Television THE WITCHER TV Series (Season 3 Premieres June 29, 2023)

If you have seen THE WITCHER season one, how would you rate the first season?

• Total voters
YongYea, a quality gaming-related YouTube journalist, did a full-breakdown of the situation.

Hemsworth actually looks more similar to what Geralt should look like, But Henery was amazing in the role. He pursued the role, which surprised many since he was already an established star. I think It just takes too much time to make the show, as he has to commit like 8 months to shoot. In addition to picking Superman back up, there have been tons of rumors that he is a front-runner to take over the Bond franchise.

Yeah I bet Cavill dropped out mainly because of scheduling conflicts and bigger offers, like the Bond role or more Superman stuff. I also think, as others stated, that he wasn't happy with the direction the writers took with the show. Season 1 was ok, but they already butchered a lot of source material. Season 2 was barely watchable. Just bad.

I don't like it but I think to many people are shitting on it without giving it a chance. Spartacus recasted because the guy died and while the other guy never got the size the other dude had it was still a good show.

Not bad choices.

The problem is Mads is very in-demand in Hollywood and probably have not entertained doing a series with a pay-cut. And he's 58.

Same with Viggo, but how many sword-weilding roles has he taken in his career? He's also 64 so the age difference between him and the Yennefer actress would have been quite odd.

Also, could they have developed the physicality to actually do the role at this point in their lives? And would it have taken them a year or more?
Tbh i don't even need to be them to play Geralt, these are simply examples of the type of rugged look/vibe that imho they should have gone for to nail Geralt as character, i'm sure they could have found lot of other actors

Just to make up bunch of random pickings, Benjen guy was much more Geralt than Cavill ever been
3e0e125e29bbbf65be2cba09cd5a89f1c1685e4a.gifv

Black Sails guy could have been was much more Geralt than Cavill ever been(and had bit slavic look too)
AvYu.gif

this other guy from that Wheel of Time shitshow was also much more Geralt than Cavill ever been
FCATyJiXMAE_Hw-.png

But tbh i don't believe that the problem ever was find an actor that can nail the char, but that they gave no fucks about nail the char at all lol

Wich make sense when we consider that Witcher as a whole got casting that has been all about marketing gimmicks with zero fucks given, and actually Cavill being one of the best

Cavill was already in Superman shape, had 10/10 screen presence and acting credentials, and had the passion for the role because of his nerd-love of the games & books.... AND was willing to take the pay cut and who else in Hollywood is willing to do that for a multi-year series that filming takes months for each season?

THAT'S why I say he was the perfect casting.

Thing is you say "superman shape" as if is a positive thing to play the role, but reality is the gym chad look is what pushed Cavill away to incarnate Geralt properly
That look belong to the strong built douche knight that swear to his lord to slay the dragon and end up quickly killed, forcing the local noble to reluctantly hire Geralt to get the job done, even if he find him weird and sinister
Geralt's figure is supposed to contrast with them

Then yes, if we speak silly marketing wise, Cavill was a big name and could give the show some trendy superhero genre look, plus as you said netflix cunts took advantage of his good faith, grabbed the low price big name performance offer and rewarded him with trashy netflix product

Was a super smart casting for sure, never debated that

Tbh i don't even need to be them to play Geralt, these are simply examples of the type of rugged look/vibe that imho they should have gone for to nail Geralt as character, i'm sure they could have found lot of other actors

Just to make up bunch of random pickings, Benjen guy was much more Geralt than Cavill ever been

Black Sails guy could have been was much more Geralt than Cavill ever been(and had bit slavic look too)
AvYu.gif

this other guy from that Wheel of Time shitshow was also much more Geralt than Cavill ever been
FCATyJiXMAE_Hw-.png

But tbh i don't believe that the problem ever was find an actor that can nail the char, but that they gave no fucks about nail the char at all lol

Wich make sense when we consider that Witcher as a whole got casting that has been all about marketing gimmicks with zero fucks given, and actually Cavill being one of the best

