The UFC's biggest attempt of a hype job is returning

I'm talking about Sean O'Malley, the untested BW who has made his way onto the 248 main card after a year and a half suspension-induced inactivity. For those who don't know/remember him, he's a knockout artist who got his contract on the contender series. The guy's is a stoner who plays a lot of video games (he actually claims he makes $4800 a month on twitch). Naturally, this combined with his fighting style has Dana believing that Sean's a very marketable fighter. How do I know this? I was browsing through the UFC's online store the other day, and noticed that O'Malley's one of four BWs to have his own exclusive merchandise page. The other three BWs are Cejudo, Garbrandt, and Dillashaw. That's awfully good company for a guy whose UFC career consists of two decision wins against guys who are no longer on the roster. He remains undefeated however in his ten pro fights, so maybe the guy is for real.

Of course those of you who know him also know that Sean's 18 month absence is due to him repeatedly testing positive for ostarine. Now I consider myself a guy who's very skeptical about fighter guilt when it comes to PED usage, as we've come to learn that a lot of the supplements fighters take are contaminated with banned substances. However, I believe O'Malley's been an active juicer throughout the span of his pro career. Why? It's because this guy is a BW whose record consists of three one punch knockouts in ten pro fights. There are only two other UFC fighters I could find who have three or more one punch ko's in their first ten pro fights; Till and Rozenstruik. These guys are big power punchers. Sean on the other hand is a very skinny guy. I'm sorry, but this comes off as some fishy ass shit. Unfortunately for Uncle Dana, USADA has prevented him from milking who he perceives to be a potential cash cow.

Personally, I can't stand all this shit. The fact that Sean is on a huge PPV main card and has how own merch page is disrespectful af to all the battle-tested veterans of the organization. Not to mention, the guy comes off as a total douche.

I think a 248 victory over Quinonez is going to generate a lot of undeserved discussion regarding this guy. What do you guys think of this golden child, his past/ped history, and Sean's overall potential as a prospect?

You say he's always been a juicer....based on him taking Ostarine? you do realize that Ostarine is NOT steroid...it's a rather week sarm or peptide...one of those 2...but it's not strong at all....certainly not a steroid of any kind.

Here's a bonus.

The only time I ever got a gf to watch a fight, it happened to be Alexander/ Slice.
They both came off their stools and stood huffing and puffing, bent over with hands on knees.

I remember her asking in an unimpressed tone, "Is all fighting like this??"

should have her watch stann vs Wandy...haha now that was a great fight while it lasted.

This guy has been great to watch.

Love seeing a skinny weirdo KO people.

Looking forward to this fight!

Is he on the main card?
https://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-248-Adesanya-vs-Romero-83251

His fight is the fifth fight of the night on a card with 13 fights, that's definitely not the main card.

As for the fact that he has a separate merchandise page, does anyone buy that ugly merchandise anyway?

My whole opinion on the subject can be summed up like this

giphy.gif

It's on the main card. Look it up.

why don't you look it up and provide a source for the claims you are making, because the UFC website's event page doesn't have the main card finalized:

https://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-248

and the wiki page shows the O'malley fight at the bottom of the card

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_248

Look it up where?

source.gif

<{vega}>

Back