Television The Walking Dead - Season 10

TheNinja

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Did anyone watch episode 1 of The Walking Dead for season 10? In typical TWD fashion there were some good/cool moments and then some absolutely horribly cringy moments as well.
It left me wanting more, which is maybe a good thing. But I want to see how the story goes now based on how last season ended and how they sort of set the framework for this season.

Did they ever kill that dude with the bat?

He's kind of good now I think. I mean he's still alive and technically a prisoner to Rick's old crew, but he gets to be let out of his cell to be a gardener and make witty and foul mouthed comments.
The 2nd in command of that group, Simon (who was awesome btw), is dead. But the #1 (Negan) and #3 (Dwight) guys are still alive........kind of lame that the guys who orchestrated the whole Saviors group ended up not having to pay the ultimate price.

He's kind of good now I think. I mean he's still alive and technically a prisoner to Rick's old crew, but he gets to be let out of his cell to be a gardener and make witty and foul mouthed comments.
The 2nd in command of that group, Simon (who was awesome btw), is dead. But the #1 (Negan) and #3 (Dwight) guys are still alive........kind of lame that the guys who orchestrated the whole Saviors group ended up not having to pay the ultimate price.

I didn't mind them letting Dwight live. He earned it IMO. Negan should have been killed personally by Maggie she fucking earned that shit and it was BS that Rick took that from her because his son wrote him some letter. Fuck your son he didn't get his head bashed in by a fucking psycho.

I didn't mind them letting Dwight live. He earned it IMO. Negan should have been killed personally by Maggie she fucking earned that shit and it was BS that Rick took that from her because his son wrote him some letter. Fuck your son he didn't get his head bashed in by a fucking psycho.

Agree 100%. Rick is just lucky that Negan took some sort of strange liking to Carl (and now Judith) otherwise Carl would have gotten his arm chopped off or his head bashed in as well for the all the shit he pulled against Negan. I mean he shot 2 of Negan's guys in front of him and Negan didn't do shit about it.
Plus, like you said, Rick taking that justice away from Maggie was crap, and ultimately caused a huge rift between Rick's crew at Alexandria and Maggie's crew at Hilltop. Even caused issues between Michonne and Maggie. Though ultimately Maggie did agree with Rick and Michonne and couldn't bring herself to kill Negan either .

They need a recap or something. I am lost af. Why did the Whispers leave them alone? Who's baby is that? Wtf is a Seadog?

A shitty start for a recently shitty show.

They need a recap or something. I am lost af. Why did the Whispers leave them alone? Who's baby is that? Wtf is a Seadog?

A shitty start for a recently shitty show.

Summary.......

They do a bunch of those "prepared for season 10 " specials. I don't watch them really. Basically the Whisperers made a truce for no more bloodshed as long as the rest of the crew stays out of Alpha's territory. Which honestly isn't that big of a request and seems reasonable. You can't just wander into someone else's country and expect it to be fine.

Extended information...........

The thing about Rick and his methods is that he wasn't always the "good guy" IMO. Things were completely fine with the Saviors until Rick decide to massacre like 40 of them in their sleep b/c he wanted some of Hilltop's supplies. Things were fine in general with Whisperers until Rick and crew went into Whisperer territory after being warned (by signs telling them to stay out) and killed some whispers and took Alpha's daughter as a hostage to potentially torture and kill. You can't just go and do whatever you want b/c you are Rick Grimes.

So ya, ultimately Alpha killed like 10 people and put their heads on pikes and showed Daryl a huge herd of walkers (the "nuclear bomb" he that was referred to in episode 1 of season 10), and then that was the warning to stay away. She could have tried to wipe them all out but she didn't, she basically wanted to be left alone in her territory with her freaky skin wearing crew.

But once again.......our main characters act like complete idiots only out for revenge and being stupid....and Carol decides to go into Alpha's territory and stare at her...hence we will be having a war once again.

Lolol a fucking shield wall against 10 slow ass water soaked rotting zombies. Jesus christ. At this point they should be able to just push these fucking zombies over and stand there twindling their thumbs waiting for the next one to waddle over.

