The US government tortures children (Human Rights Watch)

It pinpoints the problem that's focused. No one but lazy fools try to get everything from a headline and doesn't read all of it. Most states don't try people under 18 as adults.

But in general we don't even need to talk about kids since torture is forbidden in conventions signed by the US.

It was really important to break the law this time. That makes it ok.

It pinpoints the problem that's focused. No one but lazy fools try to get everything from a headline and doesn't read all of it. Most states don't try people under 18 as adults.

But in general we don't even need to talk about kids since torture is forbidden in conventions signed by the US.
It's a dishonest title. I obviously did read it, which is why I was able to call it dishonest.

It was really important to break the law this time. That makes it ok.

Importance is a subjective term so that can justify anything. I hope you're as willing to accept that reasoning when you are on the losing side.

It's a dishonest title. I obviously did read it, which is why I was able to call it dishonest.

No, it's not. You're just projecting that it says that random children are being tortured and a simple headline doesn't have to account for stupid projections.

The headline does not contradict any facts so it's fine and I maintain that only idiots would think that it's just random kids.

No, it's not. You're just projecting that it says that random children are being tortured and a simple headline doesn't have to account for stupid projections.

The headline does not contradict any facts so it's fine and I maintain that only idiots would think that it's just random kids.
So saying "underage terrorists" instead of just "children" is too much effort? The headline is supposed to summarize what's included, but saying "The US gov't tortures children" gets more clicks from dumbasses who already want to believe it. How do you not know this simple trick of selective wording to get more traffic?

So saying "underage terrorists" instead of just "children" is too much effort? The headline is supposed to summarize what's included, but saying "The US gov't tortures children" gets more clicks from dumbasses who already want to believe it. How do you not know this simple trick of selective wording to get more traffic?

It's still true so not dishonest. Again, only an idiot would think that it is anything other than what it is anyway. Either you're angry because you got fooled when you shouldn't have, or, more likely, you're just projecting things upon others.

And apparently wording a thread in a way that's not to your liking seems more important than following the human rights to you, given your chosen focus.

Ok, just did 10 seconds of research like TS should have before posting this retard's opinion. I've learned the following about the author:

He is a Truther who doesn't believe jet fuel melts steel beams
He doubts the Sandy Hook massacre actually happened
He believes the US committed the Charlie Hebdo attacks in Paris to punish France

You should be embarrassed to have posted such nonsense from a man who has lost his mind and gone full conspiracy theorist.

Where are the specific accusations? I see a baseless claim in the article posted in the OP.

Don't want to hear people denying it? There's nothing to deny other than a baseless claim in the beginning of the article.

Instead of focusing on bashing the author of the first article, why not read the report by Human Rights Watch which was linked to the OP. You know, the report which is the main source of the topic for this thread. You dont have to consider HRW as a credible source, but it is an organization led by US and which has often been accused by critics of being influenced by the agendas of U.S. foreign policy (wiki), so if anything, the reality is more likely worse than the other way around.

Its good to have a sceptic mind, but it is also important to try not to let your feelings to stop you learning something new and looking things from different perspective.

Peace.

Hell no it wasn't OK but singling out the U.S. on this is not honest.

Sure some business her profit from child labor which is wrong and the government tries to stop.

Other countries business also profit from it also and all western governments try and stop child labor.

Yes the US did shit things and just because other countries did doesn't excuse the U.S. but a lot of other countries did shit things to kids and to try and single the U.S. out is wrong.
There's the abuse of all the children in the mental institutions too. I believe the last ones where I live closed down in the 1990's.

The US is the super power in the world, we directly and indirectly effect more people than probably anyone, that's just how it is.

Instead of focusing on bashing the author of the first article, why not read the report by Human Rights Watch which was linked to the OP. You know, the report which is the main source of the topic for this thread. You dont have to consider HRW as a credible source, but it is an organization led by US and which has often been accused by critics of being influenced by the agendas of U.S. foreign policy (wiki), so if anything, the reality is more likely worse than the other way around.

Its good to have a sceptic mind, but it is also important to try not to let your feelings to stop you learning something new and looking things from different perspective.

Peace.
I read it, it was very biased and unspecific.

Stopped reading at "Boko Haram is third". Sure they are.

You think the US is torturing kids just for the heck of it?

Did Saddam use children for shields? He may have I dont know. Did the Taliban use them. Well the Taliban use to be the Mujjies, and we made the mujjies.

We didn't "make" the Mujahadeen. It's a generic term in Arabic.

You think the US is torturing kids just for the heck of it?

No, that's obviously my point in my post, which was about a poster saying that's what you can get from the title.

That's of course not saying that there's a valid reason for it, but that wasn't what my post was about.

No, that's obviously my point in my post, which was about a poster saying that's what you can get from the title.

That's of course not saying that there's a valid reason for it, but that wasn't what my post was about.

I misread

America/Israel hate thread probably written by a Muslim.

When will America believe the lies and genocide Israel and itself?!!!

J
Yet again, 11 'children' who were 15 and one who was 14... I can still see detainment as the only logical solution. Torture possibly being justifiable, depending on the situation (which we don't have information on).

We aren't talking about 5 year old kids here. We are talking about terrorists that are adolescents. There is a measure of accountability here.

So you envision a scenario where 14 and 15 year olds have been given critical intelligence by a terror group?

Also, when I was 16, I thought I was a gang banger, and I dropped out of high school, moved out my parents house, and was cooking meth,strong armed robbing people, and carjacking. By 19 I had joined the army, and chose a new path. I was not indoctrinated the way these kids are. By your logic we should have tried the hitler youth for war crimes.

ignorance is bliss they say....and apparently alot of you are living in bliss that you would come in here and white wash whats been going on around the world ...

for sure the article carries with it some "bias" as Paul Craig Roberts has been longtime outspoken against the direction the government((and outside powers)) are taking the US, that doesnt change the fact....one of you was even trying to argue that the US isnt responsible for the shitshow thats going on in Iraq presently....lol

some of you are content to ignore all else and try to argue the semantics of what constitutes a child lol or worse yet....whether or not torture is justified in some cases....while blatantly ignoring the elephant in the room that is the fact that the US military is over in Foreign countries doing this to people....the US has 0 right to be in someone else's country and commiting these acts...for any reason...period....what they want to do in their country is up to them, what they allow in their country is up to them, to go invade another country and mess with its people...young and old is just wrong...even more so when you actually start putting together the pieces of why the US is there in the first place....

all of you trying to justify the need for torture of these people I largely suspect are doing so without the thought of....what if that was your sister....your mother....your daughter...your son brother father...cousins...your best friend that was being tortured because some military person thought they looked suspicious or because someone that doesnt like your family made some kind of falsified confession/snitching on them?

whats going on is sickening in this day and age of supposed higher evolution and enlightenment....but its going to continue going on while a large number of people will argue that its valid and right simply because its their "team/side" that is the aggressor in this/these situations

Sounds good.

But what actually are you saying? America is The Great Satan?

Muslims have to be the most brainwashed group on the planet bar none.

Back