The UFC wants Conor to be champ in two divisions so bad that...

So why didn´t Wonderboy get his chance at the title before Woodley? You think Woodley was more deserving, huh?
Its all about marketability, Woodley has a bigger name, Wonderboy is fun to watch but name power is lacking.

I agree that they're the easier matchups.

RDA and Alvarez are both better matchups than Ferguson and Khabib.

Lawler and even Woodley are both better matchups than Wonderboy.

Meanwhile, both the Alvarez and Woodley title shots made no sense...

Alvarez was 0-3 in the UFC and coming off 2 boring fights, and all his fights were decisions. He also has no personality and is not a draw. Yet they chose him over claimants with 2 of the biggest win streaks in the UFC; Ferguson who is in the top 5 most exciting fighters in the UFC, and Khabib who held a win over the champion.

Woodley hadn't fought in 18 months, hadn't decisively won in 2 years, and was dominated by Rory MacDonald shortly before that. He's also got a bad personality and chooses to avoid tough fights or any fights whatsover. Meanwhile like Ferg and Khabib, Wonderboy and Maia are on fantastic winstreaks, and Wonderboy in particular is extremely marketable, a company guy, and has an exciitng fighting style.

I can't think of any other reason Woodley and Alvarez would get title shots, so I have to agree with TS
That´s it bro, you got it.

Its all about marketability, Woodley has a bigger name, Wonderboy is fun to watch but name power is lacking.
Woodley bigger name where? Totally disagree with you man.

I want to see Conor fight Khabib in a 5 rounder: 25 minutes of Conor looking pissed off and frustrated, and getting ragdolled. Good times would be had by all.
Exactly, no finishes or KOs, just the russian roller coaster for 25 min. lol

Conor would have absolutely zero chance against Lawler. Zero. You are out of your mind.
have u not followed lawlers career? the guy has taken so much damage i fear a left hand from conor like the one against aldo might actually legitimately kill lawler. he is shot.

Woodley bigger name where? Totally disagree with you man.
Woodley has been a solid fighter since strikeforce days, Wonderboy is not even close to having the name power of woodley, and woodley has very low name power to begin with.

I believe the UFC did orginally accommodate Conor in his pursuit of dual belts. When RDA got hurt, Diaz was a good short notice replacement whose personality would've worked well against Conor's for promotional purposes.

When Kavanagh went on about going for 3 belts, that was just a pipe dream with no realistic chance at happening. The chance of him holding two belts never had anything to do with the WW title, it was always going to be FW and LW.

I think the Diaz fight was to bide time and serve as a filler to setup GSP vs. Conor at UFC 200... until Diaz derailed that train in a hurry. It wouldn't have been for a title, but it would've been a huge draw and plenty of cash.

McGregor's chance at holding two belts is slim to none now. Even if he gets redemption against Diaz, he'll have the hard cut back to 145, and even then the LW title might not be on the table for him if he can defend the FW title.
Yeah, I follow your idea and agree with the GSP fight at the 200. But they won´t force him to go down to 145 if he beats Diaz, imo they´ll let him fight the champion he prefers, either at LW or WW, and right now the LW champ is the least difficult one.

Yeah, I follow your idea and agree with the GSP fight at the 200. But they won´t force him to go down to 145 if he beats Diaz, imo they´ll let him fight the champion he prefers, either at LW or WW, and right now the LW champ is the least difficult one.
If he doesn't go down and fight Aldo, he'll have to vacate his title. He can't just hold up the division, and if I recall correctly, DW's already said that's Conor's next fight.

Woodley has been a solid fighter since strikeforce days, Wonderboy is not even close to having the name power of woodley, and woodley has very low name power to begin with.
Not at all buddy, everybody that follows ufc knows who Wonderboy is and he is way more marketable and likeable than Woodley, just an overall better personality to market. Woodley just got the title is already talking shit to the fans and trying to say Wonderboy doesn´t deserve the shot.

