The vast majority of Sherdog is WRONG about Nate vs Conor part 2

I gamble with my brain, not my heart.

Money aside, I do have emotions invested in this here fight.

I know Nate can throw ANOTHER wrench into the machine if only he had a ground game first mentality against Conor...but I fear that's absolutely not the case. (duh)

That said, I'm still going to bet on the fight, but it won't be substantial by any means.

I see it as tough to call, and with the current odds, not a particularly lucrative gain if you bet on Nate, but of course the odds will change some between now and then. Bet on!

giphy.gif

haha... I hear ya.

You elude that I'm homosexual because I pick Conor for the win.

What do you think?

I'm a male who has never had an interest in another male sexually. I have been in the locker room with plenty of guyz & one of my friendz haz a strange fascination with being naked, but I've never looked at them & thought or felt anything sexual.

Yet in your opening statement you eluded to the fact that I might be homosexual because I feel Conor will win.

I'm sure you're an educated individual. You are posting on Sherdog... so I figure you know what you're talking about. Do you feel that I'm a homosexual because I think Conor will win?

View attachment 128487

Freud says the fact that you broke character and used an s instead of a z in the beginning of your post speaks to the contrary of the content held within your post.

I wouldnt touch this fight on a bet. Both guys only want big fights. The trilogy is where the money is at. The ufc needs this trilogy. Nate may get drugged and Conor could come in .7 lb overweight. I dont know, i hope Nate does some Bruce Willis pulp fiction fuck you to the system but we will see. I had 100 on Nate in the first fight but in torn on this one.

I wouldnt touch this fight on a bet. Both guys only want big fights. The trilogy is where the money is at. The ufc needs this trilogy. Nate may get drugged and Conor could come in .7 lb overweight. I dont know, i hope Nate does some Bruce Willis pulp fiction fuck you to the system but we will see. I had 100 on Nate in the first fight but in torn on this one.
Interesting theory. If Nate REALLY wants big bucks, he'll lose.... the only problem with that theory is that the UFC hates him and If he loses, there's a very high probability that he'll never get the Rubber Match.

I picked Conor to win the first fight, but bet on Nate by submission. What you bet and what you thinj will happen aren't mutually exclusive when odds are involved.

I picked Conor to win the first fight, but bet on Nate by submission. What you bet and what you thinj will happen aren't mutually exclusive when odds are involved.
Totally. There's almost always the person I want to win, and then there's the person I think will win. I rarely bet on the former.

Slap incoming. Conor will be on Bambi-legs worse than Fedor and Nate will destroy Conor twice.

It was not a 'brutal first round'

The first round was a straight forward 10-9 for Conor and Nate landed a nice body jab, the check hook and a knee in the clinch. Conor whiffed big punches into air. Anyone who doesn't recognize the first round was reasonably close isn't competent to score MMA.

it was a close round for conor. it was a great fight tho, non stop action from both guys.

gotta respect that, neither fighter came to win on points.

1) when did tank say that?

2) who is in your avatar?

3) i think that nate, though the clear favourite in my mind (and heart), still has some risk in the sense that conner can land another lucky punch.

nate should utilize his foot work, keep coner at the end of his jab, pepper him with leg kicks, and feint a few shot attempts and mix in a few real shot attempts.

he fights smart, and this will be another easy night for nate against ric flair 2.0

1) I saw it on tv probably 15 years ago. Its also in this interview. Splash of cran keeps him healthy. Gotta love Tank.

2) My dream woman

3) Conor has a chance at winning a decision but thats it. His lack of size/power wont finish Nate standing, and he doesnt want any part of the ground game. Nate on the other hand can finish the fight anywhere. Diaz has all the advantages.

That was one meandering post.

"It will be fun...but slow-twitch Nate is going to be in trouble on many fronts...unless he lands something big enough to change the course of action before he's down by too many rounds."

The odds of Nate landing something "big enough" are pretty damn good. It's not like Conor has this iron chin. Nate is a precision striker, not with great power, but enough to put the hurt on Conor. Also, I don't know anything about slow twitch Nate. Nate lands versus everyone (usually in volume). Some just handle it better than others.

On the surface of things, you're making sense, but when you factor in the probability of a stand up WAR taking place...(as opposed to ground fighting in which Nate would excel) ...combined with the fact that Conor CAN stun Nate enough to follow it up...

...it's dangerous...even though it really doesn't have to be that way.

That's the thing, can Nate stun him enough to follow it up? He never really stunned Nate the first time and he was straight whooping Nate for that first round. He went all out and didn't rock Nate once. His cardio isn't going to be miraculously improved since that fight. I mean, Conor faded hard and early against a guy who wasn't in proper shape.

That just doesn't bode well for a war this time around. Conor simply doesn't have the cardio to actually go to war with Diaz for 5 rounds and not slow down and get beaten when he does. Diaz is just a terrible match up for him.

All that text an no strategy. WTF over?

I'm not even a conor fan and give him 5% chance but he needs to counter exclusively to win. Nothing forward. Conor is faster use it. Fight like Silva and hope Nates chin finally gives.

He doesnt have the tools for RDA leg kicks so basically block and counter only hope

Freud says the fact that you broke character and used an s instead of a z in the beginning of your post speaks to the contrary of the content held within your post.
Haha... I hear ya.

Sherdog's spell check is turning out to be too much of a hassle to correct.

Plus, there've been several people who have said my posts were hard to read... & I don't think it translates well to people whose computer does translations to other languages... so I'm letting it go for the most part.

It's just something fun I've done for the last 25 yearz or so but not a big deal to switch off.

gif dude.png

Back