The UFC with yet another terrible business decision

flakxd

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Every time they have the opportunity to break through to the mainstream and capitalize on a prime opportunity, they always make terrible decisions and screw the pooch.

All types of new viewers for this RR fight, and they fill the card with a bunch of boring nobodies that no one cares about. The random viewer who wants to watch RR fight, will give up & fall asleep well before her fight even starts. She won't fight until 1:30am Eastern time. Dumb.

Any randoms who stick it out and watch the whole thing waiting for Ronda's fight will get bored to death watching these shit fights leading up to hers. Who made the decision to put random Brazilian TUF nobodies on this card? Dumb.

Every good opportunity, the UFC messes up. Just like the opening Fox card a couple years back, when they only showed the 15 second JDS/Cain fight. 55 minutes of talking & fluff, & 15 seconds of actual fight. They refused to show any other fights that night. Dumb.

I dont understand the 2 fights between Nog-Struve and Shogun-Lil Nog

Saw a dude I'm friends with on FB write a post wondering when the Rousey fight was gonna start. Normally it'd be over by now. I'm not watching the PPV but it sounds terrible, and a very easy way to alienate fans.

It does seem absurd, these two fights should have been prelims. Was this TUF Brazil really that big of a smash hit down there that it would justify this?

Zuffa doesn't really want it main stream IMO because legitimacy hinders the opportunity for meddling in affairs(gangsterism).

For as far as the sport has come, the UFC is horribly mismanaged. It succeeds in spite of, not because of.

This isn't anything new

They don't care about it because they'll be gone soon

All about money, not about building the sport

Well wouldn't every fighter be a random nobody to someone who is only watching for Rousey and only knows her? What if they were exciting nobodies?

This isn't anything new

They don't care about it because they'll be gone soon

All about money, not about building the sport

This pretty much sums it up. As much money as they can get as fast as they can get it. There's no longer term plan or strategy here.

Every time they have the opportunity to break through to the mainstream and capitalize on a prime opportunity, they always make terrible decisions and screw the pooch.

All types of new viewers for this RR fight, and they fill the card with a bunch of boring nobodies that no one cares about. The random viewer who wants to watch RR fight, will give up & fall asleep well before her fight even starts. She won't fight until 1:30am Eastern time. Dumb.

Any randoms who stick it out and watch the whole thing waiting for Ronda's fight will get bored to death watching these shit fights leading up to hers. Who made the decision to put random Brazilian TUF nobodies on this card? Dumb.

Every good opportunity, the UFC messes up. Just like the opening Fox card a couple years back, when they only showed the 15 second JDS/Cain fight. 55 minutes of talking & fluff, & 15 seconds of actual fight. They refused to show any other fights that night. Dumb.

No it is a great decision.
Hopefully they will tune out before the bullshit wmma.
Great move!
I know I will.

Well wouldn't every fighter be a random nobody to someone who is only watching for Rousey and only knows her? What if they were exciting nobodies?

Problem is on this card their not

this is why even though ronda is somewhat popular ufc NEVER will be, year after year we have to go through this..

I knw it was gonna be bad, but I gotta see RR fight! I will buy a ppv even if she is the only fight on the card

I agree with most of what you say. However some of the TUF Brazil can't get work visas or such to fight in the US. So they're forced to only fight on Brazil.

This is all so weird tonight....huge set up for a weird card in brazil....Huge hype, but they throw in 2 unknown tuf finales.......they get everyone to watch Rousey and will have everyone leaving like Im never ordering that pos again..

Cummins and Cavalcante (sp?) SHOULD have been on the main card and the Brazil TUF finale as well. I can see why they tried it that way it was a bad choice for a PPV. Plus showcasing the Nog bros. Big Nog has earned his accolades but a card should build rising stars not aging ones who can barely walk straight anymore.

The last hip surgery, at his age? That is too early unless you are REALLY physically banged up. I do not think they draw as well anymore, partially because Lil' Nog is really out of the public eye (in the US) and promo materials and has fought rarely.

Injuries added up and Big Nog is not as physically healthy anymore. I'm older than him and he looks like he is in his late 40's early 50's, he honestly looks like my dad he has aged so much. He should hopefully train other fighters full time. Let the young guys have the important time frames first on preliminaries (Cummins) to a rising main card position, then build them and hype them.

I agree with most of what you say. However some of the TUF Brazil can't get work visas or such to fight in the US. So they're forced to only fight on Brazil.

why even put a card in brazil on ppv? I understand RR is on the card but this is gonna make a newbie never watch again....unless RR does something crazy again

Back