The way we have done "lockdowns" will not really put a dent in the final numbers from this virus.

Yeah ok.. I don't think I advocated for anything against what that guy said, even though he has said completely contradicted him self within the last 2-3 months, so agreeing with him at every point along the way would mean you somewhat disagree with him lol. He's a successful politician in the medical field, and the jobs he has been able to obtain means he has done well with his medical degree he obtained 45 years ago. Blind support (without any questioning) isn't the mark of somebody really thinking; but then again neither is "I disagree with him for no reason and because he's establishment" or whatever.

I'm sure it would have been a bad idea to include restrictions on the shopping centers that would 100% most likely to be the places where the virus spreads. We are destroying our economy for perhaps a 10% reduction in the final numbers. Maybe more? Maybe less.
What's an example of him completely contradicting himself?

The only change I've seen from our public health authorities is on the matter of wearing (non-medical) face masks, and the reason they recommended not doing that before was because of a concern for hate crimes, the public mistakenly leeching the supply of N95 masks, and with a false sense of security by those wearing the masks.

What's an example of him completely contradicting himself?

The only change I've seen from our public health authorities is on the matter of wearing (non-medical) face masks, and the reason they recommended not doing that before was because of a concern for hate crimes, the public mistakenly leeching the supply of N95 masks, and with a false sense of security by those wearing the masks.
Mostly just the masks and America not really being at risk. He has not lost credibility with me, or America, but it's ok to think about this stuff and question 80 year old's who have been in really high positions for a long time. They've been politicking for DECADES.

I edited the previous comment, btw.

Yes. We’ve all seen those flattened curve next to the non-flattened curve graphs. The area under both curves is still the same. The point was to prolong the pandemic, while keeping new cases from growing at an exponential rate, so that hospital resources wouldn’t be maxed out. The point was not to reduce total cases.

Nah. We the US is full of selfish people. Doesn't matter who is president.

I knew that before, but Trump makes it worse, he is so blatant about it you have to wonder if its deliberate.

It was always about slowing the rate of infection, not particularly lowering the final tally. "Flatten the curve" is a pretty popular saying. I do worry for all the businesses and people with big bills, not to mention the poor parents stuck at home with kids and each other. It does make you realize that our governments, and people in general, aren't ready for a pandemic, so hopefully there will be some plans in place when something with a 15% mortality rate and higher infectious capacity arises. Think of it as a practice plague.

I'm doing all the shopping for 2.5 households. No, the steps being taken at these stores are superficial at this point.

Well not sneezing on each other is very effective and little effort goes a long way.

I've seen reasonable precaution when I shop.

Back