The UFC WMMA p4p list illustrates how depressingly abysmal WMMA is

Screen-Shot-2021-06-18-at-8-00-48-AM.png

Top 3, absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Zhang and Weili have proven to be fantastic fighters, but how do you stay #4 p4p in ANY p4p list after getting KTFO in a minute?I love Joanna, but how are you #5 p4p when you're coming off a loss and you're 2-3 in your last 5 fights?

After that... it just gets ugly.

Jessica Andrade #6. Coming off a brutal TKO loss and 1-3 in her last 4.

GDR... the fighter who chose to relinquish her title because she was scared to fight the #1 contender.

Holly - again, respect to her, but she's at the end of her rope and is 4-5 in her last 9.

Carla Esparza - she's on a 5 fight win streak but 2 split decisions and 1 majority decision in there. Tough and scrappy but very mediocre.

Aspen Ladd - promising prospect but who has she beat? 1-1 in her last 2 which includes a 15 second KO loss.

11-15... what can you really say? Chookagian? Lauren Murphy? Oi vey...

I mean this is just brutal. We've all seen weak divisions, but if the UFC WMMA p4p list was it's own division, we'd be calling it a weak division. How sad is that?

There are only 3 weight classes in wmma. I bet if you try make a top 15 p4p using any three men's division it will also feature gatekeepers and fighters on losing streaks.

Dustin does not deserve to be ranked higher than the champion of his division.

He has a great resume, but the rankings do not reflect reality when the #1 contender is ranked higher than the champion.
How people don't understand the difference still fucking boggles me. What color crayons do i need to explain to you how people can be ranked higher divisionally, but lower p4p? Let me know.

But you're right, the rankings DON'T reflect n reality, but that's the divisional rankings, cuz they put a title match on without the most proven highest ranked guy around

Zhang and Weili have proven to be fantastic fighters, but how do you stay #4 p4p in ANY p4p list after getting KTFO in a minute?I love Joanna, but how are you #5 p4p when you're coming off a loss and you're 2-3 in your last 5 fights?

Zhang and Weili is the same person, that's first :)
Second, to be fair, quick KO loss doesn't suddenly mean the fighter's skills suck. Long fights wherr one person dominated the other for 25 minutes expose fighters, not quick KOs.

Thirdly, Joanna lost only to top 3 and split to Zhang, which could have gone either way. So how is she not deserving numer 5 spot?

Other than that, obviously most of WMMA is at vrry low level. I was kind of hoping to see Jessica Eye in there.. Then it would make total sense.

Yes he does. Just because they designated Oliveira's win over Michael Chandler....Michael Chandler LOL....as a "title fight" does not make it so.

Dustin beat everyone except Khabib, he's the actual champ. Can you imagine if Chandler had won that fight over Oliveira? And he were champ? And people like you would say he should be ranked above Dustin? Imagine that world.

Dustin is rated higher in Fight Matrix too. Oliveira's belt should have been interim or not at all.

After that... it just gets ugly.

Jessica Andrade #6. Coming off a brutal TKO loss and 1-3 in her last 4.

GDR... the fighter who chose to relinquish her title because she was scared to fight the #1 contender.

Holly - again, respect to her, but she's at the end of her rope and is 4-5 in her last 9.

Carla Esparza - she's on a 5 fight win streak but 2 split decisions and 1 majority decision in there. Tough and scrappy but very mediocre.

Aspen Ladd - promising prospect but who has she beat? 1-1 in her last 2 which includes a 15 second KO loss.

11-15... what can you really say? Chookagian? Lauren Murphy? Oi vey...

I mean this is just brutal. We've all seen weak divisions, but if the UFC WMMA p4p list was it's own division, we'd be calling it a weak division. How sad is that?
I think that’s a solid list. Not sure what your bone to pick is. You’ve got people very far down that list who have done a lot. Mackenzie Dern Is must see TV as far as I’m concerned, she’s a submission machine.

IMO this is actually one of the first times in WMMA in which there is some depth. Sure it’s too heavy. But the ladies rank 5-15 don’t feel like soccer moms or lunch ladies. They are legit competitors.

lol compare that list with the top 15 HW's

id rather watch MMA from the ladies then Men's HW.

shit look at the top 50 Men's HW and if you can with a str8 face say those are the 50 most dangerous Men in the world in hand to hand combat well shit your so indoctrinated in your beliefs that its pointless even to talk to you.

There's only 1 new top fighter, Weili, in recent years. That shows a lot, because the hope for WMMA is potential because of the newness of it. Yet there is almost zero progression on a top level. It's now been 8 years in the UFC. Yet Chookagian makes the list.
Kalya Harrison is coming. I have a feeling she will be top 10 P4P. That said again, most would be better served being in the kitchen or making a bed.

Reactions: MCS
WMMA has always been garbage but it’s a little troubling that it seems to be stagnating, or even getting worse in quality.

Esparza being on a win streak in 2021 is crazy. Holly Holm still stopping prospects when she’s in her mid 60s is crazy.

I thought 2-3 years ago that someone would close the gap between Nunes and the rest of 135. The gap looks bigger than ever now. Same for 125 and 145. At least 115 is a division that can sometimes produce decent and competitive title fights.

Dana's original lack-of-depth issue continues to be true to this day. I'm sure he and the Frittatas expected more than 2 years out of Ronda, and now they're stuck with an MMA subgenre that they can't get rid of (especially now that they're owned by Hollywood).

If only all those women fought in the same weight class. Pitty.

<{hughesimpress}>

Im just glad some of the OG's like Murphy are finally getting some respect.

Imagine ever allowing your brain to waste time analyzing WMMA...

Dana's original lack-of-depth issue continues to be true to this day. I'm sure he and the Frittatas expected more than 2 years out of Ronda, and now they're stuck with an MMA subgenre that they can't get rid of (especially now that they're owned by Hollywood).
With that Evil Mouse in the picture you will probably have a TMMA (transgender). We gotta keep making progress, right?

Do we really need a I hate wmma circle jerk thread every day I mean no matter how many times y’all complain it ain’t going anywhere lol

Should have some random high school boys wrestler at the top of that last considering he’d smash all of them

He has a great resume, but the rankings do not reflect reality when the #1 contender is ranked higher than the champion.

Obvious troll post. Poirier is ranked higher because he was the top ranked fighter before the champion was crowned and has the best resume. Two lower ranked fighters fought for the title because he wanted a money fight instead. He will remain ranked higher until he loses.

Are real life gangster women good fighters? Maybe they can recruit some of them.

The list looks fine to me - and that's considering too that there are only three women's divisions. Top seven are all solid fighters, and below that there are some decent names as well. Holm's been doing fine enough, with her only losses since 2017 being to Nunes and Cyborg. Esparza's been winning quite a few lately. Ladd has 9 wins and 7 finishes, with her only loss being to GDR (who is correctly ranked above her). And now we're past the top ten.

Really, this is just an example of circular reasoning that MMA "fans" seem to love. "Look at all the terrible fighters!" "But they have title defenses, win streaks, finishes..." "Yeah, against other terrible fighters!" "So who's good?" "No one! They're all terrible! I just proved it to you!"

Isn't Ronda the best? I got bit by some weird insect 7 years ago and woke up just the other day......

Back