The way of Conor McGreggor. The future is now. Amazing new HL!

That nonsense about him maintaining defensive responsibility is going to be exposed as bullshit when he gets chin checked with his hands low and chin up in the air. It might not be soon. He might even win the belt. Eventually, though, he's going to eat one and it's going to hurt.

Nice video, btw

I never thought I'd see the day I'd watch alley's I've passed out on show up in HL video's.

Thats cool you from Ireland!

We have Conor Irelend fans in this thread. Pretty cool!

How accurate would you say Conor's star status is in Ireland?

That nonsense about him maintaining defensive responsibility is going to be exposed as bullshit when he gets chin checked with his hands low and chin up in the air. It might not be soon. He might even win the belt. Eventually, though, he's going to eat one and it's going to hurt.

Nice video, btw

This just reads as:

"Oh yeah, when he losses he will lose, and EXPOSED herp a derp"

Keep hoping and dreaming buddy:)

Its also clear you dont know what youre talking about

Take his spinning kicks for example

When you spin you expose yourself

Look how many times a gassed out injuried Shogun took Jones back off of Jones' spinning.

BUT YET when Conor spins, he always does it at the right time, right place, maintains perfect blanace and returns to position to dedend instantly

THATS MAINTAINING defensive responsibility. You hardly if ever, ever see Conor get his back taken off a spin or countered off a spin..again Conor always maintains defensive responsibilty with everything he does...even when entering pocket or punching etc

I bet statistically Conor has to be one of the least hit fighters in MMA

Aside from a brilliant performance against Dustin, Conor DID display one minor flaw i saw against Dustin (Conor is human after all lol)

Conor threw a left straight to the body while over extended and left himself open momentarily

Conor will patch that up.

Conors star is rising here in ireland to the point where non mma fans recognise him. the sport still isnt given a lot of press but its defo growing.

hes a talented fighter, who knows how far he can go, he seems to so thats a start.

hes not to everyones taste and thats fair enough, i can tell u from people that know him that hes not the way u see him, hes confident alright and talks a good game but its not the 'real' him.

How do you gauge the accuracy of star status?

Of course im just looking for anecdotal examples

Any one else from Irelend, please feel free to chime in with your examples. Interested to hear. Thanks!

Conors star is rising here in ireland to the point where non mma fans recognise him. the sport still isnt given a lot of press but its defo growing.

hes a talented fighter, who knows how far he can go, he seems to so thats a start.

hes not to everyones taste and thats fair enough, i can tell u from people that know him that hes not the way u see him, hes confident alright and talks a good game but its not the 'real' him.
Conor is very real in how he appraoches fights etc. Thats genuine. You cant fake that. That doesnt make Conor a bad guy. Of course, I bet when not fighting, Conor is a great guy

Also, thank you for sharing!

Do you feel Conor can become bigger in Ireland than Gsp was in Canada?

Conor is very real in how he appraoches fights etc. Thats genuine. You cant fake that. That doesnt make Conor a bad guy. Of course, I bet when not fighting, Conor is a great guy

Im not sure mma will ever be mainstream enough here although we do love Boxing (Re katie Taylor for example who gets a lot of press here).

if he becomes world champ every person in the country will get behind him, our supporters are unparalleled and im trying to be as unbiased as I can but its true, football, rugby etc world renowned so when one of our own 'makes it' we get behind them

if he becomes world champ every person in the country will get behind him, our supporters are unparalleled and im trying to be as unbiased as I can but its true, football, rugby etc world renowned so when one of our own 'makes it' we get behind them
Thats cool to hear!

I want Conor to blow up. Its good for MMA. Just like Cain blowing up with all of Mexico behind him is GREAT for MMA too

Funny as good as Conor is he talks with his cockiness it's the coolest thing, Jones does it he's arrogant and disrespectful and Jones has a belt???

One makes his cockiness funny, other cringeworthy.

Naw, its amazing the way it is!
Too bad the UFC doesnt have skill competitions like some sports do on the all-star break. Can you immagine how awesome that would be to see him out leg kick Aldo, then out footwork Edgar, then out-wrestle Mendes, then out-grapple Lamas, then out-cardio Guida? Then maybe have him fight one round against the champs in his division and the one below him and the one over him. Then maybe for a goof out-shittalk Chael. Maybe even give Dirk Diggler a run for his money that would have to be for mature audiences only. Still, it would certainly shut up the haters who think just because he has gotten strikers only with bad chins or low power that it somehow diminishes his better skill set than pretty much anyone that has ever fought or trained MMA. I would be tempted to say he is the best athlete period no matter what sport or time period but that may be jumping the gun. Still there is no denying his greatness. It is almost supernatural

Too bad the UFC doesnt have skill competitions like some sports do on the all-star break. Can you immagine how awesome that would be to see him out leg kick Aldo, then out footwork Edgar, then out-wrestle Mendes, then out-grapple Lamas, then out-cardio Guida? Then maybe have him fight one round against the champs in his division and the one below him and the one over him. Then maybe for a goof out-shittalk Chael. Maybe even give Dirk Diggler a run for his money that would have to be for mature audiences only. Still, it would certainly shut up the haters who think just because he has gotten strikers only with bad chins or low power that it somehow diminishes his better skill set than pretty much anyone that has ever fought or trained MMA. I would be tempted to say he is the best athlete period no matter what sport or time period but that may be jumping the gun. Still there is no denying his greatness. It is almost supernatural

I could get behind that lol

Would be really fun

One thing I know everyone would love to see is punch tests to see who punches the hardest!

And yeah Conor IS UNBELIEVABLY slick, smooth, skilled.

Hes the MOST complete well rounded talented MMA striker ive ever seen.

Why arent more clicking the thread!

This HL deserves more views?

Any one got any ideas for a catchier thread title?

One makes his cockiness funny, other cringeworthy.

Let's be realistic. Isn't this just an n excuse to give one a pass? I'd respect you more for just admitting your double standard,than trying to sell this ridiculousness, This guy actually called someone Nazi. Yeah, funny, and not cringeworthy. Right.

Aside from a brilliant performance against Dustin, Conor DID display one minor flaw i saw against Dustin (Conor is human after all lol)

Conor threw a left straight to the body while over extended and left himself open momentarily

Conor will patch that up.

I covered it a while back, made a GIF too (to support him, not hate on him). :wink:

McGregor's most obvious mistake in the DP fight that didn't cost him
I could get behind that lol

Would be really fun

One thing I know everyone would love to see is punch tests to see who punches the hardest!

And yeah Conor IS UNBELIEVABLY slick, smooth, skilled.

Hes the MOST complete well rounded talented MMA striker ive ever seen.

[YT]FYv0l8_f-MM[/YT]​

He punches a 932 in that video and breaks the previous high score. Sherdog even covered it back when he did it. :p ...

UFC Newcomer Conor McGregor Bests High Score on Boxing Game

[YT]n77rwxYueP4[/YT]

Back