The WMMA GOAT likes her fries with ice cream

It's pretty misleading, Tobacco itself is a plant, it won't give you cancer. It's all the chemicals and bad stuff they put in the tobacco to make cigarettes that will kill you.

Red meat is not going to give you cancer either, unless you ingest too much of it. Eating badly sourced processed red meat several times a day is going to be bad for you, sure. But a steak twice a week will be healthy.
Tobacco is carcinogenic in itself. "There is no safe form of tobacco." https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/tobacco-and-cancer/is-any-type-of-smoking-safe.html

How bout the National Cancer Institute? https://progressreport.cancer.gov/prevention/red_meat

It's not entirely clear exactly what produces the increased risk of bowel and/or brain cancer but they are looking into it.
"more research is needed to understand how red meat and processed meats influence cancer risk. The increased risk may be explained by the iron and fat content in red meat, and/or the salt and nitrates/nitrites in processed meat. Additionally, when meat is cooked at high temperatures, substances are formed that may cause cancer."
I also usually imagine overconsumption is the problem but according to some - it's not like you're entirely safe as long as you stay below a certain limit.
" the risk of developing bowel cancer goes up 1.18 times for every 50 grams of processed meat eaten per day"
https://www.cancercouncil.com.au/1i...nd-cancer/red-meat-processed-meat-and-cancer/

It's just really difficult to prove causation. The tobacco industry for years relied on the fact that there wasn't definitive causal proof. It's the same with red meat. Obviously moderation is key here, it's not on the same level of toxicity as tobacco.

How bout the National Cancer Institute? https://progressreport.cancer.gov/prevention/red_meat

It's not entirely clear exactly what produces the increased risk of bowel and/or brain cancer but they are looking into it.
"more research is needed to understand how red meat and processed meats influence cancer risk. The increased risk may be explained by the iron and fat content in red meat, and/or the salt and nitrates/nitrites in processed meat. Additionally, when meat is cooked at high temperatures, substances are formed that may cause cancer."
I also usually imagine overconsumption is the problem but according to some - it's not like you're entirely safe as long as you stay below a certain limit.
" the risk of developing bowel cancer goes up 1.18 times for every 50 grams of processed meat eaten per day"
https://www.cancercouncil.com.au/1i...nd-cancer/red-meat-processed-meat-and-cancer/
That's ..also misleading.

To a large extent - inhaling smoke from anything is dangerous. Carbon monoxide being one of the culprits.
With burning tobacco, tar is also a main concern.

Tar is the name for the resinous, partially combusted particulate matter made by the burning of tobacco and other plant material in the act of smoking.

You don't necessarily need to add stuff in a lab to make tobacco dangerous - if you burn it, you get tar.

Define what you call 'processed' meat, a pack of $3 Wal Mart chicken nuggets are processed meat, but so are organic beef ribs at your local butcher, yet the more disgusting thing you could ingest is the cheap pack of processed chicken nuggets that is loaded with trans fat and sugar, on top of not knowing what kind of meat is in there. I know which I one of those two I would rather eat.

Define what you call 'processed' meat, a pack of $3 Wal Mart chicken nuggets are processed meat, but so are organic beef ribs at your local butcher, yet the more disgusting thing you could ingest is the cheap pack of processed chicken nuggets that is loaded with trans fat and sugar, on top of not knowing what kind of meat is in there. I know which I one of those two I would rather eat.
"Processed meat refers to meat that has been transformed through salting, curing, fermentation, smoking, or other processes to enhance flavour or improve preservation. Most processed meats contain pork or beef, but processed meats may also contain other red meats, poultry, offal, or meat by-products such as blood.
Examples of processed meat include hot dogs (frankfurters), ham, sausages, corned beef, and biltong or beef jerky as well as canned meat and meat-based preparations and sauces."
https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-d...he-consumption-of-red-meat-and-processed-meat

Nothing wrong with having some fun with bad food even as a fighter.
The issue arises if you eat bad 4 or 5 times per week. Occasional "F it!!" meal : nothing wrong with it.

Valentina is probably one of the most dedicated and serious fighters out there. Good to see her relax and enjoying herself.

I always cringe when I see professional fighters destroying their body with sugar. I mean, your body is your everything, you have to take care of it meticulously and you're poisoning yourself with sugar? My liver hurts just from seeing this.

Is this an ad for one of those vegetable juicers?

I always cringe when I see professional fighters destroying their body with sugar. I mean, your body is your everything, you have to take care of it meticulously and you're poisoning yourself with sugar? My liver hurts just from seeing this.
how is sugar a poison? you already got sugar in your body, dumbass

It's not my definition, it's the cancer institute's.
Processed meat refers to meat that has been transformed through salting, curing, fermentation, smoking, or other processes to enhance flavour or improve preservation. This includes hot dogs, ham, jerky and corned beef, as well as canned meat and meat-based preparations and sauces.

Raw ribs are obviously not processed - where did you get that from?

I’m sure they cringe thinking about forum posters that pretend to know more about their bodies than they do. She’s a world champion with an incredible physique. She can eat fries and ice cream if she wants to. Your body sounds feeble.

{<BJPeen}

It's not my definition, it's the cancer institute's.
Processed meat refers to meat that has been transformed through salting, curing, fermentation, smoking, or other processes to enhance flavour or improve preservation. This includes hot dogs, ham, jerky and corned beef, as well as canned meat and meat-based preparations and sauces.

Raw ribs are obviously not processed - where did you get that from?

I am sorry I guess I mixed up processed food and processed meat

If eating is the high point of your life...
It doesn't have to be the high point to be something enjoyable. Like, even if you are in awesome shape can you really say you don't enjoy some french fries and (but not necessarily with unless that's you) ice cream sometimes?

The idea that top level athletes can never indulge in some junk food is ludicrous when you consider the training regimen you need to become a top level athlete.

You know there are weight classes for a reason?
Besides Valentina won the second fight. Got robbed, because of champions preferential treatment.

Nunes is the clearcut wmma GOAT and it isn't close. Wins over Ronda, Cyborg, Valentina 2x, Holm, Tate, GDR 2x. No one else has a resume like that and there is no one at women's flyweight that Valentina could beat to catch up. Even if she went back to 135 she couldn't catch up.

Is she at a checkers? I don't care if she is an expert in firearms and unarmed combat, that can't possibly be safe.

There are neighborhoods in the mountainous reigions of Afghanistan nicer than where they build the average checkers.

Back