The War Room Lounge 158: In Ben Shapiro's Bed, No One Can Hear You Scream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Rogers

Mistress Kate's slave
Banned
Reaction score
How's this?

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click "insert quote" and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

Man that last thread went fast.

https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/161487661/
LOL @Sketch for that price they should give you a scalp massage. My wife's glasses are also from Japan, cost about $40, and have lasted for about 4 years so far.
Edit: gotta know why anyone would pay that for glasses of any kind, excluding night vision goggles. What makes you think they're worth $2000?

https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/161487968/
@Steve Rogers well, two out of three ain't bad. Where do I sign up?

Islands are awesome. We have basically no covid here and we're having little difficulty keeping it that way, apparently. Now, we just need that vaccine to come sooner rather than later.

So, turned out that armed standoff in my city today was over some middle aged dude brandishing a gun and a sword of all things, and when cops arrived he barricaded himself in his apartment. It took the police about 3 hours to talk him out. Apparently, he only had a pellet gun and I'm not sure the sword was genuine either but they don't make that clear.
Man, 43, in custody after armed standoff with Charlottetown police
"A 43-year-old Charlottetown man is in custody with no injuries after an armed standoff with Charlottetown police that lasted more than two hours Friday.

"It's another incident where mental health was a major factor," said Charlottetown Deputy Police Chief Brad MacConnell. "It's a real and ongoing problem, not just in our city but far beyond."

He said police got a call at 9:57 a.m. AT "about a man brandishing what appeared to be a handgun and long-edged weapon, described as a sword."

In the end, he said police believe the handgun was merely a pellet gun, but officers on the scene had no means of determining that at the time.

"We always err on the side of caution.""

To the WR LEOs, does this happen a lot? Is 3 hours short or long when it comes to this kind of thing?
@Jesus H. Sherdog can you poll your colleagues?

Anyway, the next time something crazy happens, and there will be a next time at this rate, I'll start a new thread.

Edit: speaking of crazy, called it.
https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/161478893/
"...gotta say, mental health care is a different story from what I was talking about earlier, by the way. It's not nearly as good as it could or should be here. I'm guessing this incident will prove to be indicative of that..."

Last edited:
@AnGrYcRoW I'm ashamed to say that I didn't know Al Davis was actually an okay guy too.

Davis was active in civil rights, refusing to allow the Raiders to play in any city where black and white players had to stay in separate hotels. He was the first NFL owner to hire an African American head coach and a female chief executive (Amy Trask). He was also the second NFL owner to hire a Latino head coach (Tom Flores).

@CubicleGangster

Feeling for you, pal. Not a dog owner myself, but that doesn't mean I cannot imagine what it means to have had a companion for essentially all of your adult life.

I remember reading you get to keep the ashes. Hope this idea doesn't upset you, just occured to me: You could have the ashes formed into a diamond and attach it to your other dog's leash. No idea what that costs obviously. Read recently that there are countries where this is legal for human remains.

Last edited:
@Prokofievian
You wrote you will take your dog on a road trip, but I don't recall you saying that you passed your exam?

How's this?

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click "insert quote" and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

Ben Shapiro is balls deep, BALLS DEEP....

that thread title tho

bf9.gif

https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/161487661/
LOL @Sketch for that price they should give you a scalp massage. My wife's glasses are also from Japan, cost about $40, and have lasted for about 4 years so far.
Edit: gotta know why anyone would pay that for glasses of any kind, excluding night vision goggles. What makes you think they're worth $2000?

https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/161487968/
@Steve Rogers well, two out of three ain't bad. Where do I sign up?

Islands are awesome. We have basically no covid here and we're having little difficulty keeping it that way, apparently. Now, we just need that vaccine to come sooner rather than later.
I didn’t pay for them, you could say I found them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back