The Walking Dead Season 9 Discussion = Lowest Mid Season Premiere Rating out of all Seasons.

If true...
<TheWire1>

How can this show have that kind of creativity and then simultaneously be terrible and repetitive in almost every other way?
I don’t know but I thought it was on purpose somehow, since the dad was so out of place there. Not just with her but with everyone else too.

Then he shaves his beard, manically gets his beard back and her head is shaved. This is what really pushed that.

the tattoo with her name switched from the mom to the dad also

So that little girl in the flash backs
The guy cuts his beard
Then he’s singing to his daughter with no beard
Then he’s got a beard again

Was that her story falling apart? I really couldn’t keep up because my attention span can’t be bothered with this shit

Why have we got Carl mark 2 aswell, who asked for this?
Yes, her memory was corrupted by her mom telling her everything was her dad fault the whole time.

But it was her mom in the dads role, and dad in the moms roll at the beginning. As she is telling the story her memory starts “correcting”

We see the tattoo with her name switch from the mom to the dad, the dad grow his beard back instantaneously, the mom shave her head. And the mom kill the guy the dad killed.

We can also assume the mom is the one that said”I only grew it out because you liked it that way” talking about her hair, not the dad talking about his beard.

Something I don't say much anymore, but I liked the episode.
I liked parts of it, and at the same time hated parts.

But it’s nice to not completely hate an episode from start to beginning every now and then.

At this point it’s just a train wreck I can’t look away from.

If true...
<TheWire1>

How can this show have that kind of creativity and then simultaneously be terrible and repetitive in almost every other way?

The woman who wrote this episode has written a few other decent episodes for TWD. She was the one came up with Glenn crawling under the dumpster though LOL.

Yes, her memory was corrupted by her mom telling her everything was her dad fault the whole time.

But it was her mom in the dads role, and dad in the moms roll at the beginning. As she is telling the story her memory starts “correcting”

We see the tattoo with her name switch from the mom to the dad, the dad grow his beard back instantaneously, the mom shave her head. And the mom kill the guy the dad killed.

We can also assume the mom is the one that said”I only grew it out because you liked it that way” talking about her hair, not the dad talking about his beard.

Thanks man
Hey if you could give me a write up for every episode and save me 40 minutes of pain I would pay you

so they kill off Carl just to have a new actor and do everything Carl is suppose to do?

He was cheaper

Nail on the head booyah. Chandler Riggs sucked so fucking bad at playing Carl, but at least he was established for 8 seasons. Now they have the TWD equivalent of Wesley from Star Trek TNG who everyone tells to shut up and go away and a new girl who has yet to be established (in the tv series) and we are supposed to care about their relationship?

Just tried to watch this Sundays episode and I couldn't make it past the first 5 minutes, with the college drama class monologues from all the red shirts. I have in the past but I think i've reached my limit with that shit. The human psyche can only take so much cheese trying to be written off as serious drama and I think 9 years is that limit.

If Negan or at least Daryl is not on the screen I physically cannot summon the resolve to sit through an episode lmao. That's pretty bad considering i'm bored and could probably be amused by a piece of string atm.

I liked the episode but I think Henry is the dumbest son of a bitch on the planet.

I liked the episode but I think Henry is the dumbest son of a bitch on the planet.

Seriously. I mean from his introduction, Henry was always just another annoying, pain in the ass child character played by a child actor who you just want to punch in the face. And I don't think it is a coincidence that the older version of him is just as annoying, since the actor playing the older Henry is the older brother of the actor who played the young Henry. How in the world TWD team thought this was a good idea is beyond me.

Seriously. I mean from his introduction, Henry was always just another annoying, pain in the ass child character played by a child actor who you just want to punch in the face. And I don't think it is a coincidence that the older version of him is just as annoying, since the actor playing the older Henry is the older brother of the actor who played the young Henry. How in the world TWD team thought this was a good idea is beyond me.

Is that what they did, hired the older brother? lol.
I guess it could be worse. Kind of like when Rome replaced Octavius. Everyone else on the show stayed and looked the same, the Octavius character turns from a teenager to a man, and the man didn't look anything like the teen. It took me an episode or two to realize that the new character was just the older version of an established character, lol.

