The Wit and Wisdom of Chaosandpain

Good article, I reckon i've got alot ecto traits like tiny wrists/hands but still hasn't stopped me from adding a good deal of mass, just got man up and do more reps with the fork and have a good training routine.

I do however feel sorry for those 2 in 1000 that are pure ecto that must suck

Is it me or do most of his articles read like a motivation h4rdcoore blog filled with profanity and psuedo-relevant images?

I have no problem with a hardcore attitude, but some of his viewpoints appear dogmatic and extreme to the point where it is spreading misinformation about training such as his "Overtraining is complete bull****" stance where significant amounts of anecdotal evidence says otherwise. And I do have a problem with intentionally spreading misinformation.

So what? Are you implying that people who train just as hard as he does(ie almost every single person who has a training journal online) simply don't eat enough and that is why he gets better results?

lulz

His routine claims to be high volume of 5 days a week, but if you look at it closely, its another normal variation. Squat heavy, bench heavy, pull heavy on monday, abs and light clean and press tues, light squat, heavy press/pull wednesday, calves and abs thurs, heavy squat, heavy press/pull friday. The only difference is the rep scheme of 15-30 reps of singles, doubles, and triples with less than a minute rest.

Somatyping isnt total BS but you can't let it keep you from training. Im pretty small boned, and used to have trouble gaining weight. What I did was ignore the fact I had girl wrists, start eating a lot of calorie and protein dense foods and kept putting more weight on the bar. It changed my metabolism and you can't really tell I was born with a girls body anymore.

I was a Stu McRobert hardgainer for years, then met the S&P and went from 13.5 stone to 16.5 stone by training for strength and eating more

Still use some things he talked about, like micro loading

Last edited:
Whether its bs or not, too many people think this way and give up because they're ecto or endomorphs and that means they can never get the body they want. Excuses are still excuses.

There are plenty of stories of hardgainers getting bigger and stronger. Same with overweight people losing weight and "looking better" and getting stronger. As always it comes down to willpower and if you really want it. If you want it but you want to eat and be lazy more, then guess which one you'll do.

Back