The videos are here S&P lol, powerlifting comp. Maori.

Holy jeebus, you are the skinniest Maori I've ever seen!(and the whitest)

Congrats man! Great lifts!

Why have I always thought you were like some 67 year old Asian dude with a super long goatee?

Very impressive stuff mister. When you did your dead lift and screamed at the end I said aloud: "Right on man!"
Nice work...

Strong little fucker aintcha?? Nice work!

That squat depth in a PL meet is teh awesomesauce. Good job!

Nice shit .. now im getting all pumped up for the club powerlifting competition this fall.

Why have I always thought you were like some 67 year old Asian dude with a super long goatee?

Very impressive stuff mister. When you did your dead lift and screamed at the end I said aloud: "Right on man!"
Nice work...

lol cheers brother. It felt so good when I got it, I had to shout. Last time when I hit 185kg I did a sort of chuck liddel scream lol, then I thought, how fuking queer lol.

There was a guy competeing and I swear he looked just like Bruce Willis. except strong as hell. 100kg bodyweight and deadlift 300+kg.

Great deadlift, might I ask, how long have you been weightliting ?

Great stuff maori, you have built yourself a fucking brilliant foundation to become very strong.

Also, what's the deal with your bench press? Like others have said, you could do with thickening up a bit, but I thought it looked like you could have pressed a lot more than you did. Is it a confidence thing? Do you get the chance to train with spotters regularly with the bench press?

Good job, buddy. Keep it up at a good rate, without burning out, and you'll be one strong fuck.

Great deadlift, might I ask, how long have you been weightliting ?

cheers, I started almost 2 years ago, but never lifted correctly or to a good routine. I only started lifting properly, with decent form and a ok routine sense september of 2007. It worked out pretty well because I was coming of an injury and it give me time to educate myself a bit more about lifting and try and make good solid routines and increase my knowledge of strength training. Maybe the injury was a good thing lol.

Nice lifts. For some reason I always picture as a stocky black New Zealander.

Yeah things tend go like that, one door closes.. :)

And what was you deadlift back then, when you were starting ?

Great stuff maori, you have built yourself a fucking brilliant foundation to become very strong.

Also, what's the deal with your bench press? Like others have said, you could do with thickening up a bit, but I thought it looked like you could have pressed a lot more than you did. Is it a confidence thing? Do you get the chance to train with spotters regularly with the bench press?

to be honest I'm just weak in that department, thats why i wasn't happy at all with the competition because of my bench. I could do 85kg, but I went for 90 and failed at the lockout, plus I was disqualified because my foot lifted. I'm definitly going to try and put on the weight, it will help my rugby immensly too.

I don't think it's confidence really just my actuall capability. I have no spotters, I train at home in my garage lol.

I was talking to a guy and he said bands would be great for the lockout. Do you think I should get bands to help me with that??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back