The US government tortures children (Human Rights Watch)

Maybe you didnt notice, but at least I thought I already answered that. I said that I personally think torturing a child is not justifiable in any situation. I know its possible to come up with some theoretical situations where that could be the case (if you could save two child from being tortured by torturing one child, etc.) but I hope you are not going to justify US actions with that type of excuse because you would have no evidence to show that have been the case in those situations.

I hope this now answered your question. You dont have to take this so seriously, the fact that US is torturing children of foreign countries is not your or any of us fault here.

I can tell English isn't your first language. Your first claim in bold contradicts your second claim.

Let's take a hypothetical. A child has information on a group that has nuclear warheads, which they intend to fire. Of course it is justifiable in this case.

Given the hundreds of people killed this year alone, and the untold number of people that are going to be killed in the future lets play this out. We can't condemn the U.S. based on the fact that we don't have their intelligence as it is likely classified. If you accept that there are theoretical situations where it is justifiable, then you must accept you don't know if the United States was justified in these situations or not.

Last edited:
good for you and your hopes of personal vindication

I for one hope Im around to see a day where the US((and all the other western countries)) are run by true representatives of the people and not corporations with hidden nefarious agendas , and in the case of the US and Canada....that we become a real beacon of freedom and set an example not thru enforcement but thru actions((in our own countries)) that exemplify freedom and truth.......that we were meant to be at our onset

I'm with you on that, don't get me wrong. I'm not a U.S. Government apologist, awful things have been done, namely the representatives not representing us being my focal point. I hope there is great change regarding the people that make it into office to.

And I wish you were right about their actions against our civilization being justified, but evidence from the holy books shows that their religion is incompatible with secular society. Regardless of our past mistakes, the dangers are real.

I don't like the path the United States is on, but I do firmly believe in the principles of the founding fathers. Namely that of separation of church and state. And we must treat cautiously if we wish to maintain this.

An article by Dr.Paul Craig Roberts based on HRW reseach:

"From my reading of the report, Israel and the US are the two worst abusers. Boko Haram is a distant third".

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-us-government-tortures-children/5539253

Report by Human Rights Watch:

https://www.hrw.org/report/2016/07/...t-children-detained-national-security-threats
How does this make you feel? Im especially interested to hear what people living in the US think.
I don't see any specifics about abusing children in this entire article. No stats or specific accusations.

This article is blatantly bias. Objective journalists don't refer to Hillary as Hitlery. Especially more than once in the same article.

I respect your opinion. As long as people dont try to be in denial about the subject, its fine. I just want to hear how these types of things make people feel, especially people who are US citizens.
Don't want to hear people denying it? There's nothing to deny other than a baseless claim in the beginning of the article.

The "Prophet" Muhammed is the most famous child rapist in history. How does that make Muslims feel?

I don't believe torture as I don't believe you get good information that way.

However as far as "underage" combatants you must deal with them for the most part as you do any combatant. They are trying to kill you and will just as quick or quicker then the others.

If they are captured you have to detain them the same as any enemy.

Do I have to form your arguments for you like a child?

The US used to force Native American children into State run reprogramming schools. Literally kidnapped these children. Once in the school the goal was to cut all their hair, beat them for not speaking English and make them good Christian Americans. Physical, emotional, sexual assault was rampant in these schools.

There's an actual example of the US's history of child abuse.

Do I have to form your arguments for you like a child?

The US used to force Native American children into State run reprogramming schools. Literally kidnapped these children. Once in the school the goal was to cut all their hair, beat them for not speaking English and make them good Christian Americans. Physical, emotional, sexual assault was rampant in these schools.

There's an actual example of the US's history of child abuse.

Yes so did Canada and Australia and many other countries.

And native Americans took other native American children and Mexican children and some white children.

So I'm not sure what your point is.

And native Americans took other native American children and Mexican children and some white children.

Can you tell us more about that?

Article seems incredibly biased. "Taking into account that the US is responsible for the violence in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria that has resulted in torture and detention"

I'm going to use this to make a point, though much more can be said. To say that the U.S. is responsible for violence in Iraq, a country formerly led by dictator Saddam Hussein, I can't take it seriously

why not? forget the fact that saddam was an ally of the US and they were staunch supporters of his regime through the worst of how he treated his people and iranians, violence was much less through the time of saddam and iraq was a much better place under saddam than now under shia and sunni extremists and general lawlessness through large parts of the country.

why not? forget the fact that saddam was an ally of the US and they were staunch supporters of his regime through the worst of how he treated his people and iranians, violence was much less through the time of saddam and iraq was a much better place under saddam than now under shia and sunni extremists and general lawlessness through large parts of the country.

The violence was there regardless of what we did. And yes, we did make it worse.

I was rebutting the claim that we are the cause of violence in the region. Sure we made it worse, but it was there regardless.

It is called school, the way the format is right now. It is torture. I feel bad about it since I went through it. I will not put my kids through if I have have it.

You said it my friend.

I don't believe it for a second. If it were true, the Left in America would be all over that like stink on shit. It would be wall to wall on every possible news and information outlet. It would be used in all there national campaigning shit, and likely would result in a groundswell of emotional support. The fact that it hasn't, the fact that Hillary Clinton and the DNC and the rest of the Soros funded have not, tells me this is bullshit..

NEVER underestimate the Clinton machine, just look at what they were prepared to do to Bernie.

The left, and SJW, are like BLM regarding what and why they bish.

The violence was there regardless of what we did. And yes, we did make it worse.

I was rebutting the claim that we are the cause of violence in the region. Sure we made it worse, but it was there regardless.

you are the cause of the violence. (i mean your country) the violent iraqi government and sunni militias exist and were able to take parts of the country because the US invaded the country over a lie and didnt listen to the U.N. one of the dumbest and unjustified wars. they completely destroyed the previous national army and administration and let a bunch of unqualified thugs take over.

I'm not saying torture is okay, in fact torture is disgusting in my opinion and doesn't work as well as we think, but were these kids strapping bombs on themselves or firing A.K.'s at US soldiers? It would make a difference.

I remember watching a Vice doc about child jihadist and how they were used by mullahs because they were unsuspecting and the US soldier had too much of a heart to stop them. If that is the case then what do you suppose Army intelligence do?

Their enemy uses and abuses these kids too (again not right) but if that is the war we are in how do we fight it? They use kids as human shields so they can bomb and destroy people they hate. That is the disgusting ideology they espouse.

So how do I feel about torture of children? I think it is despicable but the adults that gave them weapons made them enemy combatants and enemies of the US aren't given tea and crumpets for shooting at people when they get detained.

Did Saddam use children for shields? He may have I dont know. Did the Taliban use them. Well the Taliban use to be the Mujjies, and we made the mujjies.

you are the cause of the violence. (i mean your country) the violent iraqi government and sunni militias exist and were able to take parts of the country because the US invaded the country over a lie and didnt listen to the U.N. one of the dumbest and unjustified wars. they completely destroyed the previous national army and administration and let a bunch of unqualified thugs take over.

No, violence was going on long before under Saddam's rule. But the gist of what you're saying is accurate.

Yes, yes indeed.

Can't speak for Australia, but my point is that the US has a well documented history of abusing children.

Back