The whole Jones won't sign the contract situation was orchestrated.

Jones got hat he wanted and trolled people with videos and statements expertly. I'm impressed. ~70% :D

Kinda, it was all orchestrated but by Jones or his management, Jones knew the rematch was huge, he knew the UFC wanted the rematch bad and with his contract coming to an end at the perfect time, all the cards were in his favor, he played it perfectly.

He played the dumb fans and he played the UFC.

Be assured Jones is getting paid big time for this fight.

Is this your own theory? I can believe it, but it seems too much, and if it's true. Jones should be an actor after getting his belt taken away by gustafsson

No it wasn't. Jones has proven time and time again he will not bow down to the UFC. He wouldn't take an easy fight with Sonnen because he wanted to do it his way, and it was the same with the rematch.

Jones, Gus, DC, Dana, and the UFC are all on the same page. I was already looking forward to Jones VS Gus II. But this entire situation had everyone talking and generated more interest for this fight and the LHW division as a whole. We already know that haters pay the most, look at Floyd Mayweather. I think the UFC/Jones are trying to tap into this. The LHW division is becoming thee most popular division again.

Then it was just as orchestrated as Jones saying Rashad ruined his special night to everyone, live. And him asking Dana to get Chael to lay off him with the insults. Sure.

No. It was about Jones gonna Jones. He has feelings, and the play-along-as-a-heel routine he's been doing with these clips he's uploading for his haters is what's orchestrated. He's gotten to. Anyway, I can almost guarantee you he's going to make more money going into this fight now than he was beforehand. So good for him.

people are so jaded they think everything is fake

you guys are SO smart,way smarter than the UFC,boy oh boy

lol at the jones fans taking his excuses as gospel. If jones was going to his brothers wedding why didnt he said it in the first place. the guy have a laundry list of excuses and his fans are on damage control.

No it wasn't.

I bet you also think the UFC told Wandy and Sonnen to fake fight.

you're looking far too much into it. Jones did this, because he wanted to attend his brothers wedding. The UFC/Dana/Gus had nothing to do with it.

Can't tell if sarcastic. I think it's very unlikely that either was anything but stage managed.

We all know it was, I mean he knew Gus was next no matter what. It was a genius move that netted him a heck of a lot mor money, Bones getting money.

Can't tell if sarcastic. I think it's very unlikely that either was anything but stage managed.

I wouldn't be surprised if this contract fiasco was orchestrated to garner publicity for the rematch, but I'm not sold on the theory.

That being said, I am almost thoroughly convinced Wand v Sonnen was a work. Just look at the punch Wand throws that Sonnen ducks under. Horrible.

I wouldn't be surprised if this contract fiasco was orchestrated to garner publicity for the rematch, but I'm not sold on the theory.

That being said, I am almost thoroughly convinced Wand v Sonnen was a work. Just look at the punch Wand throws that Sonnen ducks under. Horrible.

sounds more like damage control on jones fans part.

There was already HUGE interest in the Gus rematch. And if anything, LHW division just got exposed for it's lack of contenders at this point.

You have Gus and DC. That's it.

I highly doubt it was organized. If it was there should have been more to it than just Dana saying he doesn't like it a couple of times and Gus calling Jones out on the web. It takes more than Jones just delaying a signing and making a short video where he makes himself look like a child to build anything up to where you can even begin to think about a Mayweather comparison.

TS has actual proof of this? Oh yeah, it's just another Sherdogger's baseless opinion.

Kinda, it was all orchestrated but by Jones or his management, Jones knew the rematch was huge, he knew the UFC wanted the rematch bad and with his contract coming to an end at the perfect time, all the cards were in his favor, he played it perfectly.

He played the dumb fans and he played the UFC.

Be assured Jones is getting paid big time for this fight.
You're way off base, JJ still has 5 fights left on his contract. So no he didn't 'play it perfectly' and you've completely misunderstood whats going on. JJ himself said there were no contract negotiations. Your attempt to rationalize JJ's bizarre behaviour is based on faulty info.

Dana put his foot down and JJ had no choice but to fight Gus. Thats the story in a nutshell.

You're way off base, JJ still has 5 fights left on his contract. So no he didn't 'play it perfectly' and you've completely misunderstood whats going on. JJ himself said there were no contract negotiations. Your attempt to rationalize JJ's bizarre behaviour is based on faulty info.

Dana put his foot down and JJ had no choice but to fight Gus. Thats the story in a nutshell.

Just watch the first minute of this video, realesed before UFC 173...

No contract negotiations my ass!

People believe in conspiracy theories waaay too much.

Back