Television THE WITCHER TV Series (Season 3 Premieres June 29, 2023)

If you have seen THE WITCHER season one, how would you rate the first season?

• Total voters
They can kinda use whatever monsters they want really. The series pulls out vampires, werewolves, griffins, dragons, weird ass tree demons, sirens. One of the most awesome contracts is for a huge beast thing with a third eye that hypnotizes you when it opens. Another huge quest ends with a baby monster made up of aborted fetuses, some real terrifying medieval shit. There's a lot of options.

As far as Geralt is concerned, he'll get involved in a lot of political drama by accident. Killing's like breathing to a witchman and powerful people are always hiring him to do odd jobs that end up with national stakes tied in. It would be really easy to frame each episode around a specific hunt and have an overall political plot running in the background Geralt isn't particularly concerned about.

Basically they're going to have to work hard to fuck this up because their source material is gold.

In the books is there like a conclusion? Like does he get involved in some contract that pits countries against each other and he fights for a side and there's an end?

I just started Blood and Wine , Hearts of Stone!

That hiring decision really killed the hype for me. I can't help but feel like they will run with heavy handed political bullshit and mess with the characters.

Ciri
ciri_2.jpg

Jessica-de-Gouw-Bio-Smartasses-Magazine-005.png
I take back this one

Barbara Palvin was the perfect Ciri, she's even east european (hungarian) and she looks younger
giphy.gif

In the books is there like a conclusion? Like does he get involved in some contract that pits countries against each other and he fights for a side and there's an end?

No, in the books they have a sort of open ended, ambiguous ending where Yen and Geralt both die. There's a quest actually in Witcher 3 (I just saw it the other day so it's fresh) where a seer asks Geralt about Ciri and he responds with a memory of himself dying, being stabbed by a pitchfork. Both him and Yen are taken by Ciri to an Avalon-like place where she lays them to rest underneath a tree. For most people that read the book series we're to assume they were laid to rest peacefully there and went into the afterlife, but the Witcher game series basically starts from this point. There's a lot of ambiguity to go around for both the game series and the books but it's safe to say that the specifics are intentionally not specific so they don't have to hammer things down like that.

So the answer is yes there's a conclusion in the books, if a little unclear, and certainly nothing some deus ex machina can't fix.

*COUGH DC *COUGH

How are you.

No, in the books they have a sort of open ended, ambiguous ending where Yen and Geralt both die. There's a quest actually in Witcher 3 (I just saw it the other day so it's fresh) where a seer asks Geralt about Ciri and he responds with a memory of himself dying, being stabbed by a pitchfork. Both him and Yen are taken by Ciri to an Avalon-like place where she lays them to rest underneath a tree. For most people that read the book series we're to assume they were laid to rest peacefully there and went into the afterlife, but the Witcher game series basically starts from this point. There's a lot of ambiguity to go around for both the game series and the books but it's safe to say that the specifics are intentionally not specific so they don't have to hammer things down like that.

So the answer is yes there's a conclusion in the books, if a little unclear, and certainly nothing some deus ex machina can't fix.

How are you.
Pretty good. Been a long day. Thanks for asking.

Update: October 10, 2018

Freya Allan and Anya Chalotra Will Star as Ciri and Yennefer in THE WITCHER TV Series

pQ22GC8.png

Netflix's The Witcher series has found its Yennefer and Ciri. Freya Allan (The War of the Worlds, Into The Badlands) and Anya Chalotra (The ABC Murders, Wanderlust) join Henry Cavill as Ciri and Yennefer, respectively, in the upcoming fantasy series based on the series of novels by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. The books previously inspired a bestselling video game franchise by Warsaw-based game studio CD Projekt Red.

Ciri is the young princess of Cintra, one of the kingdoms at the center of the plot. Yennefer, meanwhile, is a sorceress and Geralt of Rivia's (Cavill) main love interest. She is also a mother figure to Ciri.

Rounding out the rest of the cast are Jodhi May (Game of Thrones, Genius) as Queen Calanthe; Björn Hlynur Haraldsson (Fortitude) as her husband, the knight Eist; Adam Levy (Knightfall, Snatch) as the druid Mousesack; MyAnna Buring as the head of the magical academy at Aretuza, Tissaia; Mimi Ndiweni and Therica Wilson-Read as novice sorcerers; and Millie Brady as the outcast Princess Renfri.

Lauren Schmidt Hissrich, who previously served as producer on Netflix's Daredevil and The Defenders, will run the show and exec produce alongside House of Cards and Game of Thrones' Alik Sakharov.

Last month, Hissrich took a break from social media following backlash from an outspoken set of fans over a leaked casting notice calling for Black, Asian and minority ethnic actresses for the role of Ciri (the casting call was just one of many for the role as Hissrich explains she was casting a large net for potential actresses). She has since returned to the social media platform.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/witcher-netflix-show-casts-ciri-yennefer-roles-1150868

Seems a little young for Yennifer...teenage Ciri is fine though.

I know nothing about any of the new castings. That's kinda what I was hoping for as that's how Game of Thrones worked well. You basically knew Ned and not many other people.

I know nothing about any of the new castings. That's kinda what I was hoping for as that's how Game of Thrones worked well. You basically knew Ned and not many other people.
Ditto! I'm glad much of the cast are relatively unknown. I have high hopes for this show, but I'm trying to keep my expectations low.

I really like Cavill as Geralt though, his name and giant fanbase will help draw eyes, plus I love him as Supe. He's the only guy since Christopher Reeve that didn't rub me the wrong way.

Hopefully they do the roles well. Their acting credits seem a bit light on stuff I have seen. But that worked for several shows lately since they dont carry baggage from other roles into it.

Ditto! I'm glad much of the cast are relatively unknown. I have high hopes for this show, but I'm trying to keep my expectations low.

I really like Cavill as Geralt though, his name and giant fanbase will help draw eyes, plus I love him as Supe. He's the only guy since Christopher Reeve that didn't rub me the wrong way.

Don't get me wrong I don't think it'll be the next game of thrones but if it can be good then I'm all for some more fantasy. If it can be like a Vikings quality show with monster hunting and shit in it then I'll love it. Vikings was legit for 3 seasons and although it never got GOT level due to money/writing etc. the main character was awesome as Ragnar. Hoping for something like that although honestly I don't even know much about Cavill's ability. I saw the first superman he was in but I don't remember it.

I like him as Superman, i don't like him as Geralt

Back