Thing is you say "superman shape" as if is a positive thing to play the role, but reality is the gym chad look is what pushed Cavill away to incarnate Geralt properly
That look belong to the strong built douche knight that swear to his lord to slay the dragon and end up quickly killed, forcing the local noble to reluctantly hire Geralt to get the job done, even if he find him weird and sinister

Then yes, if we speak silly marketing wise, Cavill was a big name and could give the show some trendy superhero genre look, plus as you said netflix cunts took advantage of his good faith, grabbed the low price big name performance offer and rewarded him with trashy netflix product

I’d get down on Zach McGowan for sure. He’s got a great voice too.

this is a shitshow disgrace and Netflix should be ashamed of themselves

should’ve fired that trash showrunner & every single twat writer and did whatever Henry asked to make sure he stayed.

At what point do these production companies get the message that it's really fucking stupid to keep hiring people who either don't understand the source material or, in this case, have absolute contempt for it to adapt these IPs horribly and then shit all over the fans who hate all of the unnecessary changes?

Netflix lost one of the highest profile actors in Hollywood for this genre over the stupidity of the writers room that they hired.

This stuff is just mind-boggling.

The entire industry has been fucking up established franchises left and right for the past several years, and they keep doubling down on it.
This sets a bad precedent for netflix, actors run in a small circle who talk to each other . they will have trouble getting and keeping big stars if they see guys like cavill leaving due to the politics and shit decisions

AvYu.gif

FCATyJiXMAE_Hw-.png

Tbf cavill was still very good as geralt

Cavill may not have been the 1st choice for the majority but you have to applaud his love for the series that he pursued this even though he has the star power to ignore it. At the very least his Geralt had an imposing physical stature.

I hope this final season is good. I enjoyed the first two even if it did have its flaws.

Hopefully Geralt wont become a guest star in his own show like they do lately in most show with male leads.

So how is it, anyone had a look yet? Would appreciate non-spoiler review of the first episode of S3, or first few

For some reason am not very excited for this season, maybe bcs it's Cavill's exit

So how is it, anyone had a look yet? Would appreciate non-spoiler review of the first episode of S3, or first few

For some reason am not very excited for this season, maybe bcs it's Cavill's exit

Same feeling I have. I'll watch it but I don't have shit to watch right now anyways. I saw a random headline this morning that didn't sound good but who knows.

Just first ep for most part but man... this is what you call choreography ! Fights are really entertaining to watch and tight, few noticable gaps.
And you get a feeling quite quickly this is gonna tank after Cavil leaves... he makes the show

Last edited:
Overall I was pleased with the first ep, the trailers had given me a very meh feeling for the season. Parts of the show are super clunky and feel very forced, overall though it’s a decent watch.

The more the story "progresses" the more it feels stretched/empty. Still 2 eps to go but while the show starts somewhat interesting , every episode there is considerably less focus on Geralt and lots of elven politics nonsense or Dijkstra, Yennifer...., that doesnt move story anywhere or various events that also feel like buffer. And Ciri is more brattish by every ep.

I can't remember another series that dropped so catastrophically in quality from the previous season. Season 1 and 2 were good but what's showing now is like watching an episode of Xena the warrior princess. I totally understand Cavill leaving this cheap amateur TV series.

And finally, couldn't they have chosen another person to play Ciri? She literally looks like a bitch whose uncharismatic face makes you want to put a bag over it.

What a load of crap. Go to hell Netflix.

I can't remember another series that dropped so catastrophically in quality from the previous season. Season 1 and 2 were good but what's showing now is like watching an episode of Xena the warrior princess. I totally understand Cavill leaving this cheap amateur TV series.

And finally, couldn't they have chosen another person to play Ciri? She literally looks like a bitch whose uncharismatic face makes you want to put a bag over it.

What a load of crap. Go to hell Netflix.

Honestly with Cavill leaving I've lost all desire to even watch this. I always planned on watching it but now I just don't care.

Back