The US government tortures children (Human Rights Watch)

No, violence was going on long before under Saddam's rule. But the gist of what you're saying is accurate.

But that is like saying eastern Europe is as bad as ME too because of what happened in Yugoslavia, and Ukraine.

No, violence was going on long before under Saddam's rule. But the gist of what you're saying is accurate.

violence is going on everywhere. you dont get to make the situation more shittier and then say it was always happening.

Obviously a lot of people in the western world don't understand this, but fighting age around the world comes years before 18.

Any report that says Boko Haram is a "distant third" when it comes to violence can be dismissed out of hand as a piece for terrorism apologetics.

EDIT: See below. The guy who wrote that is a clown and doesn't deserve a serious response.

Last edited:
Ok, just did 10 seconds of research like TS should have before posting this retard's opinion. I've learned the following about the author:

He is a Truther who doesn't believe jet fuel melts steel beams
He doubts the Sandy Hook massacre actually happened
He believes the US committed the Charlie Hebdo attacks in Paris to punish France

You should be embarrassed to have posted such nonsense from a man who has lost his mind and gone full conspiracy theorist.

I never said they couldn't.

Would you agree that it's possible that the need for information outweighs the ethical/moral considerations in certain situations? Could you envision a scenario where this would be the case? If you can't, I'd argue you aren't thinking hard enough.

I'm sure one could come up with a scenario since you're just talking in theory, but it would have to be something special since it's confirmed that torture doesn't work well. If the need was dire I'd want to bet on surer methods. The US has clearly used it when it wasn't necessary anyway, so you're pretty much trying to deflect.

Personally, when dealing with groups that don't follow GENEVA convention, I think it's incredibly foolish to adhere to it.

I don't. You need to strive to be better than the horrible ideals you face, otherwise you're not really any better and should perhaps also be put away.

"ISIS terrorists have attacked civilians, lets attack civilians in the areas they control!"

Last edited:
Can you tell us more about that?

I'm sure it's easy to Google the fact that native Americans took captives on their raids including children. This happening before the first European set foot here and continued up until the end of the wars on the native Americans.

Can't speak for Australia, but my point is that the US has a well documented history of abusing children.

Every country does including child labor. Every country I can think of anyway.

Not excusing it but American is far from the only country guilty of this and some countries were far worse and some still are.

I'm sure it's easy to Google the fact that native Americans took captives on their raids including children. This happening before the first European set foot here and continued up until the end of the wars on the native Americans.

How does this relate to what Big Chief Stove said? It sounds like you're saying what happened to native children is okay.

Every country does including child labor. Every country I can think of anyway.

Not excusing it but American is far from the only country guilty of this and some countries were far worse and some still are.
Idk, the us has their hands in other countries child labor messes too. They have benefitted from it here and elsewhere.

I didn't let my kids install Pokemon Go on my phone. According to them, this was pretty much the same as torturing them.
brb alerting social services about this injustice

That's a good title to get clicks, but not really accurate. It makes it sound like random kids are just getting plucked out and tortured, when it really means teenage terrorists being treated like adults. Are they supposed to be excused for terrorism just because they're under 18? Our standards for "torture" are also quite a bit lower than most middle eastern countries.

That's a good title to get clicks, but not really accurate. It makes it sound like random kids are just getting plucked out and tortured, when it really means teenage terrorists being treated like adults. Are they supposed to be excused for terrorism just because they're under 18? Our standards for "torture" are also quite a bit lower than most middle eastern countries.

No, it doesn't make it sound like that at all. You'd have to be a complete idiot to think even for a moment that anyone is suggesting that the US tortures randomly chosen kids. As for being excused because they are under 18, you could open a book about US law and you'll find the answer.

No, it doesn't make it sound like that at all. You'd have to be a complete idiot to think even for a moment that anyone is suggesting that the US tortures randomly chosen kids. As for being excused because they are under 18, you could open a book about US law and you'll find the answer.
Really? So you think saying "The US gov't tortures kids" is a fair representation of what they're trying to report? States have automatic transfer laws, where people under 18 still go to adult courts for rapes and murders.

Really? So you think saying "The US gov't tortures kids" is a fair representation of what they're trying to report? States have automatic transfer laws, where people under 18 still go to adult courts for rapes and murders.

It pinpoints the problem that's focused. No one but lazy fools try to get everything from a headline and doesn't read all of it. Most states don't try people under 18 as adults.

But in general we don't even need to talk about kids since torture is forbidden in conventions signed by the US.

How does this relate to what Big Chief Stove said? It sounds like you're saying what happened to native children is okay.

Hell no it wasn't OK but singling out the U.S. on this is not honest.

Idk, the us has their hands in other countries child labor messes too. They have benefitted from it here and elsewhere.

Sure some business her profit from child labor which is wrong and the government tries to stop.

Other countries business also profit from it also and all western governments try and stop child labor.

Yes the US did shit things and just because other countries did doesn't excuse the U.S. but a lot of other countries did shit things to kids and to try and single the U.S. out is wrong.

Back