The "Volkanovski is a point fighter" narrative

It's not that silly. A ton of those finishes are from early on in his career. He's very strategic and sometimes fights in a point fighter-y style, it's based on a reality. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, I think he's very smart and has great fight IQ and timing. Even some of Holloway's decisions are brutal beatings full of Just Bleed moments. Volk isn't really that guy. I still appreciate him for what he is, just like I did GSP, but there's no need to deny reality.

Volk makes usman look exciting ....he's a terrible champ ....seems like a nice guy , but max is the people's champ !

Most of those finishes Volk got were vs Scrubs before UFC fool

When he went to his current camp he became extremely technical. Practices feinting for hours.

People just completely forget the fact that Alexander Volkanovski had a war with Chad Mendes and finished him

The only fight he's been a point fighter in was the Aldo fight

Volkanovski has 14 finishes in his pro mma career

Max has 12 finishes.

Silly narrative created by incredibly sour Holloway die hards.
Max is one of my all time favorites, but the way his fan base acts makes me not want to pull for him.
<WhatItIs>

????

Volk has 3 finishes in the UFC and 6 decision wins.

Most of those pre-UFC finishes you are referring to came against guys without wiki pages.

In fact his last fight before joining the UFC was against a guy with a 17-17 record. Now that's a finish to be proud of.

City kickboxing fighters just very good strategically. Remember Adesanya’s fights against Silva or Romero - he did just enough to beat them, getting the job done is a priority.

Hooker goes to wars instead of fighting the same way and that’s why he has his losses. Dan actually admitted it himself that he needs to fight more like Volk and Izzy.

So to comeback to the point, Volk is doing what is necessary to win the fight. I do think second fight was extremely close and Holloway possibly did enough. But even then, it was impressive to me that Volk was able to adjust in the middle of the second fight with Max and he did pull it off in the end.

His last three fights were all point fighting, pitter patter leg kicks to score points against Max and just held Aldo against the fence. No attempt made to finish any of these fights, simply to outscore his opponent.

I think Volk will beat Ortega very soundly. Either unanimous decision or he will stop him. It won't be close. Volk is a very good fighter.
dont get me wrong, i am not saying volk isnt a good fighter.

just ortega is that much better.

I mean...
He seemed to have been focusing on points in recent fights. His team was literally mentioning fighting for points in an embedded episode for UFC 251

(timestamped)

Volk makes usman look exciting ....he's a terrible champ ....seems like a nice guy , but max is the people's champ !
Is people's champ code for a beloved fighter that isn't the champion and isn't likely to be the real champ again? I mean it's probably an apt phrase to use here if it is.

Volkanovski has 14 finishes in his pro mma career

Max has 12 finishes.

Silly narrative created by incredibly sour Holloway die hards.
Max is one of my all time favorites, but the way his fan base acts makes me not want to pull for him.
<WhatItIs>

Who gives a fuck what anyone says. Volkanovski has the belt, he's the man, the end.

WAR VOLK!!!!!!!!!!

I mean...
He seemed to have been focusing on points in recent fights. His team was literally mentioning fighting for points in an embedded episode for UFC 251

(timestamped)

Did the sarcasm actually miss you on that one?

Back