighting. That's why it'll never be sanctioned in New York. You're in good company. Lmao

Eh, listening to someone who doesn't understand the principles of martial arts isn't affecting me like that. There's a lot of idiots that think mma is like street fighting. That's why it'll never be sanctioned in New York. You're in good company. Lmao
"principle of martial arts"

oh boy. guess what, this isnt your local dojo or w/e. mma is supposed to be the closes possible to a street fight. gather the opinion of sherdoggers here what would they want out of an mma fight. and the NY ban has NOTHING to do with its violence, i assure you that

Well I don't think celebrating is disrespectful. Maybe your just old school, that's fine.

Thing is, he's no school. Either never competed in anything or strictly TMA bullshido. Impression of "martial artist conduct" formed by Bruce Lee snippets and those annoying motivational quotes douches post on facebook.

At first I thought she was his translator, and she was trying to get him to an interview spot or just follow him until it was time. But no interview...

I noticed they did everything they could to not show the downed fighter long after the KO.

Even as Rivas walked out of the cage, they still avoided the other half of the octagon....he may possibly still have been down?

He was down for about 5 minutes. Crazy Bob Cook and a security guard helped him walk to the back, but he was still wobbly as hell.

I think there was another reason, as the ref himself was calling out diego from and reaching to pull him from 0:55 in this vid for about 20 seconds. then he gives up, and she doesnt.
Does someone here really know the what precedure is being applied here cause everyone seems to be talking out his ass in these threads.

I'm guessing it was to get the doctor to see him:
https://www.leg.state.nv.us/NAC/NAC-467.html#NAC467Sec642

1.  The ringside physician designated by the Commission shall sit at the immediate ringside at every contest or exhibition. A contest or exhibition may not proceed unless the ringside physician is in his or her seat at ringside. The ringside physician shall not leave until after the decision in the final contest or exhibition. He or she shall be prepared to assist if any serious emergency arises and shall render temporary or emergency treatments for cuts and minor injuries sustained by the unarmed combatants.

2.  If an unarmed combatant appears to have been injured during a period of unarmed combat, his or her manager or second shall not attempt to render aid before the ringside physician has had an opportunity to examine him or her.

[Athletic Comm’n, § 49, eff. 4-25-78]—(NAC A 12-13-82; 12-2-97)

Subsection 2 might be relevant, it might be standard procedure to check on them just in case. And Lahat pretty much owned his ass in the first, even if he didn't do a lot of lasting damage. To be clear, I'm guessing, but it's the only thing I can find in the regulations.

Ummm, I'm not pissed off or emotionally invested. It just mystifies me how a sport based around respect and honor could be so lacking in both.
You sound a like really respectful and honorable person that loses his shit on the internet.

You sound a like really respectful and honorable person that loses his shit on the internet.
I just don't like idiots. Anyone who's ever been involved in martial arts know the first thing taught is respect for the opponent. These aren't bar fights, its competition.

Thing is, he's no school. Either never competed in anything or strictly TMA bullshido. Impression of "martial artist conduct" formed by Bruce Lee snippets and those annoying motivational quotes douches post on facebook.
Actually I did take karate early in life and studied TKD and Kempo after high school. You've obviously never stepped foot in a dojo or had any serious training at all. Eadb

I guess noone remembers the days when when a fighter would get on his knees until the other fighter got to his feet as a show of respect. But respect left mma a long time ago.

I personally can't stand guys going all crazy after a win like that. Didn't even walk back over and check on the dude for fucks sake. This isn't a streetfight. I found it to be pretty distasteful.
I always like to see a guy be classy and respectful but at the same time I understand there's a lot of emotion in this sport and to get dominated only to score such an awesome KO must've put Rivas on cloud 9 so I don't blame him and I don't think anyone else should.

I always like to see a guy be classy and respectful but at the same time I understand there's a lot of emotion in this sport and to get dominated only to score such an awesome KO must've put Rivas on cloud 9 so I don't blame him and I don't think anyone else should.
Fair enough, I just thought he went a little overboard considering the dude wasn't moving and was surrounded by medical personnel. It was an amazing KO, no doubt. He could have handled it with a little more class IMO.

Fair enough, I just thought he went a little overboard considering the dude wasn't moving and was surrounded by medical personnel. It was an amazing KO, no doubt. He could have handled it with a little more class IMO.
Yeah but he's a young kid and remember he was a big underdog and he definitely looked it in that first round. He was getting outclassed so to come from behind like that and scored such a picture perfect KO was probably a lot for him. I don't expect a 24 year old guy like him, with less than ten fights and fighting on the prelims, to act like Lyoto when he KOed Munoz or Robbie when he KOed Lindland.

Back