The UFC wants Conor to be champ in two divisions so bad that...

They put Woodley coming from a long period off to fight Lawler instead of a convincingly-hot-win-streak -Wonderboy because they thought Robbie would beat Woodley and stay champion, so that Conor could have a better chance against Lawler (a very durable brawler but very hittable and not nearly as skilled as Wonderboy) than against Wonderboy... and for the ufc it would be a great opportunity to make their golden goose move not 1 but 2 weight classes to get the belt, becoming the only fighter to do "such a feat" and their best chance was with Lawler staying champion. WB didn´t get his title shot not because he didn´t deserve or because Woodley deserved more, but because of Conor´s chances to be champion in two divisions, but their original plan fell through when Woodley KOed Lawler. But the UFC still wants it to happen... in my opinion they´re setting things up in a way that if he beats Nate in the rematch he´ll have his shot at either LW or WW title (they´ll even let him choose the least difficult champ at the time, which I believe is Alvarez now, not Woodley). They knew that Wonderboy would just be too good for Conor. But now with Woodley as champion, Conor´s best chances would be against Alvarez than Woodley, and Alvarez has already asked for this fight, and they´d love to make it, that´s why I don´t believe they´ll schedule Alvarez against Khabib now, they´ll wait for the Conor Diaz fight to play out first. What are your thoughts?View attachment 129829 View attachment 129831

DAT WALL O TEXT THO

I agree with the fact that the UFC wants Conor to be champs,.. but after that you lost me...

I agree that they desperately want Conor to be a 2-division champ. But it's 155, not 170. If he beats Nate, I believe they'll give him the 155 shot.

Paragraphs bruh. Really though, Woodley, Wonderboy, and Robbie all whoop Conor IMO. All are good fighters, I just think Conor would be a little too small for the top guys in WW. Nate isn't even able to hang with the top guys in that division.

I agree that they desperately want Conor to be a 2-division champ. But it's 155, not 170. If he beats Nate, I believe they'll give him the 155 shot.
I agree with you man, but I have a question for you.... just imagine this scenario.... suppose he won against Diaz, and went for a title shot at the WW champ and let´s imagine he lost to the champ.... Do you think they´d give him the trilogy with Nate before the fight with Aldo, and if he won the trilogy would the ufc be crazy enough to let him fight the LW champ then before going back to 145? Because that´s what I think. What do you think?

If he had fought Frankie instead of Mendes you would've said he was ducking Mendes, or the UFC "molded" fights for him by protecting him from Mendes (Mendes being the #2 contender at the time btw). It's so infuriating to try and comprehend the logic of you fucking idiots.

A- they were protecting him from Mendes too the only reason he fought him is because Aldo got injured. When they did fight he was set up with the best chance to beat him knowing Mendes had little time to cut a bunch of weight.
B-Why didn't cub get a title shot after winning 6 straight against porier, siver, and Jeremy Stephens? Because they wanted Conor as champion that's why.

It's not hard to see that Conor has had favorable matching in the UFC. Why did Frankie and Aldo just fight each other when they both deserved a shot at Conor? They were also holding up the 155 contenders for Conor as well.

Yikes. This is hard to believe.

I believe the UFC did orginally accommodate Conor in his pursuit of dual belts. When RDA got hurt, Diaz was a good short notice replacement whose personality would've worked well against Conor's for promotional purposes.

When Kavanagh went on about going for 3 belts, that was just a pipe dream with no realistic chance at happening. The chance of him holding two belts never had anything to do with the WW title, it was always going to be FW and LW.

I think the Diaz fight was to bide time and serve as a filler to setup GSP vs. Conor at UFC 200... until Diaz derailed that train in a hurry. It wouldn't have been for a title, but it would've been a huge draw and plenty of cash.

McGregor's chance at holding two belts is slim to none now. Even if he gets redemption against Diaz, he'll have the hard cut back to 145, and even then the LW title might not be on the table for him if he can defend the FW title.

With this I do agree! I don't believe the WW title was truly the aim for the Conor camp the LW belt was the aim Diaz put a real wrench into Dana's dream of having his gravy train fighter owning two titles. All Conor wanted was the prestige of having two belts in two weight classes once that was achieved that FW belt would've been vacated.

Now Conor needs to get this win and now defend his FW belt successfully so he can parlay that into a Superfight with the LW champ bypassing a killers row of LW's in waiting. Fail these two tasks he either stays @FW or enter the LW pack and fight your way to the belt...

I actually agree that the UFC has been protecting conor in this manner. Hell they originally protected him from Cub, then Frankie it's obvious they were molding fights for him
why the fuck would he need to be protected from swanson? lmao.

TL;DR: Conor isnt even near fighting for the WW belt, whoever has it kills him inside the first.

I said that´s what the ufc is trying to make, setting it up like that because they want Conor to get 2 belts, not that I believe in it.... My opinion? He won´t even get past Nate and this time Nate will get him on the feet... I just tried to explain that the ufc is preparing the fights for Conor to get there, that´s what I said.
If that was the case, why not just make an interim title at 155 for him after RDA pulled out? They seem to throw those out for no reason

Didn't expect my IQ to drop a few points after I came in here.

picgifs-abandon-thread-fuck-this-shit-1139945.gif
little legs.gif

I agree with you man, but I have a question for you.... just imagine this scenario.... suppose he won against Diaz, and went for a title shot at the WW champ and let´s imagine he lost to the champ.... Do you think they´d give him the trilogy with Nate before the fight with Aldo, and if he won the trilogy would the ufc be crazy enough to let him fight the LW champ then before going back to 145? Because that´s what I think. What do you think?
Nothing would surprise me in terms of what the UFC would give Conor. As for Aldo, the only way we see Conor ever fight at 145 again is if Nate embarrasses in this rematch. Even then, he might just make 155 his permanent home. He had a hard time making 145 as it was, I don't imagine moving up in weight twice will make it any easier to go all the way back down.

Stopped reading maybe 3 sentences in, but just no. Robbie would destroy Conor.
Just no.

I don't understand the "Conor will never go to 145 again" idea. If he loses to Nate, he will definitely go to 145 to try and defend his belt, as win or lose at higher weight classes, the belt legitimizes him.
If he beats Nate, he'll keep the belt long enough to fight Alvarez for LW.

The truth is that I may agree with your point and I may not, I couldn't read it. Paragraphs go a long way even on a forum...

why the fuck would he need to be protected from swanson? lmao.
At that time swanson was on a 6 fight winning streak and looked much more dangerous than conor. He also defeated the same guys conor beat to get his title shot. It's pretty obvious to anyone who isn't a blind nuthugger

If the UFC puts all their eggs in the "Robbie Lawler for sure winning" basket, they deserve whatever headaches they get. The dude was the least sure thing of all the UFC champions.

But I think Nate exposed in the first fight, I know he´s a big draw you´re right, but that could get smaller if he loses again to Diaz and goes back and loses to Aldo in a rematch for example, that would make 3 losses in a row.... If he loses to Nate again, which I believe he will, there´s not much left for him but to go down and almost die trying to make weight every time to defend his title....

Conor will never fight Aldo again. Also, I'm forseeing a bullshit cut stoppage against Nate next week. He's going to get a small cut producing a fraction of the blood as their first fight and the ref will stop the fight, and Conor will never agree to a rubber match.

Back