International The US is only nation to have been at war almost continously from its founding (229 of 246 years)

To survive war, you gotta become war.

But, yes and yes.

It is a false statement. There are nations that are in a constant state of war. Mostly internally, many factions and tribes fighting since the beginning of time. China, India, Afghanistan, Syria, tons of African Nations. War is human unfortunately.

Considering we were built via genocide of the former natives: Not a bad outcome

Perpetual War for Perpetual Peace says historian Robert Divine. The idea of nations living in peace with each other on the current scale is relatively new.

Personally, I'd rather it be Russia with the alien tech filling the vacuum as world police.

It is a false statement. There are nations that are in a constant state of war. Mostly internally, many factions and tribes fighting since the beginning of time. China, India, Afghanistan, Syria, tons of African Nations. War is human unfortunately.
No, it's the stark truth.
These are not civil wars they are virtually all aggressive wars. Even the American revolutionary war was in large part because the colonists wanted to invade more land of the Native territories which the British had said were off limits.

Staying on top requires sacrifice….

memorial-day-president.gif

Doesn't surprise me. War is profitable for a lot of people.

I once read that one reason for this is b/c the US' wars are NEVER on thier own land, affects theri own civilians so they are a tad more willing to make war.

Germany, France, UK, Russia, China and so many African nations all have experience of their civilians and nation being fucked over badly via war.

whats the worst the US has ever had, Pearl or 9/11? Not bad really.

As a country we spend more on defense than the next 8 countries in the world combined. The military complex who make it rain in DC has to cycle through equipment so they can get that sweet sweet tax dollars. You don’t give millions to members of Congress and not expect billions back in return. Banks, Pharma and military contractors are smart because they bribe both sides of the aisle.Donny increased military spending and so did Ole Man Biden.
Here is the fucked up part if a President decided to reduce the military budget to say spending as much as the next 6 countries combined, talking heads who also get paid by the military complex will go on air and call that President a traitor, weak, communist, etc. Then the Rubes would parrot it because they can’t think for themselves and any attempt to reduce military spending would be dropped.
America is no longer land of the free but land of the manipulated.

I once read that one reason for this is b/c the US' wars are NEVER on thier own land, affects theri own civilians so they are a tad more willing to make war.

Germany, France, UK, Russia, China and so many African nations all have experience of their civilians and nation being fucked over badly via war.

whats the worst the US has ever had, Pearl or 9/11? Not bad really.

Revolution
Mexico
Civil
Indians

We've done some fighting over here ...

Back