Crime The violence recently directed at Asian Americans

Yikes. That's not good
That's a really dishonest way to present my post. Here's what I said.
Okay so trigger warning here, spicy hot take out of the oven.

The reason why African Americans have anti-Asian animus is actually very similar to the reason why there is anti-Asian prejudice in Africa itself. Its because Asians are outsiders who form a petty bourgeoisie class, specifically a shopkeeper class, that is generally resistant to assimilation and excludes the native Africans whether its America or Uganda. In the context of Africa its usually South Asians and its roots are generally in the colonial period though not always. Note that in South Africa the more radical parties that call for land redistribution from whites also target South Asians with their rhetoric. In America they are usually imagined to be East Asian but also include South and West Asians.

These petty bourgeoisie Asians run establishments like convenience stores, gas stations, and laundromats which tend to hire from their own community and tend to swap ownership within it as well. They are also more overtly racist than white people and therefore tend to treat blacks with more suspicion. So unsurprisingly this generates tension between blacks and Asians.

In America there are generally two paths of assimilation for immigrants. You can assimilate to lower class America where, for numerous historic reasons I'd rather not get into here, blacks are represented at a disproportional rate. Or you can assimilate to upper class, culturally WASP society. Like I said Asians are generally resistant to assimilation but to the extent that they do assimilate, consciously or otherwise, its into upper class WASP society. Jews are another example, they came to America in the early to mid 20th century largely as working class folks but due to their education and intact families/communities they quickly assimilated into to upper class, much to the chagrin of the WASP establishment of the time.

Can't blame them, who wants to assimilate into the shithole ghetto? That is where poor Hispanics from Central America tend to assimilate, hence why 2nd and 3rd generation Hispanics tend to commit more crime than 1st generation ones and hence why MS-13, the scary Latino gang trying to invade from the Southern border, originated in...LA.

So yeah there it is. There is no obvious solution here. I don't blame Asians for not wanting to assimilate into shithole ghetto culture but I can blame them to the extent that they are racist towards blacks. I don't blame blacks who have some resentment towards immigrants, Asian or otherwise, who exhibit racism and suspicion towards them but I can blame them for attacking Asians. Its not like Idi Amin kicking out the Asians back in the day made Uganda a better place so kicking Asians out from the ghetto won't help either.
Note that I specifically say that blacks who attack Asians are at fault and of course are wrong. If some Asian guy somewhere at some time was racist to you, that doesn't mean you get to indiscriminately attack Asians. I also say that you can't blame Asians for assimilating up because its the smart and right thing to do. Hispanics, usually unwillingly, assimilate down and its terrible for their communities. Hence why 2nd and 3rd generation Hispanic immigrants commit more crime. Trump was wrong, most of the people coming from the South are decent people. Its their kids and grandkids who become shitty by growing up in American ghettos.

Asians bypass that problem by keeping to their own but sometimes they create tensions that way.

Note that I specifically say that blacks who attack Asians are at fault and of course are wrong. If some Asian guy somewhere at some time was racist to you, that doesn't mean you get to indiscriminately attack Asians.

Still a shit take. You are faulting Asians for bettering their lives.

Still a shit take. You are faulting Asians for bettering their lives.
So yeah there it is. There is no obvious solution here. I don't blame Asians for not wanting to assimilate into shithole ghetto culture but I can blame them to the extent that they are racist towards blacks. I don't blame blacks who have some resentment towards immigrants, Asian or otherwise, who exhibit racism and suspicion towards them but I can blame them for attacking Asians. Its not like Idi Amin kicking out the Asians back in the day made Uganda a better place so kicking Asians out from the ghetto won't help either.
{<diva}

Note that I specifically say that blacks who attack Asians are at fault and of course are wrong. If some Asian guy somewhere at some time was racist to you, that doesn't mean you get to indiscriminately attack Asians. I also say that you can't blame Asians for assimilating up because its the smart and right thing to do. Hispanics, usually unwillingly, assimilate down and its terrible for their communities. Hence why 2nd and 3rd generation Hispanic immigrants commit more crime. Trump was wrong, most of the people coming from the South are decent people. Its their kids and grandkids who become shitty by growing up in American ghettos.

Asians bypass that problem by keeping to their own but sometimes they create tensions that way.
I get what you are trying to say but I don't agree with some of what you are saying. I don't want to get into with you because I don't feel like starting a argument on some of the topics you brought up.

I get what you are trying to say but I don't agree with some of what you are saying. I don't want to get into with you because I don't feel like starting a argument on some of the topics you brought up.
I don't necessarily intend to convince you of that point but do you at least see how his representation of my post was a bit dishonest?

I don't necessarily intend to convince you of that point but do you at least see how his representation of my post was a bit dishonest?
Like I said I'm not saying you are being dishonest here, I'm just saying I don't agree with some of you're points.

Like I said I'm not saying you are being dishonest here, I'm just saying I don't agree with some of you're points.
That's fine but don't you think the way SDW portrayed my stance is dishonest and misrepresents what I said? Even if you disagree with some of the points there, I think you should be able to see how its dishonest for him to claim that I justified the attacks when in the post I explicitly said nothing that I wrote there justifies the attacks and that the upward assimilation by Asians is understandable and that they shouldn't be blamed for it.

That's fine but don't you think the way SDW portrayed my stance is dishonest and misrepresents what I said? Even if you disagree with some of the points there, I think you should be able to see how its dishonest for him to claim that I justified the attacks when in the post I explicitly said nothing that I wrote there justifies the attacks and that the upward assimilation by Asians is understandable and that they shouldn't be blamed for it.
I can't read other people's minds my dude. I've said my peace about this topic.

It was no more dishonest than your post was....opinions aren’t dishonest they’re merely opinions...and my opinion of your original post is simply “that’s a shitty opinion with a plethora of dogma and a cornucopia of shitty rhetoric, in an effort to passively aggressive suggest “they” deserve it especially if you sympathize with the opinion that all black people are poor and live in ghettos”...again just my opinion on your opinion... carry on

Yep. Too bad it’s drowned upon to beat those kids. They deserve is and it shows how badly most kids are raised now.

Honestly, going through school and knowing that most of the bullies came from violent households taught me that is exactly the opposite of the truth. People who are beaten in their homes are usually very fragile and pick the easiest targets to pick on because deep down they are afraid.

I think raising your kid love and teaching them to respect all living things would be a much better approach.

Fuck man that Hot take post yours was months ago and its still being talked about today?

Honestly, going through school and knowing that most of the bullies came from violent households taught me that is exactly the opposite of the truth. People who are beaten in their homes are usually very fragile and pick the easiest targets to pick on because deep down they are afraid.

I think raising your kid love and teaching them to respect all living things would be a much better approach.
It also stems from parents being complete push overs and letting the child always get their way. It’s not black and white man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back