The upcoming 6 main events

They're getting a shit ton of money from the ESPN deal. 2017 was their best financial year. According to Sherdog they've been dying since 2001.

Viewership is down. That is a fact.

The UFC and their new owners can put their spin on it any way they want.....save this and talk to me in 5 years. ESPN will lose interest once their numbers are affected. They will get dropped.

And boxing Fury vs Pianeta KSI vs Logan September Joshua vs Povetkin Alvarez vs GGG Usyk vs Bealwu Whyte vs Chisora Lomachenko vs Beltrand Garcia vs Spence Wilder vs Fury

One of these is not like the others...

Your expectations are a bit high. Fight nights are usually subpar. You want stacked cards you're gonna have to wait for PPVs.

I'm not sure what more you can ask for from the Conor and Woodley main events. Those are about as good as main events get.

Lmao. Did you see Woodley's last two fights?

A lot of people claimed the UFC took a small percentage off of Conor's cut, and I knew that was BS from the beginning. They're a major partner in this just like Mayweather and McGregor, 180 million is like 3 PPVs with 1 million buys, and they put in very little in terms of promotional resources, so the profit margin for that 180 million must be very high. Also, in the year where Conor didn't even fight, he's still responsible for over 25% of the UFC revenue.

{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}
I mean there's no way to argue he has a huge impact I just didn't realize it was 1 fight = over 100 million of profit kind of impact

The UFC and their new owners can put their spin on it any way they want.....save this and talk to me in 5 years.

Revenue is up, rights fees are up, those are also facts.

"Save this and talk to me in 5 years" - please, I've heard this since the EZboard days. UFC is dying. Pride will reign supreme. Strikeforce will take over.

Here, check this out: 2000 Sherdog. 5th post from the bottom:

AS8rNQF.jpg

Will you guys give it a rest already?

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/6/...-llc-made-well-over-700-million-last-year-mma

It's almost like billion dollar business owners know more about billion dollar businesses than Sherdog financial analysts.

Their business model is changing and they're no longer a fight promotion that relies mainly on PPVs. They're now an international content provider that relies heavily on rights fees.

Wow. MayMac made more money for WME than I expected. Funny but Conor really is worth that much to the company.

Makes me wonder how long he'll stick around and how things will go if/when he leaves.

Crazy that the Fertittas are still making additional money from the deal too.

They should try to get one more fight out of Ronda IMO.

The UFC and their new owners can put their spin on it any way they want.....save this and talk to me in 5 years. ESPN will lose interest once their numbers are affected. They will get dropped.

People said the same shit 2 years ago. In fact when people like me or FrankieNYC predicted they'd get a huge new TV deal we were shit on. Guess what the new TV deal is fucking huge.

YPu are still predicting the UFC's downfall like a month after they signed a billion dollar tv/streaming deal and locked Conor back up. Plus have Conor, Nate and Gsp all returning this fall. You are completely out of touch.

Two are good. The rest are not worthy of being main events.

People said the same shit 2 years ago. In fact when people like me or FrankieNYC predicted they'd get a huge new TV deal we were shit on. Guess what the new TV deal is fucking huge.

YPu are still predicting the UFC's downfall like a month after they signed a billion dollar tv/streaming deal and locked Conor back up. Plus have Conor, Nate and Gsp all returning this fall. You are completely out of touch.

Like I said, if viewship # are trending downwards, that TV deal will only carry them so far. If people aren't watching, ESPN will not buck up again.

I hope i'm wrong, I miss the days of the solid PPVs once every other month, with loaded cards. Hopefully they will come up with a more entertaining product/cards.

Im interested in Volkan vs Smith.

No Main Event but im really looking forward to Zabit vs Yair.

Like I said, if viewship # are trending downwards, that TV deal will only carry them so far. If people aren't watching, ESPN will not buck up again.

I hope i'm wrong, I miss the days of the solid PPVs once every other month, with loaded cards. Hopefully they will come up with a more entertaining product/cards.

They put 2 title fights on the last card, with 2 top 5 p4p fighters and it was called a mediocre card

Hunt is 44 and Oleinik 41.. lmao. I think this is the first time two guys who are both over 40 headline a UFC event?

I know my math isn't the best but I think randy and mark were both over 40 when ufc 109 happened.

With the money they are paying Conor they will be cutting corners and skimming off the top for awhile. I just hope for a decent co-main for 229 ... that's all I want.
Edit: fuck it i just want Conor and Khabib to make the walk. I say it's a healthy 45 percent chance at the moment.

only 2 of those main events are ppv so i aint crying. It seems UFC is making the fights we wanna see so i aint doggin them at the moment.

take off the connor vs khabib fight, put the other 5 on one solid card, whats the problem here boyz

Back