The Wire characters that look like MMA fighters

Frank+Sobotka.jpg
VLADIMIR-MATYUSHENKO.jpg

damn you, Marlo!

You fellas watch Mad Men? It's probably top three best shows on television, ever.

no, but i'm probably going to start watching it on Netflix this month. my girlfriend forced me to watch "Lost," which seemed like it had potential during the first season but kinda lost its way. "Mad Men" is up next. thanks for the recommendation, though.

that's number 3 lol Deadwood is number 4.

why, what do you think is better? you're not one of those.... contrarians, are you? what's better?

Hard to call any one show the best of them all. What I'm talking about it shows like The Wire and BB getting glorified not for being a well made/written/produced/directed or how one judges quality of a show, but for drug and violent content. Best of all time would be something like All in the Family or MASH.

Since you won't want it with All in the Family....my personal bias would have The West Wing at #1 though I'd have a slew of awards to back it up.

Hard to call any one show the best of them all. What I'm talking about it shows like The Wire and BB getting glorified not for being a well made/written/produced/directed or how one judges quality of a show, but for drug and violent content. Best of all time would be something like All in the Family or MASH.

Since you won't want it with All in the Family....my personal bias would have The West Wing at #1 though I'd have a slew of awards to back it up.

if anything, the drug content and real perspective of the "urban environment" prevented the wire from getting a slew of awards. Hollywood can't handle such realities. I've never seen "The West Wing" so I won't dismiss it.

Breaking Bad definitely had its moments in which it glorified the drug game, but it also had the inevitable consequences on not only the perpetrators but their families too.

The Wire was just straight-up real. They build 5 cases, and not one of them is wrapped up smoothly. The police don't exactly go 0-5, but it's never just a smooth typical ending. Politics always corrupt.

but like I said, I can't dismiss "The West Wing" until I've seen it. you've seen both, so you're more of an expert than I am. but I definitely think The Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, and Deadwood (and The Ultimate Fighter) are the absolute elite of TV shows. i'll give The West Wing a shot after I catch up with "Mad Men."

if anything, the drug content and real perspective of the "urban environment" prevented the wire from getting a slew of awards. Hollywood can't handle such realities. I've never seen "The West Wing" so I won't dismiss it.

Breaking Bad definitely had its moments in which it glorified the drug game, but it also had the inevitable consequences on not only the perpetrators but their families too.

The Wire was just straight-up real. They build 5 cases, and not one of them is wrapped up smoothly. The police don't exactly go 0-5, but it's never just a smooth typical ending. Politics always corrupt.

but like I said, I can't dismiss "The West Wing" until I've seen it. you've seen both, so you're more of an expert than I am. but I definitely think The Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, and Deadwood (and The Ultimate Fighter) are the absolute elite of TV shows. i'll give The West Wing a shot after I catch up with "Mad Men."

That's a basic explanation of the plots, but doesn't speak about anything else about them as shows. As I already pointed out, it's more than content alone and I haven't a clue what you are assessing these shows on.

Again if we are going just on personal opinion, it's like judging p4p lists. Everybody has their own and mine is the only correct one :icon_chee I would never knock anyone for their list of personal favs.....that's a lie, if your fav show is some trashy reality shit I'm going to judge you.

One of the greatest scenes in TV history is the "Fuck!" scene, which I believe was in S1 of The Wire

any love for House of Cards?

The Wire was such a good, raw show. Simplistic, but real. Graphic, but not purposely gore. Very slow paced, but with a purpose. Those abandoned houses used as morgues. And they had their Morgan Freeman as well.

Back