The UFC's biggest attempt of a hype job is returning

winkydinks

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm talking about Sean O'Malley, the untested BW who has made his way onto the 248 main card after a year and a half suspension-induced inactivity. For those who don't know/remember him, he's a knockout artist who got his contract on the contender series. The guy's is a stoner who plays a lot of video games (he actually claims he makes $4800 a month on twitch). Naturally, this combined with his fighting style has Dana believing that Sean's a very marketable fighter. How do I know this? I was browsing through the UFC's online store the other day, and noticed that O'Malley's one of four BWs to have his own exclusive merchandise page. The other three BWs are Cejudo, Garbrandt, and Dillashaw. That's awfully good company for a guy whose UFC career consists of two decision wins against guys who are no longer on the roster. He remains undefeated however in his ten pro fights, so maybe the guy is for real.

Of course those of you who know him also know that Sean's 18 month absence is due to him repeatedly testing positive for ostarine. Now I consider myself a guy who's very skeptical about fighter guilt when it comes to PED usage, as we've come to learn that a lot of the supplements fighters take are contaminated with banned substances. However, I believe O'Malley's been an active juicer throughout the span of his pro career. Why? It's because this guy is a BW whose record consists of three one punch knockouts in ten pro fights. There are only two other UFC fighters I could find who have three or more one punch ko's in their first ten pro fights; Till and Rozenstruik. These guys are big power punchers. Sean on the other hand is a very skinny guy. I'm sorry, but this comes off as some fishy ass shit. Unfortunately for Uncle Dana, USADA has prevented him from milking who he perceives to be a potential cash cow.

Personally, I can't stand all this shit. The fact that Sean is on a huge PPV main card and has how own merch page is disrespectful af to all the battle-tested veterans of the organization. Not to mention, the guy comes off as a total douche.

I think a 248 victory over Quinonez is going to generate a lot of undeserved discussion regarding this guy. What do you guys think of this golden child, his past/ped history, and Sean's overall potential as a prospect?

Conor already won his return fight.
<BronTroll1>
But yeah, fuck this Sean guy too.

I can't believe the UFC is giving Houston Alexander another shot.

I'm talking about Sean O'Malley, the untested BW who has made his way onto the 248 main card

Is he on the main card?
https://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-248-Adesanya-vs-Romero-83251

His fight is the fifth fight of the night on a card with 13 fights, that's definitely not the main card.

As for the fact that he has a separate merchandise page, does anyone buy that ugly merchandise anyway?

My whole opinion on the subject can be summed up like this

giphy.gif

I thought Philippe Mover was returning.

O'Malley is one of these young guys who goes to Youtube for new flashy techniques but doesn't pay any mind to the fundamentals which underline them. That's why he can spin kick a guy in the head for 15 minutes and come off looking more fatigued than the other guy looks damaged.

He's entertaining at least but the obvious UFC hype behind him since day one is off-putting. Dana is like a real version of Vince McMahon's pro wrestling character. When you fight a UFC golden boy, you're up against the entire promotion and you know for sure they've picked you to lose and will likely stack the deck against you.

He’ll be fine unfortunately because stoners love em and boomers hate em. Which means everyone's watching

oh shit erick silva is returning?!?!?!
legit prospect

That's awfully good company for a guy whose UFC career consists of two decision wins against guys who are no longer on the roster.

....wait....
So Andre SukyFightIQ got released?

I laughed at this. Thanks for making me feel old.
Here's a bonus.

The only time I ever got a gf to watch a fight, it happened to be Alexander/ Slice.
They both came off their stools and stood huffing and puffing, bent over with hands on knees.

I remember her asking in an unimpressed tone, "Is all fighting like this??"

Cant stand this guy for a number of reasons, but primarily it's because he has that uber self-conscious hip millennial attitude. Not a fan of his performances inside the cage, either.

If I remember this thread, I'll be rooting for OMalley during his next fight.

This guy is a joke. They are trying to get the 420 millennial market on board. AND he’s a cheat!

This kid is such an industry plant that sherdog mods deleted my thread and a bunch of threads right after his fight with Souk, all of them mentioned how fishy that third round was and they were mysteriously gone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back