The UFC release 9 fighters including Chad Griggs and Yasuhiro Urushitani

Henry Martinez came "bang" in his last fight and still got released..

sad to see chad griggs leave but he didnt do to well in his two ufc fight bet muttonchops in mma

They released Gambino?! Son of my bitch :icon_evil

Maybe some bantamweights will be moving down. We'll have to see.

I don't like random lay-offs like this. Fighters deserved to be let go right after a bad performance, not while they're sweating in the gym waiting for the next assignment.

Utter bullshit that Houghland was cut.

Dude was in 3 wars and Dana preaches that "WE LOVE GUYS WHO COME TO FIGHT" horse shit no one believes is true.

urushitani shouldnt have been cut. the UFC FLW division is still paper thin, urushitani is still a top 10-15 FLW and his losses were to the #2 BW, now #2 FLW benavidez and a competitive loss to lineker in a great fight.

don't really agree with the gambino cut either, but the FW roster is kind of bloated. i'm sure he'll be back eventually in the future.

sucks for griggs and yasuhiro, both could have done better, i think the matchups didn't favor them.

Utter bullshit that Houghland was cut.

Dude was in 3 wars and Dana preaches that "WE LOVE GUYS WHO COME TO FIGHT" horse shit no one believes is true.

Those weren't wars, they were one-sided beatdowns. Hougland has no business being in the UFC after his last couple of fights. Name one fighter on the UFC's current BW roster that Hougland could beat...maybe Bloodworth. Hougland has heart, but so did Danny Downes. Neither belonged in the UFC.

Those weren't wars, they were one-sided beatdowns. Hougland has no business being in the UFC after his last couple of fights. Name one fighter on the UFC's current BW roster that Hougland could beat...maybe Bloodworth. Hougland has heart, but so did Danny Downes. Neither belonged in the UFC.

including the fight he won?

Stop posting.

including the fight he won?

Stop posting.

You are on here defending Jeff Hougland, really? He beat Donny Walker, a guy that is no longer in the UFC. Stop trying to claim Hougland deserves another shot in the UFC when he was involved in two of the most lopsided fights in recent memory.

You are on here defending Jeff Hougland, really? He beat Donny Walker, a guy that is no longer in the UFC. Stop trying to claim Hougland deserves another shot in the UFC when he was involved in two of the most lopsided fights in recent memory.

He got beat badly, but there's no damn way to call them most lopsided fight in recent times.

Hell, Byron Bloodsworth got fucking mauled two times in row. Let alone Kid Yamamoto - both from the same division.

Are they still in the UFC.

no surprises there. expect urushitani to be back at one of the japans cards.

He got beat badly, but there's no damn way to call them most lopsided fight in recent times.

Hell, Byron Bloodsworth got fucking mauled two times in row. Let alone Kid Yamamoto - both from the same division.

Are they still in the UFC.

You do realize that Hougland's last two fights were the following:
L - Takeya Mizugaki : Scored 30-25, 30-27, 30-27
L - Yves Jabouin: Scored 30-26, 30-27, 30-27
*The scores were even more lopsided by all the of the MMA websites doing pbp. I watched both fights and Hougland was basically in survival mode the entire fight.

He has lost his last 6 rounds of fighting. How much more punishment do you want to see Hougland take to prove he doesn't belong in the UFC right now?

I already said, Hougland is tough as nails. Unfortunately, just having an ability to take punishment is not enough to keep you in the UFC. Let him go back on the independent circuit and improve his striking.

As for Yamamoto, are you seriously considering Yamamoto's case to Hougland's? Give Yamamoto a little respect here.

...and Bloodworth, he's probably on his way out too.

Really hate the Gambino cut. That kid is talented, exciting and young.

Back