The UFC/Off-Topic Thread v7

GTFO, we saw Floyd carry him for many rounds, then just clown him.

He needs a firearm, not leg kicks.

GTFO, we saw Floyd carry him for many rounds, then just clown him.

He needs a firearm, not leg kicks.

Slowly to becoming a circus act. Stick to your expertise I would say.

Last edited:
Hot Mess?? Its one of the best free cards this year

I meant the fact that I'm 49, have been around since UFC1 in '93 when I didn't even know what I was going to see, LOVED Pride in the '90s and now I see like what, 3 or 4 names on there that I know from the late '90s/early to mid 2000s? Shogun? Hunt? Okami? I forget who else. I've only been following casually since about late in GSP's reign when they went all point-fighting (thanks Greg Jackson for ruining a sport) versus going for finishes. I enjoy Bellator more nowadays. Anyway, I meant that it looks like a couple guys could die in the cage of natural causes. What are they doing, setting them up against young up-and-comers? Maybe I'll tune in for this one. Should be some finishes one way or the other, I guess. And Dos Santos? Where has he been? I thought he was off hanging with Shane Carwin somewhere.
<Fedor23>

I meant the fact that I'm 49, have been around since UFC1 in '93 when I didn't even know what I was going to see, LOVED Pride in the '90s and now I see like what, 3 or 4 names on there that I know from the late '90s/early to mid 2000s? Shogun? Hunt? Okami? I forget who else. I've only been following casually since about late in GSP's reign when they went all point-fighting (thanks Greg Jackson for ruining a sport) versus going for finishes. I enjoy Bellator more nowadays. Anyway, I meant that it looks like a couple guys could die in the cage of natural causes. What are they doing, setting them up against young up-and-comers? Maybe I'll tune in for this one. Should be some finishes one way or the other, I guess. And Dos Santos? Where has he been? I thought he was off hanging with Shane Carwin somewhere.
<Fedor23>
A week earlier, outside the UFC, Chuck Liddell's fighting Tito Ortiz. A lot of old folks competing in MMA who should be retired and plenty of them still top 10 ranked type guys despite being 200 years old.

A week earlier, outside the UFC, Chuck Liddell's fighting Tito Ortiz. A lot of old folks competing in MMA who should be retired and plenty of them still top 10 ranked type guys despite being 200 years old.

I forgot, I saw something about that and was like "Oh, no...". lol

Seriously, though. Chuck was done after Rich Franklin sparked him fighting with one broken arm. When was that? It's been a while.

I forgot, I saw something about that and was like "Oh, no...". lol

Seriously, though. Chuck was done after Rich Franklin sparked him fighting with one broken arm. When was that? It's been a while.
Yep. Watched that on PPV. Chuck broke his arm with a kick and Rich caught him coming in with a punch that knocked him cold. That was in 2010.

Anyone catch cyborg v Nunes? Cyborg's boxing defense was woeful. Nunes does have great technique/power on her straight punches thou.

Cyborg moving to her left within a steady even rhytm (= predictable) straight into Amandas right hand. A lot of MMA fighters are physical, but never internalize the science of boxing.

Gustaffson obviously stood no chance against Jones picogramm witchcraft. Dana White, who used to talk shit about boxing fights not living up up the hype, promised everyone a great fight beforehand lol...

Last edited:
Anyone watch last night? Glad I did. Good card spoiled by a shit decision in the main. Santos won 1, 2 and 5 and the fight clear and Jones won 3 clear. 4 was close and I gave it to Santos 4-1, but that could have gone Jones and made it 3-2 Santos, but Jones lost that fight clear.
I hope Askren is OK, because he looked like he got hit by a car. Rockhold KO'd, Holm KO'd, decent card aside from the main. First one I've watched live in some time.

Askren rewrote pantera’s five minutes seconds alone

Where's rob?
Jenkins?
Hasnt been here for awhile.
Left the day after Mayweather-McGregor happened in Aug 2017, obviously.
Posted again in March 2018 for a day.
Then never again.

He was a MMA fan who hung out in the boxing section trying to defend MMA anytime someone laughed at it.

Happy for Masvidal, been with him since way back, hope he keeps making some noise and more people are willing to fight him.

Jenkins?
Hasnt been here for awhile.
Left the day after Mayweather-McGregor happened in Aug 2017, obviously.
Posted again in March 2018 for a day.
Then never again.

He was a MMA fan who hung out in the boxing section trying to defend MMA anytime someone laughed at it.

Well all these “wrestling, takedown” clowns sure took an L from a pure striker like Masvidal

Jorge Masvidal is the baddest man in mma rn. He died that boy Askren in 2 seconds. Boom Roasted.

Back