The UFC refs stop fights way to soon during the ground and pound the refs need to let the guy gas

early stoppage imo

krObWVX.gif

Tin foil hat mode: ON

can you explain why they dont hire actual knowledgeable people as judges?

I cant think of another reason except that they need to control the judges.

explain to me how Adalaide Byrd. Any possible scenario. There's only one scenario why she would be hired as a judge.

The only way a fight should end is tapping or the towel being thrown. Just like the old dayz

lol

Poor Lima. Had to to fight Igor twice in one night because Uncle Renzo thought the first stoppage was early.

Imagine that shit, getting KO'd twice in one night by fucking Igor Vovchanchyn <6>

I fuckin hate it when title fights are stopped standing.

I think about that in the Tito Chuck rematch. Tito got his ass handed to him in the first, and the ref let it go. I think it was the second he arguably won. Then in the 3rd, the ref stopped it when he was taking fists to the bicep. He was not being hurt or placed in danger of serious harm from being hit on the arm. A lot of the time, people dismiss it because the guy on the losing end was in a bad spot. But fights do have tides of momentum, and an aggressor can tire himself out. Chuck, for example may have been more vulnerable as the fight went on. It was just a shitty ending that nobody acknowledged, and it does happen with other fighters.

The problem is that guys need to be able to fight multiple times a year to make a living this is a sport now and the fighters are investments of the UFC both fighter and the UFC want these guys to come back and be able to fight again it's the way the sport is. Back in the 90's they went till the fight was finished but those guys also weren't fighting as often and it was borderline for pride over money

I’m gonna turtle up and let him wail on me until he gets tired = Unintelligent Defense.

That is how the legitimate best fight of all time went so maybe TS has a point

watch

i've sometimes thought that it would be a good idea for the fighter on top throwing the punches, to allow the downed-fighter back up. if the guy is turtling-up, then he must be somewhat hurt. let him back up and start wailing again.

That is how the legitimate best fight of all time went so maybe TS has a point

watch

if you allow a fighter to sustain that kind of punishment, then they might as well make every fight one where it only ends if the fighter gets knocked out or submits. not sure if that's a good idea.

if you allow a fighter to sustain that kind of punishment, then they might as well make every fight one where it only ends if the fighter gets knocked out or submits. not sure if that's a good idea.

Sak won tho

Another good reason why I think this could be true is because these judges do not have training, and are not former fighters.... they're just regular people that happen to be the judge. they might not even like MMA. They're just there to be controlled by the commission and they get paid as a result.

Like that one judge Adalaide Byrd... why the fuck is she a judge? Why aren't they hiring qualified people to judge. People that actually like MMA on sherdog would do a better job judging. The reason is because if they got former fighters, or qualified people, they wouldnt be able to control them.
That's a good point but the counter argument is that former fighters are going to have certain biases, maybe towards their former camp or teammates or even towards fighters whose style is closer to theirs. And God forbid hiring a former fighter from Brazil as a judge to judge any fights with Brazilians in them.

Start from 13:48 and ends at 14:24

This is when fights get stopped. Refs are legally obligated before every fight to go over the rules with the fighters.
Which means they would have heard something like this during their briefing.

In short, BJM calls TS an idiot.

Last edited:
If turtling is your only strategy left you've lost already downed guys already work the rules enough exposing the back of the head while covering their face, if the dominant guy didn't have to worry about where to hit just right these guys be finished 2× as fast with 10× the damage. Two rules balance each other out and fighters live longer.

I’m gonna turtle up and let him wail on me until he gets tired = Unintelligent Defense.

And how smart would it be if you started throwing punches from your back or in turtle position lol, it makes me laugh when the ref goes FIGHT BACK uh yeah and leave yourself open? if the guy can block and absorb those shots and not get hit flush and then play possum and explode that is strategy.

getting hit on the gloves and forearms and not taking punishment is okay, they shouldnt stop it. stop it only when people are getting hit flush like with Valentinas fight the ref let it go on way too long the woman was getting busted up clean.

Ever heard of the Ali rope a dope?

he just covered up and slipped and ate shots to the body and arms until Foreman got tired and knocked him out as he gassed

Back