The Way of Pain: JRT6's war training log

Me and Relson when he stopped in at our school to lunch with the owner. Relson is great, I really enjoyed his stories and his teaching:

rg207-22c1.jpg

This is a photo of my dog Candy that was taken a couple of days ago. As you can see she is quite sick and she died of cancer this morning. I will miss her.

IMG_0552.jpg

Well this fall is proving to interesting as I"m as strong now as I have been in a long time. I'm back to squating 405 for 8 sets of 3 with 60 seconds between sets, my ring pushups are the best they've been yet and my cardio is peaking fast. Lets see where this growth spurt takes me and hopefully I can maintain 98% of it when it's over. Which is a realistic goal because I'm not going to failure in most of my stuff so if I fall back to the exact point I'm at right now I would still be quite happy.

I should make blue belt either this Nov or early winter.

sorry to hear about your dog bro. you will always have the memories.

congrats withe progress in your training. keep up the hard work.

I got my fourth stripe for my white belt. I should start a thread about it in the grappling section. This shit is taking forever but I'm not what you called an "athlete".

My squat is up over 400 for some good reps a set. If all keeps going by the time I peter out I will have a nice video to post. I would really really like to get 10-12 reps but my back is the weakest link and I"m not going to cripple myself. Two years or so ago I let my squat go from 470lbs a set to well under 400lbs to try ATG and it's taken this long to get halfway back. I don't intend to go over 425 because of my training age and the simple fact that's all the weight I own.

I realize that not posting individual workouts isn't really what the training logs about but my workouts are mundane. Right now I'm doing side to side pushups on handles with two 50lb vests on. I may add a mini band but that is all the resistance my elbows can take. I've been doing a lot of unilateral leg work and have relegated squating to maintance levels and I haven't lost any strength. Pullups are totally out now as even one rep hurts my right elbow like hell. I've been doing side to side chinups with the rings and that is plenty of resistence. I've also started running once a week at a new park down the block from me. The small park is near a pathetic ski resort but it still makes for nice hilly trails and awesome view. I just run two laps at whatever pace I can manage (20-22mins) and enjoy the run. Hopefully I can keep this up, I ran it yesterday and running the big hill in the snow almost made me puke. Hopefully that required effort will ease up a bit even though I'm only doing it once a week.

I will get promoted to blue as soon as the next seminar.

I squated 325 for 15 reps off a 12in box today and it wasn't that hard. Maybe I'll go ahead and shoot for 365 for 15 this spring. I'll play with it and see how it goes. Six plates and a couple 25's for maintance would be nice.

I got two new labs yesterday from the APL They are two year old sisters that were used for breeding and then dumped. The yellow on is Honey and the brown one is Samantha.

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

Ran four out five days, 2 miles each, as fast as I could w/o having to dig.

Squat today:
325/20 miss by 5 (could have had it with major pausing)
305/12 x2

Stopped due to leg fatigue. I wll adjust running better to not effect my squat as much b/c I'm so close to my goal of 325/20 on demand and in rapid fashion.

I know you're not training for powerlifting these days, but why are you fixated on the two sets of twelve set/rep scheme?

I know you're not training for powerlifting these days, but why are you fixated on the two sets of twelve set/rep scheme?

I wasn't shooting for 12 that was just what I ended up doing. My squat days are pretty much one weight for 3-4 sets of as many reps as I can get. It's the first set that really matters but I also think that a conjegate of 325 for shit load of reps over 2-4 sets is just as well.

Back