The Wire characters that look like MMA fighters

Idris Elba looks a lot like Jon Jones imo. For comparison:

Avon-wood-harris.jpg

phil-davis-ufc-dark-horse-2014.jpg

Idris Elba was Stringer Bell, you posted Wood Harris who played Avon Barksdale.

herb dean, cutty wise and also t-wood.... or is this racist? bodie and renan barao.... ok I'll stop.

Never seen The Wire

you should definitely watch it. it's arguably the best show ever (number 2, in my book). it's not like traditional "cop shows." from the cops' POV, it's all about the investigation; I think that out of 5 seasons, maybe just one cop gets in a shootout. it also thoroughly covers the stories of the streets: the drug dealers and their whole hierarchy, the fiends, the homeless, professional robbers, etc.

each season shows the special police unit slowly building an investigation. every season features the drug game, but season 2 covers corruption down at the port and season 5 covers the journalists too. season 4 is the best because it's a great look at the Baltimore educational system.

Number 1 better be good. Breaking Bad? Sopranos?

Sopranos.... it almost seems cool to hate it at this point, in some sorta hipster douchbag way, but I love that show. the first season was a little hacky, but I think it just got better and better. the last season is my favorite.

a lot of people just watch it for the "hits" and don't appreciate the characters. for me, the very best scenes are between Tony and Janice. he knows she's a sociopath and never (not once) cuts her any slack... not even after her husband dies.

the wire is up there for me with the shield... the wire was more complex, intelligent and had this sociocritical approach which i liked and a damn good cast. but the shield concentrated on a smaller group of people that were perfectly cast aswell and b/c it was not so much "documentary"-style you sympathized little more with the characters... and the final episodes of season 5 in 'the shield' is BEST TELEVISION EVER.

yes i watched sopranos, breaking bad, twin peaks, lost, battlestar galactica or whatever other acclaimed tv show is mentioned in those rankings... but for me the wire and the shield = GOAT.

Let me guess you have the even worse Breaking Bad as your #1 right :rolleyes:

The Wire was good, but way too overrated.

that's number 3 lol Deadwood is number 4.

why, what do you think is better? you're not one of those.... contrarians, are you? what's better?

that's number 3 lol Deadwood is number 4.

why, what do you think is better? you're not one of those.... contrarians, are you? what's better?

You fellas watch Mad Men? It's probably top three best shows on television, ever.

Let me guess you have the even worse Breaking Bad as your #1 right :rolleyes:

The Wire was good, but way too overrated.

The Wire makes the rest of TV look bad, only Breaking bad comes anywhere close.

What would you say's is the best if you think the Wire is overatted?

I find people with short attention spans struggle with the Wire.

p184796_n153811_cc_v3_aa.jpg

bobby-green-2.jpg

? I dont know, all black people looks a like to me

Frank+Sobotka.jpg

matyushenko450.jpg

Back