The UFC release 9 fighters including Chad Griggs and Yasuhiro Urushitani

125 lbs typically means they are athletes in the 135-140lb weight range....which means if they werent athletes working out every day, they would probably be in the 150-160lb weight range

that is not so untypical of grown adult males...maybe its not average, but its no freak of nature

I'm guessing you wrestled at 103 your senior year?

I'm guessing you wrestled at 103 your senior year?

nope, 160....but of course, i was friends with all those midgets...and while, they are small, seemed to be readily available year after year

nope, 160....but of course, i was friends with all those midgets...and while, they are small, seemed to be readily available year after year

yea, i too am friends with some little guys that could probably still make 125 if they were to get in wrestling/fighting shape

HEnry Martinez beat the shit out of Riddle - thats too bad for him it was an L

Griggs, Urushitani, and Papazian should've stayed. The UFC fucking needs to sign Flyweights, not cut the ones they have. I thought Papazian and Urushitani were scheduled to fight on the next Japan card too.

Still no Leonard Garcia? What are they waiting for, 5 losses in a row?

Griggs, Urushitani, and Papazian should've stayed. The UFC fucking needs to sign Flyweights, not cut the ones they have. I thought Papazian and Urushitani were scheduled to fight on the next Japan card too.

I thought that fight was scheduled, too. I also agree that they probably shouldn't be letting flyweights go prematurely given the lack of depth on the roster, but in the cage, those two have squandered their opportunities.

As if Flyweight wasn't shallow enough...

there's a depth in talent and a shallowness in numbers - these are the types of guys who can get a win or two and come back and they won't be locked into some contract with just a one or two off fight from the big show

Is MMAOpinion.co.uk a legit source? I've never heard of it.

I'm surprised Griggs got cut, would have liked to see him fight at least one more time in his new weight class.

HEnry Martinez beat the shit out of Riddle - thats too bad for him it was an L

It wasn't as dominating a performance as you make it out to be. Martinez's next fight against Bernardo Magalhaes was one of the worst fights I have ever seen though. Martinez should be fighting at FW.

He's solid all around and tough as shit, that Jabouin beating was nasty. I'm not arguing that he should stay, or something, but he's not that bad.

He might not be that bad, but he's not good enough to be in the UFC. His last 2 fights were extremely one-sided. The UFC can't keep everyone otherwise they would have no room to sign prospects. I would trade Hougland's spot for Aljamain Sterling anytime.

Back