The UFC wants Conor to be champ in two divisions so bad that...

Paragraphs please, it makes it a lot easier to understand and read.

I don't buy what your selling...

I agree they thought Lawler would waste Woodley but why give Wonderboy the belt now when he can build interest by slaying the rest of the division...

Plus those underdog upset kings and queens usually lose the belt on their first defence or two and lose the casual fan base. Holy Holm,Miesha Tate, Luke Rockhold, RDA and soon to be Eddie Alvarez

McGregor is not even a factor...he is a brand of his own making and was just mislead in thinking he could jump from 145 to 170...I still think he could do well at 155 but even Anderson Silva the GOAT took easy fights in Irvine and Griffin when going up in weight
But I think Nate exposed in the first fight, I know he´s a big draw you´re right, but that could get smaller if he loses again to Diaz and goes back and loses to Aldo in a rematch for example, that would make 3 losses in a row.... If he loses to Nate again, which I believe he will, there´s not much left for him but to go down and almost die trying to make weight every time to defend his title....

Problem with your theory: Lawler would absolutely destroy McGregor.

Oh right, how silly of me, THEY don't know shit....you are just a messenger carrying THEIR message.

200.gif
I guess you know all things then. You´re the man, good for you, kiddo.

Even Conor knows the 170 lb title is out of his grasp. He's gunning for dual belts at 145 and 155

The Internet's not new anymore. Even without it, we'd all be texting our mates, our girlfriends, wives, whores. People are accustomed to writing and reading as a fairly regular form of communication, and yet still there are those among us who haven't figured out the nuances of the paragraph.

Problem with your theory: Lawler would absolutely destroy McGregor.
I know, I believe that too... In my theory I don´t see Conor even winning the rematch against Diaz, but the ufc has plans that involve this guy, that´s why I think they left Wonderboy out, just to increase Conor´s chances, understand, not that I think he´ll win.

Woodley won because Black Lives Matter.

Conor just needs to beat Nate to keep his hype.

He could never be champion in that weight class.

Aldo will reclaim the belt also.

I agree that they're the easier matchups.

RDA and Alvarez are both better matchups than Ferguson and Khabib.

Lawler and even Woodley are both better matchups than Wonderboy.

Meanwhile, both the Alvarez and Woodley title shots made no sense...

Alvarez was 0-3 in the UFC and coming off 2 boring fights, and all his fights were decisions. He also has no personality and is not a draw. Yet they chose him over claimants with 2 of the biggest win streaks in the UFC; Ferguson who is in the top 5 most exciting fighters in the UFC, and Khabib who held a win over the champion.

Woodley hadn't fought in 18 months, hadn't decisively won in 2 years, and was dominated by Rory MacDonald shortly before that. He's also got a bad personality and chooses to avoid tough fights or any fights whatsover. Meanwhile like Ferg and Khabib, Wonderboy and Maia are on fantastic winstreaks, and Wonderboy in particular is extremely marketable, a company guy, and has an exciitng fighting style.

I can't think of any other reason Woodley and Alvarez would get title shots, so I have to agree with TS

I agree that they're the easier matchups.

RDA and Alvarez are both better matchups than Ferguson and Khabib.

Lawler and even Woodley are both better matchups than Wonderboy.

Meanwhile, both the Alvarez and Woodley title shots made no sense...

Alvarez was 0-3 in the UFC and coming off 2 boring fights, and all his fights were decisions. He also has no personality and is not a draw. Yet they chose him over claimants with 2 of the biggest win streaks in the UFC; Ferguson who is in the top 5 most exciting fighters in the UFC, and Khabib who held a win over the champion.

Woodley hadn't fought in 18 months, hadn't decisively won in 2 years, and was dominated by Rory MacDonald shortly before that. He's also got a bad personality and chooses to avoid tough fights or any fights whatsover. Meanwhile like Ferg and Khabib, Wonderboy and Maia are on fantastic winstreaks, and Wonderboy in particular is extremely marketable, a company guy, and has an exciitng fighting style.

I can't think of any other reason Woodley and Alvarez would get title shots, so I have to agree with TS

I want to see Conor fight Khabib in a 5 rounder: 25 minutes of Conor looking pissed off and frustrated, and getting ragdolled. Good times would be had by all.

I believe the UFC did orginally accommodate Conor in his pursuit of dual belts. When RDA got hurt, Diaz was a good short notice replacement whose personality would've worked well against Conor's for promotional purposes.

When Kavanagh went on about going for 3 belts, that was just a pipe dream with no realistic chance at happening. The chance of him holding two belts never had anything to do with the WW title, it was always going to be FW and LW.

I think the Diaz fight was to bide time and serve as a filler to setup GSP vs. Conor at UFC 200... until Diaz derailed that train in a hurry. It wouldn't have been for a title, but it would've been a huge draw and plenty of cash.

McGregor's chance at holding two belts is slim to none now. Even if he gets redemption against Diaz, he'll have the hard cut back to 145, and even then the LW title might not be on the table for him if he can defend the FW title.

They put Woodley coming from a long period off to fight Lawler instead of a convincingly-hot-win-streak -Wonderboy because they thought Robbie would beat Woodley and stay champion, so that Conor could have a better chance against Lawler (a very durable brawler but very hittable and not nearly as skilled as Wonderboy) than against Wonderboy... and for the ufc it would be a great opportunity to make their golden goose move not 1 but 2 weight classes to get the belt, becoming the only fighter to do "such a feat" and their best chance was with Lawler staying champion. WB didn´t get his title shot not because he didn´t deserve or because Woodley deserved more, but because of Conor´s chances to be champion in two divisions, but their original plan fell through when Woodley KOed Lawler. But the UFC still wants it to happen... in my opinion they´re setting things up in a way that if he beats Nate in the rematch he´ll have his shot at either LW or WW title (they´ll even let him choose the least difficult champ at the time, which I believe is Alvarez now, not Woodley). They knew that Wonderboy would just be too good for Conor. But now with Woodley as champion, Conor´s best chances would be against Alvarez than Woodley, and Alvarez has already asked for this fight, and they´d love to make it, that´s why I don´t believe they´ll schedule Alvarez against Khabib now, they´ll wait for the Conor Diaz fight to play out first. What are your thoughts?View attachment 129829 View attachment 129831
what a bunch of crap, seriously shut up

Back