The UFC/Off-Topic Thread v7

I saw a few comments upstairs from people questioning how it was possible for the UFC to market a McGregor vs Khabib matchup. My quick response was to one of them was;

"The foreign menace is one of the easiest sells in promotional history. If the UFC can't figure out how to market someone like Khabib against a star as popular as McGregor then they have no business being involved in the promoting business."

Khabib would have no problems at all playing the heel or "foreign menace" in that matchup. He showed exactly that last Saturday when he went in front of a crowd that was entirely pro-McGregor and trashed him on the mic in front of all of them. He didn't give a shit. The UFC should ask Khabib to wear that Doomguide hoodie to most/all the public appearances in the buildup as well to add that extra aura around him.

I heard that some Russian promoter offered Khabib 5 million to fight in Russia.

Goldberg sqaushed Brock, pretty surprising.

Springsteen coming back to NZ next year, should be good. I saw him back to back nights in Auckland in 2014, very good.

T-Mobile has some of the best Black Friday deals we’ve seen

The headline deal here is a trade-in program for old phones. T-Mobile is offering upgrades to top-tier flagship phones — namely, the iPhone 7 and Samsung Galaxy S7 — provided you trade in a paid-off last-gen smartphone.

In other words, if you own an iPhone 6s or a Samsung Galaxy S6 (or similar), you can upgrade to an iPhone 7 for free. If you have an older phone, you can still get a good trade-in deal, you just have to pay a little cash. $100 gets you from an iPhone 6, Note 4 or Galaxy S5 up to an iPhone, or it’s $350 if you’re coming all the way from an iPhone 5 or 5c. The same deals apply for upgrading to a Galaxy S7 or LG V20.

Source
http://bgr.com/2016/11/22/t-mobile-black-friday-2016-deals-iphone-7-galaxy-s7/

lol at Conor returning in May when Khabib is in Ramadan.

Goldberg sqaushed Brock, pretty surprising.

Springsteen coming back to NZ next year, should be good. I saw him back to back nights in Auckland in 2014, very good.

I just watched that. They had Goldberg win with like three moves. Two spears and then his finisher. Haha. Not sure why Lesnar agreed to a match like that, although I can only assume he gets a similar type victory over Goldberg next time they meet. My guess is that they'll also give Lesnar the title, but I don't really watch wrestling anymore so I don't have my finger on what's going on. Maybe they give Lesnar the title at the Royal Rumble, have Goldberg win the big battle royal there, and then have Lesnar return the squash at Wrestlemania. Whatever happens there has to be something big in it for Lesnar for him to agree to go down like that.

Whatever happens there has to be something big in it for Lesnar for him to agree to go down like that.
Either that, or there was no way Goldberg was coming back to lose to anyone.

Either that, or there was no way Goldberg was coming back to lose to anyone.

That would be extremely dumb to do it that way, though. As far as I know Goldberg is only back for a short time. A few matches then he's done. While Lesnar isn't a full time guy, he's still going to be with the company for a while yet, and is one of the only stars they have. It would make no sense for the WWE creative team to bury Lesnar like that. I don't think the WWE would do that to Lesnar, nor do I think Lesnar would agree to it unless there was some other end game where he's the one benefiting.

That would be extremely dumb to do it that way, though. As far as I know Goldberg is only back for a short time. A few matches then he's done. While Lesnar isn't a full time guy, he's still going to be with the company for a while yet, and is one of the only stars they have. It would make no sense for the WWE creative team to bury Lesnar like that. I don't think the WWE would do that to Lesnar, nor do I think Lesnar would agree to it unless there was some other end game where he's the one benefiting.
It also could be both. Of course there will be another match, but I couldn't care less about it.

It also could be both. Of course there will be another match, but I couldn't care less about it.

Yeah, I don't really care either to be honest. Didn't even care about this one until Georgie mentioned it. My days as a wrestling fan are long in the past.

@Seano is RDR Red Dead Redemption? If so, that's the only game I've ever enjoyed as an adult. It's also the last game I ever played. I grew up watching westerns and shit, so that game was perfect to me. Way better than Black ops or Grand Theft Auto.

@Seano is RDR Red Dead Redemption? If so, that's the only game I've ever enjoyed as an adult. It's also the last game I ever played. I grew up watching westerns and shit, so that game was perfect to me. Way better than Black ops or Grand Theft Auto.
it's all about Street Fighter and Tekken, right @Strange King?

also Pokemon

RDR is Red Dead Redemption, Nac. Probably the 2nd best game I've played over the last half dozen years or so. Behind only The Last of Us, which was unbelievably good.

Seano is crazy.

I know nothing about pokeman, that whole Japanese games/cartoons thing evaded me entirely.
it's a generational thing, though the games are legitimately really fun

Also a fan of Mega Man and Advance Wars.

Back