Television THE WITCHER TV Series (Season 3 Premieres June 29, 2023)

If you have seen THE WITCHER season one, how would you rate the first season?

• Total voters
I can see it folding with plenty of time to spare for him to play young Robert Baratheon.

Now that's a role i can see him on

The real life perfect Robert Baratheon was Bud Spencer LOL

Athletic af as young, huge and heavy with big belly when older
091.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Lo-chiamavano-Trinit%C3%A0-Bud-Spencer-Terence-Hill.jpg

He'd be perfect as O'Dimm. I love that character, legit gave me chills. Was O'Dimm in the books?

btw, I'm glad Mads didn't get the role. Cavill is a great choice and will bring lot's of eyeballs to the series. He's far more versatile than most know, and he can handle the physicality. His being a huge fan of the books and games seals the deal.

Eva for Yen plz
eva-green-boobs-23-all-people-photo-u1

Eva for Yen plz

She's 38 now, and she'll probably be 40 by the time the 1st season is filmed.

I'm sure there's several European actresses in their 20s who'd be a better fit for the character for multiple seasons.

She's 38 now, and she'll probably be 40 by the time the 1st season is filmed.

I'm sure there's several European actresses in their 20s who'd be a better fit for the character for multiple seasons.
You shut your damn mouth!

:D

They will probably fuck it up but I’ll be watching, the Witcher series was amazing and Witcher 3 is my favorite game of the last decade
Oh dear.

There's a post going around that says casting for Ciri will only be entertained by females of Black, Asian, or minority/ethnic background. I really hope this is a troll job. I have big hopes for Lauren Hissrich as showrunner. I loved Daredevil season 1, I liked what she's been saying so far, and I like her casting Cavill as Geralt. If it's true, this is going to cause such a shitstorm. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt though!

http://www.nyt.org.uk/my-account/opportunities/film-theatre-and-tv-industry-castings

"The Witcher [Confidential]
THE WITCHER for Netflix
Overall shoot dates: 18th October 2018 - end May 2019

CIRI
LEAD ROLE. OPTIONS REQUIRED
Cirilla. The Lion Cub of Cintra

Looking for a 16 or 15 year old BAME girl who can play down to 13/14. Must not be older than 18 years old.

Resilient, Relentless, Brazen, Growing."

When they called him in he should’ve immediately said “let’s talk about my reward first”

I am really looking forward to this. I love fantasy, and the Witcher has the potential to be a great dark, gritty fantasy series. Fantasy is pretty hard to do though. Could be great like LOTR. Or they could make an embarrassing shitshow of it like Shanarra.

They should try to cast some Polish people instead of worrying about being diverse racially. Then again, sjw stuff aside, it's smart to be diverse racially because then the show will appeal to more people. But still, get some Polish people in there for fucks sake. I wish they'd think "Polish" instead of "white" as polish people are defined by more than just whiteness.

Well I was interested until they went full Netflix like people knew they would and race bent Ciri

Black Asian Minority Ethnic

Anything but white(like Ciri).

The irony is when CD Projekt did the game series everyone in that usual media branch bitched to no end at the "lack of diversity"

They used to reply main setting is supposed to be a fantasy medieval central europe, so stop asking this pls

They still won everything a game can win, without concede anything to sjw bullshit while at it

If you dont think this tweet is an awesome way to announce youre playing Geralt, then punch your own mouth as hard as you can.

Apparently Cavill is a huge gamer. Im sold.

Honestly, that's probably a word for word post I'd do if that happened to me. Went and saw Misson Impossible today to support Cavill.

I'm more interested in who will play Triss and Yennefer.

Nothing will beat in game Triss. She's waifu material right up there with Liara T'soni.

I am really looking forward to this. I love fantasy, and the Witcher has the potential to be a great dark, gritty fantasy series. Fantasy is pretty hard to do though. Could be great like LOTR. Or they could make an embarrassing shitshow of it like Shanarra.

Yeah honestly i feel like fantasy has been done right two times. The lord of the rings trilogy and game of thrones. That's it. Everything else has been either mediocre or shit. (I havent seen excalibur or pans labyrinth). Lotr and Got are two of my favorite things I've ever watched though so i always have hope for fantasy.

Yeah honestly i feel like fantasy has been done right two times. The lord of the rings trilogy and game of thrones. That's it. Everything else has been either mediocre or shit. (I havent seen excalibur or pans labyrinth). Lotr and Got are two of my favorite things I've ever watched though so i always have hope for fantasy.
Pans Labyrinth was a great movie IMO. Definitely check it out.

I do wonder how they will combine the Witchers dark, gritty atmosphere with the very high fantasy stuff. GOT is gritty and has grey characters, but the fantasy part hasn't had a huge part until the last few seasons. And the last few seasons were the worst.

Pans Labyrinth was a great movie IMO. Definitely check it out.

I do wonder how they will combine the Witchers dark, gritty atmosphere with the very high fantasy stuff. GOT is gritty and has grey characters, but the fantasy part hasn't had a huge part until the last few seasons. And the last few seasons were the worst.

Thats why i said those two cuz they're supposed to be good and ill try em sometime. And yes GOT the fantasy elements haven't always been in the forefront but they are there every season if not every episode. Dragons, whitewalkers, the red bitch with her magic, the other dude who resurrects his friend, the mountain being brought back, the undead army, the many face thing, etc. She became the mother of dragons i believe at the end of season 1 so it's always been there.

I havent read the witcher books tho and only know witchers fight monsters. I dont know what kinds monsters or how he fights em though so idk how itll look or how mainstream it'll be. LOTR was heavy in fantasy elements though and that was huge.

Thats why i said those two cuz they're supposed to be good and ill try em sometime. And yes GOT the fantasy elements haven't always been in the forefront but they are there every season if not every episode. Dragons, whitewalkers, the red bitch with her magic, the other dude who resurrects his friend, the mountain being brought back, the undead army, the many face thing, etc. She became the mother of dragons i believe at the end of season 1 so it's always been there.

I havent read the witcher books tho and only know witchers fight monsters. I dont know what kinds monsters or how he fights em though so idk how itll look or how mainstream it'll be. LOTR was heavy in fantasy elements though and that was huge.

They can kinda use whatever monsters they want really. The series pulls out vampires, werewolves, griffins, dragons, weird ass tree demons, sirens. One of the most awesome contracts is for a huge beast thing with a third eye that hypnotizes you when it opens. Another huge quest ends with a baby monster made up of aborted fetuses, some real terrifying medieval shit. There's a lot of options.

As far as Geralt is concerned, he'll get involved in a lot of political drama by accident. Killing's like breathing to a witchman and powerful people are always hiring him to do odd jobs that end up with national stakes tied in. It would be really easy to frame each episode around a specific hunt and have an overall political plot running in the background Geralt isn't particularly concerned about.

Basically they're going to have to work hard to fuck this up because their source material is gold.

Back