The UFC'S 145lb plan. Heard it here first!!!!

Xyiencemma

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Mendes is not getting the top of the food chain fights, Edgar is tied up with tuf and I might be wrong but last I heard Cub is without a fight. The UFC is giving Mendes middle tier fighters so he can't claim he deserves the rematch with Aldo but keeping him busy so they can hype him up down the road as a guy on a great winning streak. Edgar is conveniently doing tuf against BJ and last I heard Cub does not have a fight.

It's pretty simple if you think about it. There taking the 3 guys that have lost to Aldo and keeping them away from him but busy so they can let Aldo clean out the division. He has almost done that and then they will move him up to fight Pettis at 155. I can see it now! Frankie Edgar vs Chad Mendes for the vacant UFC featherweight belt. Edgar is coming off 2 fantastic performances against rising prospect Charles Oliveira and his 3rd win over a motivated in shape BJ Penn who was the most dominant 155lb fighter in the history of the sport.

Money Mendes has looked like a killer knocking out opponents left and right and is a very hungry man looking to add Frankie Edgar to his list of victims in this battle for the vacant 145lb gold. Waiting in the wings is Cub Swanson (Insert Hype).

You heard it here folks!!!!!!

Mendes is not getting the top of the food chain fights, Edgar is tied up with tuf and I might be wrong but last I heard Cub is without a fight. The UFC is giving Mendes middle tier fighters so he can't claim he deserves the rematch with Aldo but keeping him busy so they can hype him up down the road as a guy on a great winning streak. Edgar is conveniently doing tuff against BJ and last I heard Cub does not have a fight.

It's pretty simple if you think about it. There taking the 3 guys that have lost to Aldo and keeping them away from him but busy so they can let Aldo clean out the division. He has almost done that and then they will move him up to fight Pettis at 155. I can see it now! Frankie Edgar vs Chad Mendes for the vacant UFC featherweight belt. Edgar is coming off 2 fantastic performances against rising prospect Charles Oliveira and his 3rd win over a motivated in shape BJ Penn who was the most dominant 155lb fighter in the history of the sport.

Money Mendes has looked like a killer knocking out opponents left and right and is a very hungry man looking to add Frankie Edgar to his list of victims in this battle for the vacant 145lb gold. Waiting in the wings is Cub Swanson (Insert Hype).

You heard it here folks!!!!!!

Stopped reading right there

tumblr_mg4ae9yqBs1r0ftodo1_500.gif

Stopped reading right there

Your right Cody Mckenzie, Yaotzin Meza(UFC Debut fighting recent title challenger), A declining Clay Guida(lost 3 out of last 4) Huge wins!!!!

Darren Elkins is a good win

GSP and AS ruled their division for YEARS, they haven't "cleaned out" their division. Silva lost eventually. Jones only been a champ for 2 years and people are saying he is cleaning the division which is NOT true.

There is no such thing as cleaning out a division. There will always be up and comers.

Where does Lamas fit into this tin foil hat theory?

Where does Lamas fit into this tin foil hat theory?

Notice how I said keeping the other 3 away while cleaning out the division. And then after that I said its about cleaned out. Lamas is the one getting cleaned that's why I didn't mention his name

Notice how I said keeping the other 3 away while cleaning out the division. And then after that I said its about cleaned out. Lamas is the one getting cleaned that's why I didn't mention his name

So you think Aldo is going to fight Lamas then go up to LW, Edgar will fight Mendes for the vacant title, and Cub will be "waiting in the wings" despite a string of impressive KOs?

Gotcha.

Quite possible! They can also set up BJ/Aldo is he manages to beat Edgar. That would be a big fight

So you think Aldo is going to fight Lamas then go up to LW, Edgar will fight Mendes for the vacant title, and Cub will be "waiting in the wings" despite a string of impressive KOs?Gotcha.

I do think Aldo will fight Lamas then move up. The Vacant title could be any combination of those 3 I just didn't want to type a thread wording so many different scenarios that would have been too much.

Quite possible! They can also set up BJ/Aldo is he manages to beat Edgar. That would be a big fight

That's exactly what would happen if bj wins but too type out several scenarios would take forever and be unpleasant to read

I do think Aldo will fight Lamas then move up. The Vacant title could be any combination of those 3 I just didn't want to type a thread wording 4 different scenarios that would have been too much.

And if Lentz beats Mendes which is very possible ?

I do think Aldo will fight Lamas then move up. The Vacant title could be any combination of those 3 I just didn't want to type a thread wording 4 different scenarios that would have been too much.

Ah ok. So Aldo will move up and then 2 of the remaining 3 fighters who have win streaks at the top of the div will fight for the title, but you're not sure who.

Thanks for pointing that out.

lol @ BJ fighting for the title NEXT with one win in the div, over Edgar.

Edit: all respect to BJ, but lol at him beating Edgar also.

Last edited:
The big problem with your theory is that they've tried to hook Mendes up with big names but they turn him down. Lamas has turned down that fight twice. Also Lentz is a fine fight for Mendes all things considered.

Your right Cody Mckenzie, Yaotzin Meza(UFC Debut fighting recent title challenger), A declining Clay Guida(lost 3 out of last 4) Huge wins!!!!

Darren Elkins is a good win

I hope you aren't seriously that retarded that I need to point out to you how last minute replacement fights work.

Of course this is Sherdog, so It's probably likely.

Yeah BJ will get put at the front of the line with a win against Frankie. Aldo/BJ would be insane

Back