The Unending List of Tyron Woodley Callouts (GSP, Conor, Khabib, Diaz, Bisping, Canelo . . . Israel)

Woodley is fucking annoying. Praying he loses a couple more and ends up fighting Hendricks in back yard bare knuckle competitions.

KO includes technical ones, includes glass jaws, includes accumulation of punches.
Yeah, which Woodley has 7 of in 19 wins, only 3 being by KO and not TKO. Guess he really doesn't have power then either. He'd have less of a puncher's chance against Canelo than Conor did against Floyd, by a wide margin too.

Honestly, aside of Canelo in boxing, Prime Woodley would've beaten all of them

When was Woodley in his prime in your opinion?

In the Strikeforce era when Marquardt KOed him? In his early UFC years when he lost to Shields and was dismantled by Rory? His run as champ which ended in embarrassment by Usman?

My point isn't that Woodley sucks. He doesn't. He's damn good and an all time great WW. But never at any point in his career was he beating all these guys.

You can fault Tyron for a lot of things,, but I don't care to bash him for his callouts. Like everyone else, the dude is trying to get paid.

When was Woodley in his prime in your opinion?

In the Strikeforce era when Marquardt KOed him? In his early UFC years when he lost to Shields and was dismantled by Rory? His run as champ which ended in embarrassment by Usman?

My point isn't that Woodley sucks. He doesn't. He's damn good and an all time great WW. But never at any point in his career was he beating all these guys.
Fighters often peak 9-10 years after their first MMA bout and then start declining. Woodley is just now exiting his prime IMO, yes he lost to the better man Usman, but none of these guys can offer what Usman has (cardio + pressure wrestling and striking + size advantage).

He's got a punchers chance. And it's certainly bigger than most peoples. No racism.

Its funny that people are still clinging to the realistic probability of the MMA fighter KOing the most elite boxers in the world, after watching Mayweather literally walk straight into Conor McGregor for multiple rounds essentially without punching just to prove that McGregor couldn't possibly hurt him.

And Canelo is not going to play those kind of games.

Last edited:
Like BJ said. Shut up and BE the money fight.

I miss the days when fighters said, "Just put someone in front of me."

of course I get it but Woodley calling out Canelo is like me buying a lottery ticket. Conor and Floyd had some history in their social media and had been brewing plus Conor was the most popular mma fighter in the world. The call out never seemed stupid it just seemed unrealistic.

Woodley va canelo would literally flop, no one would watch that shit and Woodley would still be paid peanuts for it because he wouldn’t bring one extra butt to any seat. Conor was the main reason the Floyd fight was such a success

I know what Woodley is trying to do but it make him look desperate and retarded
Sooo someone criticizing you for buying a lottery ticket would be frivolous by your same analogy?Also Tyron Woodley has about a .1% chance of Canelo entertaining a fight with him. Probably wont happen but better than zero percent from not trying. Again knocking a man for shooting his shot is a phenomenon I see mostly on sherdog. Anywhere else in the world it's called hating. Same type of guys that clown a man trying to talk to a chick then get mad when he succeeds. Beta shit

Sooo someone criticizing you for buying a lottery ticket would be frivolous by your same analogy?Also Tyron Woodley has about a .1% chance of Canelo entertaining a fight with him. Probably wont happen but better than zero percent from not trying. Again knocking a man for shooting his shot is a phenomenon I see mostly on sherdog. Anywhere else in the world it's called hating. Same type of guys that clown a man trying to talk to a chick then get mad when he succeeds. Beta shit

Obviously when talking about the lottery ticket I was talking about the percentage of probability of me winning vs him getting the shot. Obviously its different since he is a famous professional fighter and doing dumb shit like this affects his career and fan base it makes him look desperate and stupid and when you have a KO loss to a much inferior striker it makes you look even worse. If I buy a lottery ticket no one finds out about how many times I lose before/until I win.

And no, stop defending bullshit behavior like this, a guy like Woodley has not earned the right to call out someone like Canelo. Conor did because his fame level was even bigger than Floyd’s, he’s the main reason that fight sold so much. Tyron can’t even sell a UFC card to his fucking family, why would anyone want to see Canelo fight him? It’s a ridiculous call out, one of the dumbest in the history of call outs, I cannot think of a worse one, I would rather see CM Punk vs Canelo than Woodley.

Woodley could not beat any of the others mentioned. Much less Canelo in boxing match.

Obviously when talking about the lottery ticket I was talking about the percentage of probability of me winning vs him getting the shot. Obviously its different since he is a famous professional fighter and doing dumb shit like this affects his career and fan base it makes him look desperate and stupid and when you have a KO loss to a much inferior striker it makes you look even worse. If I buy a lottery ticket no one finds out about how many times I lose before/until I win.

And no, stop defending bullshit behavior like this, a guy like Woodley has not earned the right to call out someone like Canelo. Conor did because his fame level was even bigger than Floyd’s, he’s the main reason that fight sold so much. Tyron can’t even sell a UFC card to his fucking family, why would anyone want to see Canelo fight him? It’s a ridiculous call out, one of the dumbest in the history of call outs, I cannot think of a worse one, I would rather see CM Punk vs Canelo than Woodley.
The thing is there is no bullshit behavior and it absolutely doesnt affect these fake "fans" in his "fanbase" in any capacity. He tried to get a fight outside of mma that would make him a lot of money. Anyone that is "upset" about that is probably sitting back waiting for a reason to cry about him in any regard. The bottom line is 90% of these same people crying would tune in if he somehow succeeded in getting that fight. So all the so called "bullshit behavior" is just another grown man mad that another man is trying to do something outside what they want. It's pretty pathetic from what I see

The thing is there is no bullshit behavior and it absolutely doesnt affect these fake "fans" in his "fanbase" in any capacity. He tried to get a fight outside of mma that would make him a lot of money. Anyone that is "upset" about that is probably sitting back waiting for a reason to cry about him in any regard. The bottom line is 90% of these same people crying would tune in if he somehow succeeded in getting that fight. So all the so called "bullshit behavior" is just another grown man mad that another man is trying to do something outside what they want. It's pretty pathetic from what I see

so if CM Punk challenges Deontay wilder to a boxing match you’ll be behind him for trying to make some money?

so if CM Punk challenges Deontay wilder to a boxing match you’ll be behind him for trying to make some money?
Who gives a flying fuck if he does? If he does and I'm interested I would tune in. Anything other than that is of zero consequence for me.

