The woman official frantically telling Diego Rivas to calm down after his win

Were there 1000 KO's where the victim was hurt, worthy of needing the victor to take a knee, or 1000 fights total? Should they take a knee after a decision win? Or did you just pull that number out of your ass altogether?

Dude you're too pissed off and emotionally invested in this argument to be rational. Take a break.
Ummm, I'm not pissed off or emotionally invested. It just mystifies me how a sport based around respect and honor could be so lacking in both.

I guess noone remembers the days when when a fighter would get on his knees until the other fighter got to his feet as a show of respect. But respect left mma a long time ago.

I personally can't stand guys going all crazy after a win like that. Didn't even walk back over and check on the dude for fucks sake. This isn't a streetfight. I found it to be pretty distasteful.
could you be more sensitive than that?

this is a fucking fight, and no one is gonna die inside the ufc from knockouts like that

Plus all that extra money from all the Rivas fight kits that get sold...
lLWmp.gif

I think she just wanted to touch him to be honest. You can see her glide her hands down Riva's back as he walks over to his corner's side then when he starts moving frenetically, she takes her hands off but still follows him around.

Or maybe she's just a recent hire by the MGM Grand and doesn't follow protocols correctly.

Most likely the case
We didnt see her during the main card

She prob got a good talking to

Just watched it.

She was trying to ruin his special night.

Here's the KO for everyone btw. Women in question is at the very end, but it doesn't show much. You guys really wouldn't celebrate that thunderous KO? Come on.

Also here's a video showing her more. Lol the thing is that even after this she's still all over him. Literally up until the point he leaves the cage, she was ushering him around. Weird.

annoying ass little bitch, indeed

That fucking sound when the knee hits.. Damn.

If his name was Chester & not
Diego, everyone would just be
happy for the underpaid underdog
pulling off a fantastic KO that was
likely nabbing him more bonus
money than actual win money.

I can't believe people are butthurt
Did everyone forget these people
are paid nothing & often come from
nothing? Have people forgotten the
glory that is a flying knee KO?

Outraged about some dude
celebrating a big win....Where was
the outrage when Conor was
flashing money signs after KO'ing
poirier? Did he check on him after?
or what about when Henderson
pummeled the back of shoguns head
& goes running around the cage like
a synthetic test. filled ape?

You people are some fickle bitches.

Toyed with? Didn't seem to take much damage, and he came into the 2nd with plenty of spring in his step ;)
Not to mention that was a world champion grappler he was dealing with, who already shut down other great grapplers in the UFC.

What I meant was that the UFC is usually very reluctant to let go the first successful fighter from a new nation, especially when they produce highlight reels. When did you last see a Chilean in the octagon?
So your assessment that he's likely to be gone soon because he only survived against such a competent grappler made your post clueless.
I wish I could like this post more.

Thats her job and he was going overboard...at one point he looked liked he was gonna stomp on the guys head.
That guy needs to chill fight is over and no your not the king of the world.
"Looked like he was about to stomp
on the guys head?" Get on with that
fox news language

Robbie lawler was closer to voelker
unconscious body when he ko'd him.
He didn't look very friendly or
interested in his opponents health either..

The dude has probably never seen
50000 dollars. I don't know if you
ever just knocked someone out who
isn't a world class fighter... but even
then you feel on top of the world...

"Looked like he was about to stomp
on the guys head?" Get on with that
fox news language

Robbie lawler was closer to voelker
unconscious body when he ko'd him.
He didn't look very friendly or
interested in his opponents health either..

The dude has probably never seen
50000 dollars. I don't know if you
ever just knocked someone out who
isn't a world class fighter... but even
then you feel on top of the world...

I read this as a poem.

Two things, the initial part of his celebration was too near the unconscious opponent the doctors were trying to help. We've all seen over zealous celebrations turn clumsy and fighters fall after a back flip or pull a coach over the cage etc. So you need to move them away from the guy in possible danger.

Second, they don't know how serious the guy is hurt. If it should turn out he is in a coma and dies later that night, the last thing UFC PR needs is all the news channels replaying a clip of a fighter having a celebration over the man he ostensibly killed.

Last edited:
Has either fighter themselves commentated anything after the fight?

I think there was another reason, as the ref himself was calling out diego from and reaching to pull him from 0:55 in this vid for about 20 seconds. then he gives up, and she doesnt.
Does someone here really know the what precedure is being applied here cause everyone seems to be talking out his ass in these threads.

She wasn't the only one keeping an eye on him and trying to calm him down, just the only one making a production out of it. He was (understandably) really fired up and even I wondered if he wasn't about to go back at his finished opponent for a second.

She was trying way too hard. Definitely new employee.

Acted about as stupid as that guy that kept shadowing Conor during buffers introductions for the Aldo fight. He acting like Conor was going to rush across the cage and attack Aldo before the fight started, and he was going to be able to do something about it.

I was hoping he would knock her the fuck out. Dumb bitch took her job to seriously.

Back