If he doesn't go down and fight Aldo, he'll have to vacate his title. He can't just hold up the division, and if I recall correctly, DW's already said that's Conor's next fight.
Yes, he said that, but I just don´t trust Dana that much. But I really hope he goes down, I want to see how the fight would go without a 1 punch ko.

So you're saying Robbie is the easiest fight for him at WW? Or that Conor has the same type of power as Woodley? Hendricks, Condit and Rory couldn't KO Robbie but Conor could? He couldn't beat Nate with his power but he's gonna take Robbie out? You can't possibly believe that...

Listen up, Conor has ZERO chance of beating a top tier WW, let alone getting that belt. To be honest, it's skeptical on whether he can actually hold on to his current belt if he ever decides to defend it. Can you even refer to it as a title reign if he refuses to defend or even fight in his own division?

They really need to have a 6 month waiting period for new sherdog accounts

have u not followed lawlers career? the guy has taken so much damage i fear a left hand from conor like the one against aldo might actually legitimately kill lawler. he is shot.
Conor's power is overrated. He doesn't hit nearly as hard as Rory, Hendricks, Brown. Rory had Lawler badly hurt with head kicks, knees, punches and elbows and still couldn't put him away. I'm sorry, but it's just straight stupidity to think Conor would knockout Lawler.

I actually agree that the UFC has been protecting conor in this manner. Hell they originally protected him from Cub, then Frankie it's obvious they were molding fights for him
If he had fought Frankie instead of Mendes you would've said he was ducking Mendes, or the UFC "molded" fights for him by protecting him from Mendes (Mendes being the #2 contender at the time btw). It's so infuriating to try and comprehend the logic of you fucking idiots.

Conor's power is overrated. He doesn't hit nearly as hard as Rory, Hendricks, Brown. Rory had Lawler badly hurt with head kicks, knees, punches and elbows and still couldn't put him away. I'm sorry, but it's just straight stupidity to think Conor would knockout Lawler.
conor has better timing and precision than all of those + robbie taking insane amounts of damage doesnt help him in future matches

oh and aldo had never been TKO'd or KO'd before he tried to stand with conor. we know robbie faceplanted off of a jab from pillowfist nick

Woodley has no name value.

EDIT: For Reference
https://www.google.ca/trends/explore?date=2010-07-11 2016-04-11&q=/m/05f60j7,/m/0j24pq1

I did the comparison from 2010, to a few months before Lawler vs. Woodley. Woodley spikes after winning the title, but he brought no name value into the fight.

Last edited:
So you're saying Robbie is the easiest fight for him at WW? Or that Conor has the same type of power as Woodley? Hendricks, Condit and Rory couldn't KO Robbie but Conor could? He couldn't beat Nate with his power but he's gonna take Robbie out? You can't possibly believe that...

Listen up, Conor has ZERO chance of beating a top tier WW, let alone getting that belt. To be honest, it's skeptical on whether he can actually hold on to his current belt if he ever decides to defend it. Can you even refer to it as a title reign if he refuses to defend or even fight in his own division?

They really need to have a 6 month waiting period for new sherdog accounts
I said that´s what the ufc is trying to make, setting it up like that because they want Conor to get 2 belts, not that I believe in it.... My opinion? He won´t even get past Nate and this time Nate will get him on the feet... I just tried to explain that the ufc is preparing the fights for Conor to get there, that´s what I said.

Wonderboy would do horrible things to Connie Mac.

If he had fought Frankie instead of Mendes you would've said he was ducking Mendes, or the UFC "molded" fights for him by protecting him from Mendes (Mendes being the #2 contender at the time btw). It's so infuriating to try and comprehend the logic of you fucking idiots.
Frankie was in shape and ready to go while Mendes was on vacation, it´s not so hard to understand. Just like Diaz was on vacation while there were a bunch of other LW who were active, in shape and asked for the fight, and as people say, Mc Gregor is his own brand, he wouldn´t need Diaz to promote the fight, so yeah, we have the right to suspect it.

Back