Who gives a flying fuck if he does? If he does and I'm interested I would tune in. Anything other than that is of zero consequence for me.

well I believe one shouldn’t aspire to something ridiculous out loud unless they’ve earned it.

might as well tweet “hey Jeff bezos make me Amazon CEO”

you never know, right? And he has about the same chance of that happening than a canelo fight.

well I believe one shouldn’t aspire to something ridiculous out loud unless they’ve earned it.

might as well tweet “hey Jeff bezos make me Amazon CEO”

you never know, right? And he has about the same chance of that happening than a canelo fight.
Who am I to call a recent UFC champions aspiration of fighting another great fighter in another sport ridiculous? Who am I to do anything but determine if I would tune in or not? Since I would tune in and I presume you would to perhaps shutting the hell up would be a better option for me. At the end of the day Woodley pursuing his aspirations is only cause for vitriol if you have hate in you to begin with. Explain it away but it is what it is

Who am I to call a recent UFC champions aspiration of fighting another great fighter in another sport ridiculous? Who am I to do anything but determine if I would tune in or not? Since I would tune in and I presume you would to perhaps shutting the hell up would be a better option for me. At the end of the day Woodley pursuing his aspirations is only cause for vitriol if you have hate in you to begin with. Explain it away but it is what it is

Give yourself more credit, you are a fan who pays for the thing and has every right to criticize it if it is ridiculous. And there are consequences. When a guy who seemed unbeatable in MMA just two years ago is seen as a has been in his sport and has to resort to calling out stars from another, it just looks bad, makes mma look like a lesser sport. It doesn’t seem like a possible avengers type crossover the way conor and Floyd was, more of a beggar trying to get paid for something he hasn’t earned. In what planet has Woodley earned calling canelo out ?

it makes him look bad. There’s a reason this thread exists. I get your point but you must understand I have one as well and it is shared by many here and they can’t just be explained or thrown away by saying “hate”

Give yourself more credit, you are a fan who pays for the thing and has every right to criticize it if it is ridiculous. And there are consequences. When a guy who seemed unbeatable in MMA just two years ago is seen as a has been in his sport and has to resort to calling out stars from another, it just looks bad, makes mma look like a lesser sport. It doesn’t seem like a possible avengers type crossover the way conor and Floyd was, more of a beggar trying to get paid for something he hasn’t earned. In what planet has Woodley earned calling canelo out ?

it makes him look bad. There’s a reason this thread exists. I get your point but you must understand I have one as well and it is shared by many here and they can’t just be explained or thrown away by saying “hate”
You can church it up how you choose but complaining about things that are of no c

The notion Woodley is a has been is an example of why I understand why he SHOULD pursue every money fight he can. No matter what he does there will be many tuned in to see him lose or not tuning in claiming he is boring or whatever. You talk about give myself more credit? Did you miss the part where I said if I didnt want to see Woodley vs Canelo I wouldnt watch? Meaning it's of no consequence to me. Since I would watch what the fuck would I complain for?

You can church it up how you choose but complaining about things that are of no c

The notion Woodley is a has been is an example of why I understand why he SHOULD pursue every money fight he can. No matter what he does there will be many tuned in to see him lose or not tuning in claiming he is boring or whatever. You talk about give myself more credit? Did you miss the part where I said if I didnt want to see Woodley vs Canelo I wouldnt watch? Meaning it's of no consequence to me. Since I would watch what the fuck would I complain for?

everyone finds it annoying when people who don’t deserve something think they do, it’s human nature. Woodley is running his big mouth at the risk of annoying people and looking like an idiot, because of the ridiculous off chance that he might get a millionaire fight vs canelo.

a lot of people are annoyed and think he is an idiot and unless the fight happens he will go down as just that. There are consequences to actions, if not every single mma fighter out there would be challenging canelo and Tyson fury just in case it works.

everyone finds it annoying when people who don’t deserve something think they do, it’s human nature. Woodley is running his big mouth at the risk of annoying people and looking like an idiot, because of the ridiculous off chance that he might get a millionaire fight vs canelo.

a lot of people are annoyed and think he is an idiot and unless the fight happens he will go down as just that. There are consequences to actions, if not every single mma fighter out there would be challenging canelo and Tyson fury just in case it works.
Who are you as a fan to decide what a professional fighter deserves? Again the only decision you have as a fan that truly matters is whether to tune in or not. You use the word entitled but I dont think you quite know what it means. To me an extreme false sense of entitlement is telling someone they dont deserve something that isnt yours to give. Is Tyron holding up a belt? No then either tune in or dont. Personally I dont think GSP should get to pick his money fights but since it affects a belt or belts in a division when he wins against said cherrypicked opponents and undoubtedly "retires" when it's time to defend that makes sense. However I may tune in to his fight so I shut the fuck up. You seem to be bitter that this man is living his life regardless of your opinion of his decisions. That's vitriol. Or in terms you seem uncomfortable with, Hate

Back