Anyone know what episode number the mid season for 9 started?

Season 9 is on Netflix now, and looking at the episode descriptions I can’t tell what Episode I left off on for sure.

Think it was the one with the whisperers and Alpha at the fence. But maybe not.

It was after they had the run in with alphas daughter and the whole “past” in two different viewings deal

Anyone know what episode number the mid season for 9 started?

Season 9 is on Netflix now, and looking at the episode descriptions I can’t tell what Episode I left off on for sure.

Think it was the one with the whisperers and Alpha at the fence. But maybe not.

It was after they had the run in with alphas daughter and the whole “past” in two different viewings deal

Season 9 episode 9 would be the mid season premier. #124 overall.

Lolol a fucking shield wall against 10 slow ass water soaked rotting zombies. Jesus christ. At this point they should be able to just push these fucking zombies over and stand there twindling their thumbs waiting for the next one to waddle over.

That was pretty cringy. The only thing that made sense is that it was for a training exercise, potentially against a human opponent. Sure, they could have easily bashed them all over but they wanted everyone to get some "real life" practice.

But those are still stupid. Why on earth would you have your people run out there into melee combat, other than to show what badasses Michonne, Magna, and the music teacher were with their weapons? If you have the shield wall you put your spears behind it....then use your archers and/or slingshots or whatever ranged weapons you have to attack from the distance. There would be no need to break your shield formation unless things went bad..and maybe that's what there were training for.

It's like these people have never seen an episode of Vikings screaming "SHIELD WALL!!!"

Y'all need to stop encouraging this show. Stop watching and they will stop making episodes.

Y'all need to stop encouraging this show. Stop watching and they will stop making episodes.

I finally did it. I deleted my recording of Sunday’s premiere.

ALL that wasted time on such a shit show. This show is garbage, and will waste no more of my time.

I don’t think I’ve done this with a show before. I feel liberated

Are there still zombies? They should eat the zombies. Show em how it feels. No one, not even a zombie, likes to be chewed on.

I completely tapped out on FTWD. I just cant with that show any longer.
Tuned in for this first episode, and it's so cheesy.
Just lol'd at setting up this "bad ass training" scene with a 8 year old girl's voice over.
A shield wall for these zombies
<36>

I almost drank some water just so I could do a spit-take at them doing the Spartan shield wall silliness.

That was pretty cringy. The only thing that made sense is that it was for a training exercise, potentially against a human opponent. Sure, they could have easily bashed them all over but they wanted everyone to get some "real life" practice.

But those are still stupid. Why on earth would you have your people run out there into melee combat, other than to show what badasses Michonne, Magna, and the music teacher were with their weapons? If you have the shield wall you put your spears behind it....then use your archers and/or slingshots or whatever ranged weapons you have to attack from the distance. There would be no need to break your shield formation unless things went bad..and maybe that's what there were training for.

It's like these people have never seen an episode of Vikings screaming "SHIELD WALL!!!"

I completely tapped out on FTWD. I just cant with that show any longer.
Tuned in for this first episode, and it's so cheesy.
Just lol'd at setting up this "bad ass training" scene with a 8 year old girl's voice over.
A shield wall for these zombies
<36>

I almost drank some water just so I could do a spit-take at them doing the Spartan shield wall silliness.

I was scrolling through YT and caught some reaction channel's video on the Premiere episode...I was curious to see how quickly it would turn to cringe...10 seconds...fucking 10 seconds...that damn shield wall plus the characters just chucking their weapons at zombies with no regard for them possibly falling into the water and not being able to retrieve them; that was it for me. I turned it right off lol.

Holy shit... the Season 10 premiere scored a 4.00 live viewer rating <45>

wooow. lowest ever live rating for ANY episode for the ENTIRE series. LOLOL.

A PREMIERE episode! Oh man, this season's ratings are going to be like nothing we have ever seen before.

I can't believe they already renewed it for Season 11.

I stopped watching this show around the middle of season 7. They kept refusing to kill off that douchbag kid in the hat that I hated since season 1. It was infuriating to see good characters dropping like flies every season only for that shit-acting emo bastard to putter on through like it was no big deal.

Back