The upcoming 6 main events

Revenue is up, rights fees are up, those are also facts.

"Save this and talk to me in 5 years" - please, I've heard this since the EZboard days. UFC is dying. Pride will reign supreme. Strikeforce will take over.

Here, check this out: 2000 Sherdog. 5th post from the bottom:

AS8rNQF.jpg

Will you guys give it a rest already?
{<jordan}
Tito vs Bruce Lee lol
Sherdog hasn't changed.

I really don't know why they thought hunt and oleynik as the main event would be a good idea. think probably the fight is pretty quick, I think that's the thought here, either hunt KO's him quick or he gets ezekiel'd. oh it's in russia, but still
They're getting a shit ton of money from the ESPN deal. 2017 was their best financial year. According to Sherdog they've been dying since 2001.
well but the viewers are actually dropping, interest is down. if WME conned ESPN, that's another thing

I'm pumped for Hunt vs Oly. Someone is going to sleep, by KO or choke.

I know! Brock Vs. Conor for every main event the rest of 2018 please.

2 types of fans
1 fans that are excited for style match ups
2 fans that are excited for media hype (drama)

You could make a great main card if you put all of them on the same pov.

All those main events look good to me.

It would take combining the next five cards together to even get something to remotely resemble a decent PPV.

Just stop paying them any money for their shit effort cards, they'll come around.

UFC needs to have fewer shows/ppvs, period.
Only 2 of those are PPV's and Conor vs. Khabib will probably be the biggest one this year. I agree those aren't the most exciting fight night mains we've seen but the price is right and sometimes the best fights are between guys who are hungry.

Fight promotion via PPV model = old school

Multiple platform content provider and advertising exposure = new school

Back