The "What will Mongo do next?" Twitter account

Phisher

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I don't normally post in this section because I'm a lapsed wrestling fan, but I ran across this Twitter account dedicated to trashing Mongo McMichael's in ring work, and it's the funniest thing that I've seen in a while.

I can't believe that I didn't realize what a terrible worker he was before WCW made him a commentator.

Mongo was terrible. Benoit generally did all the heavy lifting, then Mongo would tag in for the finish. He was enthusiastic, and apparently a nice guy, but he was fucking awful. Kevin Greene at least looked like he had some clue, and he only did a couple of matches.

I still think he was easily the best 90s Horseman. He knew how to fire a crowd up, whether as a face or heel.

You got it all wrong. He was a commentator before he became a wrestler from September 1995 until April 1996.

LOL Not surprised that I fucked the chronology up.

I barely remember any of this shit after frying my brain partying during and after college.

I was so salty about WCW getting ruined in its final days that I never really bothered to revisit it until now.

LOL Not surprised that I fucked the chronology up.

I barely remember any of this shit after frying my brain partying during and after college.

I was so salty about WCW getting ruined in its final days that I never really bothered to revisit it until now.
I was like 12 to 13 at that time and trust me, it was very confusing to see this former football player who hadn't been active in a while sports wise aside from being in LT's corner for WrestleMania like a year or so before. I'm just lucky my time in the army didn't fry my memory, just other parts of my brain.

Anyone know why mongo left in 99? Contract up or did they fire him? Kinda odd because they had turned the NWO face and the horsemen heel. You would think they would have kept him around.

Anyone know why mongo left in 99? Contract up or did they fire him? Kinda odd because they had turned the NWO face and the horsemen heel. You would think they would have kept him around.
I think his contract was up and probably was worn down from all the bumps and he wasn't as prominent on the card. It probably wasn't as fun either.

Back