1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

The way I see the heavyweight division

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by StumpyTomato, Dec 30, 2012.

1. mrsinister Brown Belt

Point is they were all top HW's at 1 time and he didn't fight them, contra the OP. Doesn't matter why he never cleaned out his division, point is he didn't.

2. RoyCisneros Black Belt

personally I think Reem, Barnett and Cormier are at the very top as far as the heayweights go... but thats just me. JDS looked a little bad tonight.

3. Sakurabas Ear Brown Belt

So he should have fought Igor back in 1998? Coleman in 2000 instead of 04'? Ricco Rodriguez in 2002? Frank Mir in 2003-2004? In his hey day he fought the best that he could along with all of the cans that came attached. UFC had a shallow HW division up until about 2008 and even now its still not exactly deep. Couture proved this along with Gonzaga. Big Nog (a man Fedor dominated twice) was able to capture the gold fairly easily in a division where most of the guys outside of Mir and Couture probably couldn't hang with him. Fedor was dominant in what was was the most stacked HW division we've seen and now its time for a new breed. The HW division is not a place where one can be dominant cause there are so many variables involved with big men slugging it out not to mention Fedor should have fought at LHW.

4. jerk Blue Belt

Although I think the UFC is superior to Pride in almost every way, I believe prime Fedor was a significantly better fighter than Cain or JDS.

No one is touching his GOAT status. It's cemented. I just wish I was watching more MMA and less boxing around the time of his reign. The Pride production just turned me off.

5. Sakurabas Ear Brown Belt

Soccer kicks and knees on to the head of a grounded opponent along with the fact that from 2002-early 2006 Pride had better competition in every division excluding welterweight.

6. TheLeftHandPath** Yellow Belt

stopped reading

Big Foot (never fought JDS)
    Brock (never fought JDS)
    Kongo (never fought JDS)
    Big Nog (never fought JDS)

Mir (never fought Cain)
    Werdum (never fought cain)
    Carwin (never fought Cain)
    Cro Cop (never fought Cain)
    Gonzaga (never fought Cain)

Mark Hunt