Is that what they did, hired the older brother? lol.
I guess it could be worse. Kind of like when Rome replaced Octavius. Everyone else on the show stayed and looked the same, the Octavius character turns from a teenager to a man, and the man didn't look anything like the teen. It took me an episode or two to realize that the new character was just the older version of an established character, lol.
I never got over the character change in Spartacus, I know why they had to do it but the new one just didn’t fit as well.

He grew on me enough to watch, but didn’t have the same vibe.

Something I don't say much anymore, but I liked the episode.

Totally agree. I thought it was a great episode. Yes there were/are some stupid parts like Magna's group going whispering hunting in the dark and that stpuid annoying Carl 2.0. But I felt it was good to have the story with Daryl and Lydia. Their childhood memories and knowing what it's like to be beaten physically and emoitionally by a parent. It showed the harsh reality and sadness of the whole thing. Good emotional episode IMO. Not every episode has to be a firefight.

This is just not realistic, that so many women, could survive for so long, in such violent and cruel world

It depends. If the men tended to go out to hunt/gather/fight/etc. then I could believe there would be more women safe in a compound as the men were more at risk for dying fighting zombies or other humans.

So that little girl in the flash backs
The guy cuts his beard
Then he’s singing to his daughter with no beard
Then he’s got a beard again

Was that her story falling apart? I really couldn’t keep up because my attention span can’t be bothered with this shit

Why have we got Carl mark 2 aswell, who asked for this?

It was to show the little girl's memories were messed up b/c of her past and current trauma. It first showed her mom singing to her with a "Lydia" tattoo while he dad was an asshole who cut his beard.
When in reality the true story came out where it was the dad who sang to the girl and had the Lydia tattoo while the crazy ass mom cut her hair.
Her mom brainwashed her about her father and the beard cutting, when in reality it was the mom who was cutting hair......symbolism I guess.

The whisperers don’t make a lot of sense. They’d just get mowed down by people with guns. A sawed off shotgun and knives shouldn’t intimidate any group with walls lol.

Totally agree in theory. I mean even a group with bows and arrows can take them out. However they are supposed to be more hidden/urban warfare type groups. It's possible people didn't even know they existed. Plus they typically use large herds of walkers to "protect" them. Most groups don't have the man power to take on large groups of walkers. So the whisperes would use large herds of walkers and guide them to attack small camps. While the living humans were overwhelmed by the zombies the whisperers would likely steal their food and supplies. They'd never win a full on battle as they don't seem to really have many guns and just have small knives.

They are defintely dumb as hell to walk up to a walled enclosure and demand the girl back. The guards on the wall could pick them off with guns, bows, arrows, etc. Or just go down and use spears.

They need to end this show already, it has been redundant since the 4th or 5th season.

I never got over the character change in Spartacus, I know why they had to do it but the new one just didn’t fit as well.

He grew on me enough to watch, but didn’t have the same vibe.

Mcintyre did what he could with taking over for Whitfield, but in one season, Whitfield made that role of Spartacus his own and Liam never stood a chance of stepping into his own with it.

Totally agree in theory. I mean even a group with bows and arrows can take them out. However they are supposed to be more hidden/urban warfare type groups. It's possible people didn't even know they existed. Plus they typically use large herds of walkers to "protect" them. Most groups don't have the man power to take on large groups of walkers. So the whisperes would use large herds of walkers and guide them to attack small camps. While the living humans were overwhelmed by the zombies the whisperers would likely steal their food and supplies. They'd never win a full on battle as they don't seem to really have many guns and just have small knives.

They are defintely dumb as hell to walk up to a walled enclosure and demand the girl back. The guards on the wall could pick them off with guns, bows, arrows, etc. Or just go down and use spears.

I posted this earlier in the thread regarding the "realism" of the Whisperers (meaning would there still be enough real zombies around after 10 years for them to hide amongst):

Kirkman said in the TWD universe, zombies out number humans 5000 to 1....that would leave only approximately 66,000 living humans in the US - I would estimate this would be at the apex of the Wildfire Virus epidemic. Now, in the first 3 years of the zompoc (let alone after 10 years), all the original zombies should already be decomposed or killed by humans and by scavenging animals where there shouldn't be massive herds of them migrating around. Obviously of the remaining 66,000 surviving humans, there will be deaths among them and new zombies coming about but it would be nothing significant since the remaining 66,000 humans would be surviving in separate smaller population pockets across the US. I just don't think there would be enough of a zombie population 10 years after the outbreak to allow for humans to live among massive herds.

Back