News The Ultimate Fighter 31 (McGregor/Chandler) / Dana White Contender Series Season 7 Signings

FqbiwROWIAAvDFC

FqbiwoIXsAAjl-Z

Cool! Has that classic TUF feel.

If I'm doing power rankings

BW
1. Timur Valiev
bit of a gap
2. Cody Gibson
3. Brad Katona
4. Hunter Azure
5. Rico DiSciullio
6. Carlos Vera
7. Mando Gutierrez
8. Trevor Wells

LW
1. Roosevelt Roberts
2. Lee Hammond
3. Nate Jennerman
4. Aaron McKenzie
5. Landon Quinones
6. Austin Hubbard
7. Kurt Holobaugh
8. Jason Knight

BW
1. Timur Valiev
bit of a gap
2. Cody Gibson
3. Brad Katona
4. Hunter Azure
5. Rico DiSciullio
6. Carlos Vera
7. Mando Gutierrez
8. Trevor Wells

LW
1. Roosevelt Roberts
2. Lee Hammond
3. Nate Jennerman
4. Aaron McKenzie
5. Landon Quinones
6. Austin Hubbard
7. Kurt Holobaugh
8. Jason Knight

Holobaugh has got to be higher. I think he has been a tough luck fighter and he may turn that around here.

Holobaugh has got to be higher. I think he has been a tough luck fighter and he may turn that around here.

tbh there isn't a lot in it at 155 I don't think. I think there's quite a big gap between the top guys at 135 and the guys at the bottom but at 155 anyone from 1-7 is pretty interchangeable. It's only Knight I think is shot, every other LW is good.

36 year old Holobaugh going for another UFC run through TUF ?

36 year old Holobaugh going for another UFC run through TUF ?

That's a bit of the theme here I'm sure. Gibson is 35. If they plan on fighting for a few more years, it's worth it. The exposure again will bring them a higher pay day elsewhere even if they don't make it.

OK so I've been thinking. It seems that there are 4 Rookies and 4 Veterans in each weight class.

Do we know anything about the format? Will all the Rookies be on one team and all the Vets on another?
If so, that's dumb.

What I think they should do is have 2 vets and 2 rookies on each team in each weight class.

For fight picks, all opening round matchups could be Veteran vs Rookie. Once a fight is picked, the other one is automatic. After the opening round it opens up, but I think that is what they should do so that there is a mix of rookies and veterans on each team, but it keeps the rookies vs vets theme.

Reactions: TCE
OK so I've been thinking. It seems that there are 4 Rookies and 4 Veterans in each weight class.

Do we know anything about the format? Will all the Rookies be on one team and all the Vets on another?
If so, that's dumb.

What I think they should do is have 2 vets and 2 rookies on each team in each weight class.

For fight picks, all opening round matchups could be Veteran vs Rookie. Once a fight is picked, the other one is automatic. After the opening round it opens up, but I think that is what they should do so that there is a mix of rookies and veterans on each team, but it keeps the rookies vs vets theme.

I agree with your format. Hopefully it's actually like that.

I still can't believe Will Brooks didn't get on, even after he was campaigning to get on.

Brooks on Chandlers team would have been gold.

Rico DiSciullio is solid as hell. Problem is, he’s going to be 37 in October, so a tad too old to be a prospect at this point. He’s talented enough to win the whole damn show, but he’d be like the Spanish heavyweight that won TUF 28 and have a limited shelf in the UFC.

BW
1. Timur Valiev
bit of a gap
2. Cody Gibson
3. Brad Katona
4. Hunter Azure
5. Rico DiSciullio
6. Carlos Vera
7. Mando Gutierrez
8. Trevor Wells

LW
1. Roosevelt Roberts
2. Lee Hammond
3. Nate Jennerman
4. Aaron McKenzie
5. Landon Quinones
6. Austin Hubbard
7. Kurt Holobaugh
8. Jason Knight
Just saw this post and the roster.

Azure beat Katona in the UFC. Would put both above Gibson (who is admittedly underrated. still can't fucking believe he lost to gamburyan). Valiev is #1 in the group, but not by that wide of a margin.

Roosevelt Roberts is a massive disappointment. I could easily see Hubbard and a prime Knight beating him.

I'm looking forward to this TUF, gonna be fun no doubt. I can't even recall the last series I watched to be honest.

First fight an incredibly early stop . I guess on tuf of you get a knock down all you need is 1 or 2 hammer fist attempts whether it lands or nor fight is stopped.

First fight an incredibly early stop . I guess on tuf of you get a knock down all you need is 1 or 2 hammer fist attempts whether it lands or nor fight is stopped.

The replay showed that the ref was correct and that he was out(very briefly). I believe they showed two different angles of the ending. The second angle is the one where it was pretty clear that he was out. The initial footage, I thought it was kinda an early stoppage as well. It was pretty similar to "flash" KO's we've seen before.

Back