The Wit and Wisdom of Chaosandpain

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Searcher, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Searcher

Searcher Yellow Belt

2. Rascallion***

Rascallion*** Green Belt

I'm sure this is going to end well....

3. Denbob99

Denbob99 Orange Belt

I agree mostly, if you're not gaining weight, eat more. Kroc started at 118lb in high school.

4. Origins

Origins Blue Belt

Thank you for this, sir.

5. V5RED

V5RED Blue Belt

So what? Are you implying that people who train just as hard as he does(ie almost every single person who has a training journal online) simply don't eat enough and that is why he gets better results?

6. Searcher

Searcher Yellow Belt

I should say that Stuart McRobert methods or books aren't as bad as the guy makes them out to be. They are useful and have resulted in good progression for a lot of people. Also, this chaos and pain guy has some interesting ideas.

7. Searcher

Searcher Yellow Belt

Kroc does train harder than everyone else, didn't you read the T-nation article?

8. Cratos

Cratos Banned Banned

If your goal is to gain weight and you're training properly/consistently and you aren't gaining weight, then yes, the only answer is "eat more".

Kroc has achieved what he has achieved because of:

-Hard and dedicated training over a very long period of time.
    -Proper training protocols. (Aka training properly.)
    -Pharmaceuticals.

All the guy did was say the Kroc was 118 lbs in high school and then you make it seem like he compared a beginner lifter to Kroc. He wasn't implying anything and certainly not that Kroc gets better results because he eats more.

You really think the average lifter who keeps a log online trains as hard as Kroc?

No...

9. Denbob99

Denbob99 Orange Belt

I'm saying that most people who think they are "hardgainers" simply don't eat enough. If you're not putting on weight and you're training right, it's not because you're an ectomorph, its because you're not eating enough. It's possible you'll never be as big as Kroc, or as strong (genetics are a bitch), but you won't be skinny any more if you have the right nutrition to back up your lifting.

10. BrassBalls

BrassBalls Banned Banned

For all those that think they are hard gainers and bitch and moan about not being able to get bigger or stronger, if an obese person told you they can't lose weight do to their genetics, what would your response be?

After you are done pondering that, go eat a fucking sandwich.

11. Denbob99

Denbob99 Orange Belt

Perfect.

12. squatsquatsquat

squatsquatsquat Orange Belt

LOL yeah right. If everyone actually trained as hard as Kroc, then no one would have time to bitch about being too skinny to build muscle.

13. Perfect Moo

Perfect Moo Blue Belt

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  14. pliftkl

pliftkl Green Belt

I'm 6 feet tall and graduated high school at 115 pounds. I'm probably one of very few people to come out of Army OSUT 25 pounds heavier than I went in. I remained skinny (then skinny fat) until my mid-20's. Once I started lifting, it was a pretty steady march upwards, and I hover at about 225 now. When I went back to my 20 year high school reunion a few years ago, I was literally twice the weight I was when I graduated, and was still pretty lean. I think I'm the classic ectomorph, the cure for which is to lift heavy weights and to eat a lot of food.

15. Searcher

Searcher Yellow Belt

The point of the article was there is no classic ectomorph. Nobody is an ectomorph, meso, or endo. Everyone has a certain part of all three.

16. KILL KILL

KILL KILL Gold Belt

I've been saying this for years. I always said real hardgainers are that "1%". Turns out I was off by over 3%.

17. joshetc

joshetc butthole hurts from teh gay

I'm a hardgainer. It's hard for me to gain weight cause I'm a fucking pussy at eating a lot of food. I've gained like 10 pounds a year on average the last 3 years cause I fucking suck.

18. CoreCanyon

CoreCanyon Geez, lots of new people.

yeah, i'm 90ish pounds heavier than I was in high school...I've been upwards of 110lbs heavier.

I'm not a huge fan of the genetics excuse...or that you are predetermined to be a certain size/weight.

19. K1HerosNakamura

K1HerosNakamura Black Belt

if you don't believe in body types, you are a retard. But, if you hide behind your body type as an excuse for poor training results you are a totally different type of retard, much worse and much more of a pussy.

20. mmafreedom

mmafreedom Purple Belt

Wow this is very interesting. I enjoy that guys articles, no bullshit and he writes in a fun manner.