The Wanderers is on TCM

Wish I saw this in time to watch it! Movie is legendary...saw it one night on cable 25 years ago and never again for 15 years.

I've seen it a bunch, but never bought it. If it was in front of me I'd grab it in a heartbeat and the special features would from somewhere else. To me, there's a handful of things and moments, even the lost one or two girls who slipped by that you just know the magic is in stepping back from the chase and the attempt at conquest. When those few moments click something inside says it's okay to let something beautiful drift out of reach and maybe come back again one day. I don't even let the names of those few ...whatever, whoever, speaking and expounding and overmuching, drawing attention and opening your guts, ...the magic should be that profoundly personal rap on the head that it's yours forever and a day, but not all great fish need to be pulled and conquered and blasted on cutting board table as something you've master and inhilated (I know that's not a word, but it's the word I was looking for), ...let it swim and breathe and make you jump and alter your schedule when you notice it's rare and random surface. That means more than the movie itself, the lost love of that. Grabbing your significant other, or if you don't have one, grabbing an insignificant other, and lastly someone in the vicinity, it's why they put the cu nt in significant, nothing's reliable, but with both arms when you see it's coming on, .. case in point. I heard this was coming on and as a fishing works both ways you let it drag you around until the magic is right, and you give yourself like Socrates to the hemlock, Christ to the Cross, close your eyes and flow to the light.

Not many movies or moments like that for me. It's a beautiful thing not to master the beautiful thing.

ten years ago, posting 'TCM' on this forum was an instant ban <JerryWWF>

Literally My favourite movie ever!
My dad showed me it when I was a kid. Then me and my mates would pretend to be in a gang. It will never be beaten.

My respect for @Drunken Meat Fist has gone up tenfold. I'm an eskimo

There ain't many movies left for me like this. This is the best tv I've ever seen it on and TCM does it right. I'd have paid money to watch this tonight. It's like watching it in a theater. That's why it's good not to hang oneself prematurely. Moments like these.
Ya, wow, the memories. Such an awesome coming of age movie for that generation.

I have not seen it in decades but right now my mind is running down nostalgia lane and loving it all over again.

I've never seen it and got excited until i realized I didn't have TCM.
You must see it. Hope it holds up.

Literally My favourite movie ever!
My dad showed me it when I was a kid. Then me and my mates would pretend to be in a gang. It will never be beaten.

My respect for @Drunken Meat Fist has gone up tenfold. I'm an eskimo

Always hesitate with respect to respect, definitely nothing earned, if I made a comment that pushed the movie forward or gave you a nudge like I got, thank you. It's a favorite and in the sense, I've never in my life sat with a pal or girl and said, we gotta watch this great movie that in a way defines a huge resonance with me. ....That will never happen. Too close to home. And it's my party and I'll cry if I want to thing.. I don't analyze the great movies, of course I do, but, the only appeal inward or outward is that you're a lover of the medium and the path and the piece, not the explanation or the the answer, I bathed in college for a lifetime, but its jumping rope. It can never be anything else. ....

And somewhere between this beautiful day, and the magic night, and those trickles of life and people and a pat, a laugh, a paper airplane, ....the headpins, no joke. Watch that fucking Anvil documentary, which is ....I don't put words o those things if I don't have too. why??

And, in the end, ya know a bunch of us here, all these days, proven fucks in whatever it is we get off on with each other, help each other on the smallest scale. ...always with music.

Back